Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Not even the puns and jokes?
    Herc's jokes were better :/

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The name Judah is throwing me off...you just instinctively think this guy is going to betray/hurt Iceman...seriously out of ALL the names..come on.
    Coz Romeo was more subtle?

But Judah could just be a nod to Bobby's first featured female date Judy, instead of literally being Judas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Omg! Was it the super emotional one?
    Yes lmao (assuming the others weren't cuz I only saw the tweet about mine xD), it was the one by Michael

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Oooh congrats!!
    Thanks! we both got our letters in!
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

I'm thinking of dropping this book, because we are six issues in but i just don't feel all that interested. In fact i feel like there is a repetitive cycle going on with the character where he has his solo introspective moment, meets another character who he shares moment with, gets into a fight, comes to some revelation about himself and then repeat of the same in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I'm thinking of dropping this book, because we are six issues in but i just don't feel all that interested. In fact i feel like there is a repetitive cycle going on with the character where he has his solo introspective moment, meets another character who he shares moment with, gets into a fight, comes to some revelation about himself and then repeat of the same in the next issue.
    TBF that's how it usually plays out for people in their mid to late 20's (with the superpowered fights being symbolic of course). It's just happening a little later for Bobby due to his previous repression.

I guess I can understand that, even if I'm enjoying the story myself. The solo so far has been a very character-driven story rather than a plot-based one. More about ironing out the character and figuring out where he is mentally than about establishing him as a solo hero.

But tbh he kind of needed it. Iceman hasn't been very fleshed out at all in the main books as compared to, say, Jean Grey (though I'd say Jean's solo isn't very plot-heavy either...).

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I guess I can understand that, even if I'm enjoying the story myself. The solo so far has been a very character-driven story rather than a plot-based one. More about ironing out the character and figuring out where he is mentally than about establishing him as a solo hero.

But tbh he kind of needed it. Iceman hasn't been very fleshed out at all in the main books as compared to, say, Jean Grey (though I'd say Jean's solo isn't very plot-heavy either...).
    I don't think Marvel or Grace really intended this book to firmly establish Iceman as a solo character as opposed to finally exploring his characterization as he was overshadowed by the bigger personalities on the team books for decades. SG is succeeding in that regard and as you said, it was something Bobby desperately needed.

Hopefully this series sets him up to take on a more pro-active and prominent role in the team books. But for that to happen, we need someone like Grace or Liu who cares enough about Bobby to write a team book featuring him as the leader or quasi-protagonist of the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I don't think Marvel or Grace really intended this book to firmly establish Iceman as a solo character as opposed to finally exploring his characterization as he was overshadowed by the bigger personalities on the team books for decades. SG is succeeding in that regard and as you said, it was something Bobby desperately needed.

Hopefully this series sets him up to take on a more pro-active and prominent role in the team books. But for that to happen, we need someone like Grace or Liu who cares enough about Bobby to write a team book featuring him as the leader or quasi-protagonist of the title.
    Probably. That might also be the goal with the new mini's for Rogue/Gambit and Storm. Giving them a bit of attention because the main x-books haven't in the recent years. Legion I'm a bit more confused about, considering he's been away for so long, but he does have his tv series.

Hopefully but I feel like it'd require a major shake-up for the current x-office. Which I guess is half-happening with Logan and the real Jean returning, but like you said is more about having writers that are interested in using the character. But yeah, I'd love for Grace to take over one of the books. Oh Liu... that Iceman story was so good, hopefully she'll write for Marvel once again.

Hopefully but I feel like it'd require a major shake-up for the current x-office. Which I guess is half-happening with Logan and the real Jean returning, but like you said is more about having writers that are interested in using the character. But yeah, I'd love for Grace to take over one of the books. Oh Liu... that Iceman story was so good, hopefully she'll write for Marvel once again.
    I hope she will, but I doubt she has much reason to, given that Monstress is doing so well.

Naw, you're confusing Iceman's book for Jeen's. Now HER title is suffering from SERIOUS SHAMPOO SYNDROME-- lather, rinse, repeat -- and with Victor Ibanez on hiatus(??) I can no longer abide it.

That's interesting. I've never thought of solo's that way, I usually think of them as trying to make the character a solo hero. But I like that for some characters a solo book is just to give them much needed development that can't be done in a team book due to there being too many characters to juggle.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Naw, you're confusing Iceman's book for Jeen's. Now HER title is suffering from SERIOUS SHAMPOO SYNDROME-- lather, rinse, repeat -- and with Victor Ibanez on hiatus(??) I can no longer abide it.
    Not to start "this" type of conversation, but it amazes me she sells almost 10,000 more issues than Iceman does. Her name really does hold a lot of weight, huh?

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post

Is that supposed to be The Abbey?? Makes sense that would be Bobby's first gay club. It was mine too haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Not to start "this" type of conversation, but it amazes me she sells almost 10,000 more issues than Iceman does. Her name really does hold a lot of weight, huh?
    And that's teen Jean, whom many adult Jean fans hate. Adult Jean would probably be able to join Logan, X23, and Cable at sustaining long term solos.

Is that supposed to be The Abbey?? Makes sense that would be Bobby's first gay club. It was mine too haha.
    The Abbey? Judah is definitely evil! Run Bobby! Run before Judah turns you into a zombie, err I mean a basic LA bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I attribute it to the rotating guest star appearances. Bringing in the Thor fans, the Namor fans, the Wanda fans, etc etc on TOP of the actual Teen Jean fans.