Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This was interesting. Definitely felt a strong BTAS influence here.
    All we need now is an animated film adaptation featuring Mark Hammil's voice.

I made a thread about it.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I didn't care for the art much really.

I thought the writer forced certain elements of the story to make it fit his concept. Also, Batman treats the Joker like he's the homicidal maniac from the regular universe, but in the story they never say he's a mass murderer. They even go out of their way to state he's never attacked or harmed a guard. Maybe Alfred's condition was caused by the Joker? I guess maybe they'll flesh out Batmans motivations later in the series.
    Yeah, Joker's been a killer from his first appearance; excising that aspect of the character to make it easier to flip the sides doesn't seem like playing fair with the premise.

Although to be fair, having a Joker who is a mass murdering psychopath become the hero of the piece would have its own problems. Maybe there just isn't a way to tell the story they want to tell here that would make sense to me.

One thing:

The lady who took that video of Batman forcing those pills down the Joker's throat . . .

. . . could it have been Harley Quinn?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I liked it a lot. Plus Murphy's art was perfect for the tone of the book.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I dug this book, the story was good, the art was good, and I was able to get it on sale because my comic shop's most recent shipment was late. This book was a win all around! I can't wait to see what issue #2 looks like!

Incredible Member

Loved it! This is why out of continuity stories are often well received. Well at least by me. Art was superb, story was fresh. While I agree with some of the other comments saying it’s an exaggerated take on Bats, it didn’t distract from the writing. As I say - Dare to be different! Well done Mr. Murphy. Can’t wait for issue 2.

BANNED

Just read this with my comic club. Pretty dang bad I've got to say. One part dull and tired, one part idiotic, one part pretentious, there was nothing entertaining or interesting about this.

And its probably going to win a bunch of awards...I hate this world.
    Last edited by Assam; 10-17-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Just read this with my comic club. Pretty dang bad I've got to say. One part dulll and tired, ine part idiotic, one part pretentious, there was nothing entertaining or interesting about this.

And its probably going to win a bunch of awards...I hate this world.
    Well, tastes are what they are .

Mighty Member

Qwerty: Anyone else feel this Batman was reminiscent to the all star Batman by Frank miller?

Me: I don't think White Knight Batman is like that version of Batman as the former Batman does have an little more understandable reason for acting the way he does in comparison to the latter one.

This comic is honestly a weird take on the Joker.

We got more explanations on why Batman is so angry at the Joker and Harely's role in this issue. Jason does exist in this universe, but his fate is unknown because Joker refuse to talk about what he did to him, but it seem that he is going to play role later.

This was cool. I liked seeing BTAS Harley beat the crap out of New 52 Harley.

Same here.

Incredible Member

Honestly I didn't care regardless. I like both looks (that whole feminism comment seem unnecessary seeing what TAS Harley has worn as well) but I did like how it was used to show how far down the rabbit hole Joker has went before becoming Jack again. But in the whole "My Harley is better than __ Harley" element felt very unnecessary otherwise tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    Honestly I didn't care regardless. I like both looks (that whole feminism comment seem unnecessary seeing what TAS Harley has worn as well) but I did like how it was used to show how far down the rabbit hole Joker has went before becoming Jack again. But in the whole "My Harley is better than __ Harley" element felt very unnecessary otherwise tbh.
    Not a bad way of putting it.

Mighty Member

The art and the designs look pretty great, and there's some nice concepts there, but the writing is...ugh.