Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Astonishing XMEN #4 Spoilers and Discussion

My favorite issue so far! Issue #3 was bland but this swung it back around.

-After attacking a police officer, Logan is now on the loose. Only Bishop is in his way of getting to Betsy. Logan attacks Bishop and manages to throw him off the building. Psylocke fears losing her friends in the Astral plane but suddenly Xavier appears to her and assures her that he will help but she must fight Logan. She does, and manages to throw him off the building as well.

-Mystique and Fantomex find themselves in a luxurious Madripoor apt drinking fine champagne. Mystique reveals they can have or see whatever they want. Fantomex thinks it’s a trap but Mystique doesn’t care.

-As Bishop falls, he uses his powers to absorb energy and slowly release it causing his fall to be gentle. He sees Logan falling and starts to use his powers to help him but then decides not to. Logan crashes hard.

-Rogue and Gambit find themselves in a luxury spa. Gambit can’t stop thinking about getting Rogue back, and lightly touches her hard. Nothing happens, and Gambit admits he feels plenty for her. Rogue thinks it’s a trap.

-As Logan recovers, the helicopter full of cops fires a ton of shots at him. In it, Angel warns them that Logan is not dead. As the dust serttles, Logan attacks the helicopter forcing Angel to fly out and take Logan head on at super speed. They crash into a mall where Logan touches two humans who also seem to become possessed.

-As Fantomex and Mystique go on adventure after adventure, Gambit thinks this is the perfect opportunity for him and Rogue to be together. Rogue doesn’t want to since her heart is always left in a worse place each time the two are together but as Gambit assures her, she gives in. As Fantomex and Mystique kiss and take it to the bedroom, Gambit finds himself kissing the air as Rogue has disappeared.

-Fantomex, Mystique (in underwear) and Rogue find themselves in a room with Xavier. He tells them he’s not a trick and will answer questions later. Rogue insists he tell them where Gambit is. Xavier tells her, he wasn’t able to save Gambit. Back in the real world, Gambit’s eyes become possessed.

So much for that aforementioned "kibosh" Soule put on Rogue and Gambit lol.

Spectacular Member

Once again we got the lovesick, puppy Gambit. I am reaaaaally bored of writers using him like a prop. I'm not sure I can hope for a plot twist on upcoming issues :/
    Last edited by Laemar; 10-04-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    So much for that aforementioned "kibosh" Soule put on Rogue and Gambit lol.
    And they have a co-lead title coming out. It was too good to be true.

Would it be to much to hape that Gambit is tricking SK as he tricked him and Bogdan before?

I liked issue 4. I thought Gambit was incredibly sweet and beautiful in how he still burns for Rogue. It reminded Rogue that she does too. I think there will be a twist here. I am looking forward to it.

BANNED

Bishop got nerfed hard. He can keep up with Logan hand to hand.

It seems even on purpose we have just an announcement about the new title involving the couple and we have a romantic scene between them in Astonishing .

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This issue was just ok, it felt really thin. Reminded me why I dislike modern Logan so much. He is the bestest unstoppable badass and all other X-Men cannot possible beat him, whatever. Agree with Rogue that it's probably best to not revisit a relationship with Gambit. Fanto and Mystique is, I dunno, kinda gross, but it's also not unbelievable, like Raven doesn't exactly have high standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It seems even on purpose we have just an announcement about the new title involving the couple and we have a romantic scene between them in Astonishing .
    What's this now? Did I miss some news? Ah, nevermind I see it now.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 10-04-2017 at 11:39 AM.

BANNED

I'm bored.

Xavier is Shadow King that's why the dialog bubbles are black just like Wolverine's. It just isn't entertaining. It seems overly slow and honestly it feels like 6 weeks between each issue to wait & not get very far.

The issue was good aside from love sick chump Gambit. Been there done that. The dude sounds lame as hell begging Rogue, I almost threw up my breakfast reading that ****. If Gambit getting left behind is not some ploy to fool the shadow king, this appearance is almost as embarrassing as his run in Legacy. Really sad as it pretty much ruins an otherwise solid issue for me.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I'm bored.

Xavier is Shadow King that's why the dialog bubbles are black just like Wolverine's. It just isn't entertaining. It seems overly slow and honestly it feels like 6 weeks between each issue to wait & not get very far.
    This is the only thing I am holding out hope on. That SK is fooling everyone else and Gambit is playing the love sick stooge to eventually turn the tables. That would be in keeping with Gambit from the 90s but he's so far removed from that guy that it's probably just wishful thinking.

This book would be better for sure if it was double shipping. There isn't enough action in the issues to sustain waiting a month for this.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Just waiting for Psylocke to save the entire day tbh.

Well between this issue and Iceman 6 it looks like Angel is definitely real Warren and not NuAngel. That makes me happy enough to make Archangel my avatar again.

I thought the book picked up well enough again. The action was nice and the characters all received good panel time. Has Bishop ever used his powers to stop himself from falling before.

I will agree that the all the dialog bubbles and narration boxes being the same black color of Shadow King being suspicious and boring.

Still not a bad story considering I don't like Shadow King.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    Well between this issue and Iceman 6 it looks like Angel is definitely real Warren and not NuAngel. That makes me happy enough to make Archangel my avatar again.

I thought the book picked up well enough again. The action was nice and the characters all received good panel time. Has Bishop ever used his powers to stop himself from falling before.

I will agree that the all the dialog bubbles and narration boxes being the same black color of Shadow King being suspicious and boring.

Still not a bad story considering I don't like Shadow King.
    The Pacing is off...we really could've had everything of last issue and this one in ONE book. It's like they're purposely cutting this into more books than it needs to be.