Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Guggenheim seems to be going all Meta with Mojo being a mouthpiece for his own ideas about the Legacy line in Marvel and being forced to write a crossover. Even killing the writer.

It seems painstakingly slow "oh what are these things"....5 pages of various mix/match teams trying to do something that doesn't work and then the characters explaining what's happening in panel. AND the New Xmen AGAIN complaining about not being used.
    It was a little TOO meta for my tastes. I also found it weird how easily Bloodstorm was integrated into the X-Men family. She joined on literally the last panel of X-Men Blue #12. No one has ANY questions about her? Not even Ororo?

Also if your going to keep paying lip service to the Kurt and Rachel relationship, let's ACTUALLY see some scenes with them together in a non-mission manner.

Otherwise, it was... Ok.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Fun issue. Nice, fast-paced kick off to the crossover. I expect I'll like the Blue issues a tad more but this was definitely a good read.

Could've used some more character interactions instead of giving extra panels to Kitty and Rachel, otherwise it was a nice set-up.

So Storm is not going to acknowledge that there is another version of her running around? Will Bloodstorm and Storm get to interact?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    So Storm is not going to acknowledge that there is another version of her running around? Will Bloodstorm and Storm get to interact?
    Her child from the future is still around, isn't she? I guess she's not allowed to...?

BANNED

Storm speaking? idk...

BANNED

Watch Bloodstorm get the focus in this storyline over Storm haha. Granted, Storm being in Asgard HAS so much potential. Will the Guys shock us? That'd be the biggest twist yet!

Fantastic Member

Now this is the issue I’ve been waiting for right here! The art is great and Rachel looks amazing! Dare I say her new costume might be growing on me?! And I hate capes. Although the back of the costume is hot. It all depends on who’s drawing it I think. I love the hound costume. They can return to that look any time and I would never get tired of it.great issue! This crossover is fun! Can’t wait for the next one!

wow storm head looks gigantic

The art is really ... lifeless and it made it hard for me to enjoy it. And the fact that so many characters that SHOULD be talking to each other weren't even exchanging lines to indicate they will have interaction during the event troubles me. I guess I got jimmy and logan... yay? But it still has potential to be good.

I don't like the pissing contest they are setting up for Kitty and Jean as team leaders though. It's pointless and the two of them get enough focus already. I rather see the others interact more.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I agree with most people, first actually good issue of GOLD. Kitty is still a bossy bitch for no reason but aside from that and the overt nostalgia wank with the base/softball , it was really nice

Hard to take Mojo very serious as a credible villain and really it could be an excuse for just MORE retreads of "XMen's greatest hits" but we'll see , so far opened very strong, surprisingly
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Amazing Member

i really enjoyed it and opens up some nice possible storylines between memebers in the different teams

i picked up the lenticular variant which mixes this cover and #100 which freaked me out as they way i was looking at it it was only the 100 i could make out saw, good echo to that issue about 2 xmen teams going against each other so might be a hint at whats to come.

does anyone think this will end with one of the books going?

A strong first issue, it was nice seeing the two teams together and Hound Rachel back.

Starting off with a baseball game, now that is history.

BANNED

I find Kitty to be REALLY obnoxious in this issue; even more so than previous ones. She took responsibility for Belen's death. That's fine, but then she went on and on, like fishing for sympathy from Jeen.

And she kept badgering Rachel to talk to her, even about her relationship with Kurt, when there's a clear and present threat. Is she asking about their relationship as a BFF (if they are), or as a boss? And what business is it of Kitty's anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    I find Kitty to be REALLY obnoxious in this issue; even more so than previous ones. She took responsibility for Belen's death. That's fine, but then she went on and on, like fishing for sympathy from Jeen.

And she kept badgering Rachel to talk to her, even about her relationship with Kurt, when there's a clear and present threat. Is she asking about their relationship as a BFF (if they are), or as a boss? And what business is it of Kitty's anyway?
    She's jealous of Kurt for taking her girl.