Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I sorta feel like we've gone back in time to 2003-2004 when Johns was doing the book, because he was sort of doing the same thing, he focused on Tim, Bart, Conner and Cassie, while Cyborg, Garfield, Raven and Starfire were playing window dressing. Johns however gave his window-dressings a bit more room to breathe.
    Not really, Gar and Raven both got their own story arcs early on and Cyborg was a pretty major part of the run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Not really, Gar and Raven both got their own story arcs early on and Cyborg was a pretty major part of the run.
    Hence why I said the window dressings under Johns had more room. Right now, I dont know if Percy will get far enough to actually give them this, since when Damian is not the focus, thus far it's been Aqualad and now nuWally.

They are also the only ones who get any meaningful development, the three others (correct me if I am wrong) haven't actually stated yet why they are still here or had any proper team-building between them, even though Starfire is a complete stranger to all of them.

I sorta feel like we've gone back in time to 2003-2004 when Johns was doing the book, because he was sort of doing the same thing, he focused on Tim, Bart, Conner and Cassie, while Cyborg, Garfield, Raven and Starfire were playing window dressing. Johns however gave his window-dressings a bit more room to breathe.
    Percy's preferences aside i think that having to deal with the fallout of the turn of events in Lazarus has impacted this title. Due to that story the seeds sowed in the TT 1st arc pretty much got dug up, Everyone is back to square one it's like that never happened.

I don't understand why DC just won't let the original 3 grow beyond this team. I know TTGO! is popular maybe be that's why they're still stuck here but for characters who have been a around a while now and who have a base it's just bad business to do more with them.

DC is very good at wasting potential and just pushing a select few.

Mighty Member

Hence why I said the window dressings under Johns had more room. Right now, I dont know if Percy will get far enough to actually give them this, since when Damian is not the focus, thus far it's been Aqualad and now nuWally.
    No, my point is that they weren't window dressing. They were important and heavily focused on members of the cast.