Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arveg2 View Post
    its a bit refreshing to see this Blaze not written as a whiny idiot (but then again we are still on the 1st issue)..on the other hand, its also unfortunate that Ketch gets sidelined again when its "his" Ghost Rider model the writers/artist are using... again..
    That was indeed an continuity problem I spotted. I chalk that up to either A) EIC demanding Johnny be used and/or B) Poor Editorial Leadership to say,"we need an explanation of why Danny isn't the GR here and an angel(likely) is showing up to Johnny.

4 main Ghost Riders and it's all too confusing to track???
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Alright marvel you got me back for at least five issues. Picked up a set of the variants for my ghost Rider collection.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully the mini-doesn't get canceled. And hopefully Blade gets to do cool things like win fights.
    I'm feeling confident. he looked amazing in those last few pages.

I didn't go into this expecting much, but I really enjoyed it!! Really enjoyed the feel of the issue!!
    Didn't realise it was a mini though...

Hopefully we'll get a Blaze or Ketch ongoing at some point, would love that!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm debating making that my answering voicemail
    It IS cool, mine currently is 'The Price Is Right' loser music.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I really enjoyed this book. It will be nice if it does well enough to have an ongoing spun out of it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The pacing has me a bit worried, I mean it's only a five issue book and we're one part into it and have yet to fully assemble the team...that doesn't leave a whole lot of room to really build the threat and conclude the story in an unrushed manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That was indeed an continuity problem I spotted. I chalk that up to either A) EIC demanding Johnny be used and/or B) Poor Editorial Leadership to say,"we need an explanation of why Danny isn't the GR here and an angel(likely) is showing up to Johnny.

4 main Ghost Riders and it's all too confusing to track???
    Last I read, Danny was shown as de-powered in some one-off Spider-man issue. I'd love to see him show up eventually. Wholly underappreciated Ghost Rider. Though Johnny's powers have been upgraded ever since Trail of Tears, I think. And it was never really explained how he adopted the Penance Stare. It was actually the movie that influenced those changes funny enough...
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Last I read, Danny was shown as de-powered in some one-off Spider-man issue. I'd love to see him show up eventually. Wholly underappreciated Ghost Rider. Though Johnny's powers have been upgraded ever since Trail of Tears, I think. And it was never really explained how he adopted the Penance Stare. It was actually the movie that influenced those changes funny enough...
    So he didn't get his own Stare immediately after becoming Ghost Rider again?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So he didn't get his own Stare immediately after becoming Ghost Rider again?
    He did, but after returning from hell following "Road to Damnation" (Not Trail of Tears like I said earlier. Got the two confused, my bad) First time Johnny used it was during Way's Ghost Rider series when he used it on Dr. Strange. Prior to that, it was strictly a Danny Ketch thing. A few things were, like the spiked leather jacket. Modern Blaze's look was largely derived from 90s Ketch, just like much of 90s Ketch was derived by classic Blaze. Funny how that worked out.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The pacing has me a bit worried, I mean it's only a five issue book and we're one part into it and have yet to fully assemble the team...that doesn't leave a whole lot of room to really build the threat and conclude the story in an unrushed manner.
    I feel as long as Blade and Satana are wholly on board and the team is together at conclusion of issue #2 we are ok. They can also lay more groundwork for the threat while not fully revealing the endgame till conclusion of issue #4. Then issue #5 is your showdown. That leaves issue #3&4 as issues the team gels before the finale.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

The first issue was alright, even surprisingly good.

I'm on board for this mini, but then again it was always a given since Hellstrom and Blade are some of my favorite Marvel characters.