Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I still resent it. But are you counting Convergence and Future's End?
    I'm going by the volumes listed on Comicvine and DC wiki. I could be off because I honestly have no clue how DC reaches these legacy numbers
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I believe Nightwing crossed issue #200 sometime in Rebirth, but they didn't do anything for it. I wonder if they will do anything for #250 which should be in a year or two.

Batgirl...hmmm...I don't know how I feel about counting Cass and Steph's runs as part of Babs's run (especially given my negative feelings towards Babs's run). You might make an argument that Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman have all had their places filled by other characters than Bruce, Clark, and Diana in their eponymous's titles, but I don't think it's quite the same as the Batgirl situation.
    Given they included both Batgirls in the "Celebration of 50 years" thing, I wouldn't be surprised if DC counted all the Batgirl books together.

I know Marvel has counted runs that included Legacy heroes, both short term and long term.

I am glad that DC is celebrating these Milestones. I would like if better if they renumbered these books like Action Comics And Detective Comics, but variant covers are fine.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Given they included both Batgirls in the "Celebration of 50 years" thing, I wouldn't be surprised if DC counted all the Batgirl books together.

I know Marvel has counted runs that included Legacy heroes, both short term and long term.
    That's true. And I appreciated that DC gave both Steph and Cass two issues each. Even though the hard core Babs fans were all like, "Man, they don't deserve it! It's only Babs's book!"

I just wish that if they were going to do a 200th issue, they would include all three. It would only be fair, I think. Since together they're nearly half of the total.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Even though the hard core Babs fans were all like, "Man, they don't deserve it! It's only Babs's book!"
    And they wonder why I'm so bitter. Seriously though, anyone who said that can piss off.

Since together they're nearly half of the total.
    Together, they'd be OVER half the total. Everything up until the final two pages may be crap, but Batgirl Vol 2 still counts as far as main volumes go.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    And they wonder why I'm so bitter. Seriously though, anyone who said that can piss off.

Together, they'd be OVER half the total. Everything up until the final two pages may be crap, but Batgirl Vol 2 still counts as far as main volumes go.
    Right there with you.

Also, I got the final page of volume 2 signed by Calafiore at Baltimore.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Also, I got the final page of volume 2 signed by Calafiore at Baltimore.
    Nice score! When Calafiore is doing his best, it's great stuff. Particularly a fan of his art on Secret Six and Exiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Nice score! When Calafiore is doing his best, it's great stuff. Particularly a fan of his art on Secret Six and Exiles.
    Yup, he was very nice, and his art is consistently fun, even if not my fave.

That's true. And I appreciated that DC gave both Steph and Cass two issues each. Even though the hard core Babs fans were all like, "Man, they don't deserve it! It's only Babs's book!"
    I'd just appreciate the opportunity to read more Bronze Age Batgirl stuff, honestly .

I'd just appreciate the opportunity to read more Bronze Age Batgirl stuff, honestly .
    I'm a terrible comics fan. I don't appreciate the stuff before Crisis 1 very much.

I'm a terrible comics fan. I don't appreciate the stuff before Crisis 1 very much.
    Well, sometimes they can be an acquired taste .

Well, sometimes they can be an acquired taste .
    Well, if I ever get the 50 year celebration (which I'm always tempted to, since it does celebrate Steph and Cass - same temptation for the Robin celebration volume, even though I bought War Games for Robin Steph), maybe I'll give them a try.