Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superman#34 Is The Title's 800th Issue

Superman #34 is earmarked as that title's "800th" adventure..

Attachment 55636

https://www.newsarama.com/36715-batm...-variants.html
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-04-2017 at 03:00 PM.

BANNED

DC will be commerating the milestone issues of Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Batman with special "Legacy" variants by Tony S. Daniel

Superman#34=Issue 800
    Wonder Woman #34 =Issue 700
    Batman #35=Issue 800

This news had make my day a lot better

Cool! Can't wait for Supes' 800th .

Fantastic Member

Glad they're at least doing this if we aren't going to get the numbering restored.
    Last edited by Truman Burbank; 10-04-2017 at 01:38 PM.

I had few time for create one topic when I saw this topic in newsarama... For this I put this in another topic..

No problem with other user starting the Topic.. But Thanks.. I was surprised for see my name here(one moderator)..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-04-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    DC will be commerating the milestone issues of Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Batman with special "Legacy" variants by Tony S. Daniel

Superman#34=Issue 800
    Batman #35=Issue 800

That's one sick cover!
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Now they just need to BRING BACK THE TRUNKS!!!!111111oneoneone
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Being honest, if artists are just going to keep drawing the costume so blatantly like they want to draw the trunks, they might as well just bring them back. I don't need them, but I've seen so many art work of the Reborn costume where it seems like artists purposely put room where Superman's trunks should be that it's just getting annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Superman#34=Issue 800
    Batman #35=Issue 800

3845128-3508962432-super.jpg

Underwear serves a purpose, folks! There's a reason it was invented!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

I absolutely agree with you! In films i can see an argument(even if that is very weak). In comics i don't see one. Get back the trunks man! He appears naked at times!

I don't care for no argument. In comic books he shall be the most interesting thing to see. His costume and bright colors shall make him pop up on the page. If people feel it is weird. I quote Jonathan Kent in American Alien: "...Who needs normal? Maybe weird is better."

Look at Joker. Right from day one he is so interesting to look. Chalk white skin, green hair, purple suit, deathly smile. He is someone who grabs your attention right away. Superman costume is 'THE' costume. There was so much thought put into it. It is perfect.

Why do people call Marvel superheroes 'tights and capes'? Who wears a cape? Thor? Dr. Strange? Is Thor so popular that people talk about him when they call Marvel superheroes 'tights and capes'? No they speak about this guy.

When people say superhero they think about this guy. He is the one who created a phenomenon 80 years ago. His symbol is one of the most recognizable symbols in the world. If you are ashamed of being the greatest hero in the world...well what can i say of you.

People will find him not cool if his stories are not cool. If you are talking of coolness why the cape? Who wears a cape? Give him a hoodie! He would be 'cooler' for new fans. It is because the cape is interesting to see. The present costume is good. But not the best costume by a wide margin. His classic costume is one of the best in comics. His costume started the genre. It is the coolest costume for me!!! Bring back the trunks man!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-04-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Only things I see is that it could use a little more shading. And the buckle should be bigger. Beyond that not seeing an issue.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Being honest, if artists are just going to keep drawing the costume so blatantly like they want to draw the trunks, they might as well just bring them back. I don't need them, but I've seen so many art work of the Reborn costume where it seems like artists purposely put room where Superman's trunks should be that it's just getting annoying.
    HA! I was going to say something about that, but kept my mouth shut. Yeah, totally looks like he drew the classic outfit and then the changes after. Those are absolutely trunk lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongul778 View Post
    LOL!! I love the trunks, but that's pretty hilarious. Definitely needs some shading in there.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

My biggest issue with the trunkless costume is that something needs to break up all that blue. If they are going to go trunkless, I prefer they do something like they did in the Smallville comic. Some darker blue on the sides. Or even the Eradicator's costume. Some black. I get that they may not be able to use it anymore due to the lawsuit, but at least make it a little better looking.
    Assassinate Putin!