Default question about the nova corps

So today I picked up all new guardians of the galaxy 11.....Spoilers below....

I picked up the issue because darkhawk and nova were on the cover. Going through the issue, to my surprise and delight, it featured robbie ride and richard rider. So I have a bunch of questions since I've bee MIA for a little bit when it comes to comics and the forums...when did the nova force come back? last I remember it was destroyed 10 years ago during annihilation. Whats up with the fraternity of raptors? I thought this was darkhawk. Does the previous issues of all new guardians have more nova or is this is for now?

Thanks for answering any of my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post

I picked up the issue because darkhawk and nova were on the cover. Going through the issue, to my surprise and delight, it featured robbie ride and richard rider. So I have a bunch of questions since I've bee MIA for a little bit when it comes to comics and the forums...when did the nova force come back? last I remember it was destroyed 10 years ago during annihilation. Whats up with the fraternity of raptors? I thought this was darkhawk. Does the previous issues of all new guardians have more nova or is this is for now?

Because Worldmind recreated them after Annihilation. But when Nova sacrificed himself in Thanos Imperative, they disappeared we didn't know why, I hope they will probably talk about what happened to them since Thanos Imperative in the next part. I hope because Robbie had dispeared since a long long time. Even in the last Nova series nobody ever spoke about him even his mother and Rich.

And for the Raptors, I don't know, I though that had a conection with Darkhawk too but it's appeared that no.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post

Here're some of your answers about the Nova Corps.......

1.) The Fraternity of Raptors were basically introduced during both WAR OF KINGS: DARKHAWK {where Chris learn the truths behind the DH Amulet's origins} and WAR OF KINGS Miniseries; where they're an ancient society trying to manipulate certain situations within the MU to their own advantage and set-up things by offering their services to the Shi'ar (after manipulating Chris/Darkhawk into killing the Shi'ar Majestrix Lilandra and placing the Imperial Guardman Gladiator as the Shi'ar current ruler).*

2.) If there're' more Novas out there........then the majority have only the spacesuit, but not the powers that {so far} only Richard Rider has; since he held onto the Nova Force the longest after ANNIHILATION.

*---Yes, there's more that went into the full story behind WAR OF KINGS.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Because Worldmind recreated them after Annihilation. But when Nova sacrificed himself in Thanos Imperative, they disappeared we didn't know why, I hope they will probably talk about what happened to them since Thanos Imperative in the next part. I hope because Robbie had dispeared since a long long time. Even in the last Nova series nobody ever spoke about him even his mother and Rich.
    The Nova Corps disappeared after Thanos Imperative because Rich had taken the entirety of the Nova Force with him into the Cancerverse to fight Thanos. Without the power there could be no corps.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    The Nova Corps disappeared after Thanos Imperative because Rich had taken the entirety of the Nova Force with him into the Cancerverse to fight Thanos. Without the power there could be no corps.
    Then why Robbie was still in space during all this time and why Richard still have his power. Isn't Worldmind who make him able to contain the whole Nova Force ?

"I thought my brother flew into the Cancerverse with the rest of the corps."

But noone flew there save for Richard Rider...? They did in some other issues?

Or I probably misremembering The Thanos Initiative.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkpatrick View Post
    "I thought my brother flew into the Cancerverse with the rest of the corps."

But noone flew there save for Richard Rider...? They did in some other issues?

Or I probably misremembering The Thanos Initiative.
    You're misremembering it. It was Rich and Quill who went in there along with Thanos. The rest of the Corps immediately lost power.

Duggan just messed up the continuity
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    No, that was Bendis. His continuity ignoring story in GOTG showing how Quill escaped from the Cancerverse should be stricken from the annals of comic book history.

Bendis is just the writer. It's the editors job to catch stuff like that. If the editor doesn't care why should the writer? I agree with you, but it feels like we are focusing on the wrong target.

I don't think Duggan messed up continuity, he just added some stuff that we were unaware of. I will admit that I don't really remember the last time we saw the Robbie and the rest of the Nova Corps. I know they lost their powers when Rich took all of the Nova force to fight in the Cancerverse, but do we really know what they did after that? From what we saw here is appears they attempted to go join Rich in the his fight in the Cancerverse and they were all lost somehow (most likely defeated by the denizens of the cancerverse since they had no powers), but Robbie didn't go on through. This doesn't feel like a messing up of continuity, but a cleaning up of it.

I have to ask though, was the time displaced Namorita still with the rest of the Nova Corps last time we saw her?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    He's pretty good with canon overall, but this isn't his first misstep. The current arc has the Elders of the Universe discovering reality was recreated, but they knew that during Contest of Champions.

Great plotting and character work yes, but some odd canon mistakes IMO.

He says the Corps jumped into the Cancerverse but that's not what happened. Rich drained them of their Nova Force and the Cancerverse closed behind him. The remaining Corps should have all been accounted for along with Robbie and returned to Knowhere with the others.

But continuity has been messed up since Bendis wrote the Starlord flashbacks. In Thanos Imperative, Mistress Death destroyed the Cancerverse itself.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    You're misremembering it. It was Rich and Quill who went in there along with Thanos. The rest of the Corps immediately lost power.
    I meant from Corps, know about Quill and others.