aladdinsane

Default DC Comics Discussion

We can just talk about DC comics in here, doesn't matter which ones. I'll start us off. What are your favorite comics? Mine are Arkham Asylum, Watchmen, and Dark Knight Returns

New stuff I am reading: The Flash and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

Older stuff I am currently reading: I have been on a big Ray Palmer The Atom kick lately. I just finished Sword of The Atom and it was phenomenal, also reading Teen Titans by Dan Jurgens which features Ray (thanks Assam for the recommendation!), and will start Power of The Atom soon.

I love All Star Superman, DC One Million. I also love Batman: Year One, Dark Knight Returns, The Long Halloween. If i have to call some book my favorite these five will qualify.

I love Watchmen, Akham Asylum too. I have some nitpicks otherwise i love them. Nitpicks are based on personal preferences not on the books themselves which are great stories.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-04-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    New stuff I am reading: The Flash and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.
    I've been wanting to check out the Hal Jordan book but I hear it's not the best place to start for newcomers and the only GL I've read would be the Geoff Johns omnibus volumes. I wonder if reading the GL new 52 run would be enough to get me up to speed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    I've been wanting to check out the Hal Jordan book but I hear it's not the best place to start for newcomers and the only GL I've read would be the Geoff Johns omnibus volumes. I wonder if reading the GL new 52 run would be enough to get me up to speed.
    I'd check out some of the events that came out of it and not so much the actual runs. The only runs I can really recommend are Green Lantern Corps and Green Lantern New Guardians (then the Omega Men if you're interested in Kyle Rayner after that) . If you understand the GL mythos Hal Jordan & the Green Lanterns should be fine for you

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    I read all of Johns stuff prior to the new 52. I didn’t read any of the new 52 and I wasn’t confused or felt like I missed anything. I think you would be ok, it was really easy to jump into.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I read all of Johns stuff prior to the new 52. I didn’t read any of the new 52 and I wasn’t confused or felt like I missed anything. I think you would be ok, it was really easy to jump into.
    Or, alternatively, check out the equally new reader friendly Green Lanterns. I didn't know a thing about Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz jumping into this (And I also didn't read any Nu52 GL titles), and yet this became one of my favorite Rebirth books, I came to absolutely love Simon and (especially) Jessica, and Humphries' just completed 32 issue run? My favorite GL run of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by aladdinsane View Post
    We can just talk about DC comics in here, doesn't matter which ones. I'll start us off. What are your favorite comics? Mine are Arkham Asylum, Watchmen, and Dark Knight Returns
    Mine are (no order):
    Lobo: Portrait of a Bastich
    Batman: Dark Knight, Dark City
    100 Bullets
    Saga of Swamp Thing
    Transmetropolitan
    Hellblazer
    All-Star Superman
    Grant Morrison's Animal Man

Fantastic Member

I appreciate the responses regarding Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps!

I'm relatively new to DC but some of my favorite comics are Flashpoint, Geoff Johns' Aquaman, Moore's Swamp Thing, and Lemire's Animal Man.

I'm currently only reading Aquaman Rebirth, but plan on checking out more Rebirth titles soon!