Thread: New X-Force

Incredible Member

Default New X-Force

After his solo is over, Cable realizes the Blue and Gold teams aren't doing enough so he decides to reform X-Force!

As he did with the New Mutants, he decides to take a group of young, impressionable Xavier school kids and re-mould them into a strike force. The New X-Men, being disillusioned from years being hunted, killed, sidelined, students, graduation, wallpaper, then back to students again, never to grow up, are the perfect match.

Who do you think Nathen would choose and why? Who do you think would accept the offer and why? Who wouldn't and why?

Incredible Member

I think the following would be on his list of possibilities as they all have powers that are useful in combat or stealth (I know some aren't technically New X-Men):

Anole: Says yes and quits Worthington
    Armor: Yes 'cause she's bored
    Blindfold: Says yes due to vision of Legion coming soon
    Bling!: YES! FINALLY!
    Cuckoos: Yes, if the first mission is to find Emma
    Elixir: Yes, bc tired of being bullied by Exodus
    Hellion: YES. OBVI
    Mercury: Says no, but ends up in there
    Mimic: Happy with Gen X
    Pixie: Yes!!!!
    Rockslide: Yes, to hang with Anole
    Surge: Yes, of course

That's too many for a team tho... I don't know who he would pick LOL

Cipher: Can't find her
    Dust: No, doesn't like fighting
    Hope: Tells Cable to F Off
    No-Girl: No, wants to stay with Ersnt
    Oya: No, Wants to go back to basics
    Tempus: Can't find her, she's in the future
    Trance: No, happy at the school
    Transonic: No thanks
    Triage: NO FIGHTING!!
    X-23: No, too busy

Of those above, I'm saying maybe Armor and X-23. And why would his solo have to be over for him to form a team? OML is in like five books a month. Cable can make two work. He's done it before.

I want Cable nowhere near the New X-Men.
    He already corrupted one generation of X-kids to join his kill squad. I most certainly don't want that to happen with characters I actually like.
    #EmmaWasRight

Imagining Hellion, Prodigy, Dust, Surge, Rockslide, Mercury and the like with gigantic guns and pockets is hilarious.

But as for the team:
    Oya: No, wants to become an X-Man 'the right way'
    Surge: Yes, she literally has no qualms about killing and being pro-active BUT she wouldn't mesh well with Cable's leadership style and probably attempt to take over the team multiple times
    Hellion: Yes, anything to get away from the school that abandoned him on multiple occasions + his friends are joining and he wants to hang around them
    Prodigy: No, there's nothing left at Xavier's that he really needs and he's good at college
    Dust: Nope nope nope. She'd rather stay at Xavier's than be inevitably forced to kill
    Mercury: No thanks. But Julian and Santo drag her in anyway
    Elixir: Probably not.
    Anole: Sure. He falls for Cable's trap of "Kitty and her team aren't treating you like future X-Men, but I will."
    Rockslide & Pixie: Join because Anole joins
    Armor: Sure, got nothing better to do
    Gentle: NO, he'd rather meditate and learn things he actually needs then waste his power and get himself killed
    Bling!: She'd say yes so fast it's kind of scary
    Glob, No-Girl, Ernst: They may say yes but no one cares.
    Wolverine: No, she doesn't want to leave Gabby and Johnathan all alone

Cable's finalized team:
    -Surge
    -Hellion
    -Mercury
    -Anole
    -Primal (somehow joins)
    -Rockslide
    -Pixie
    -Armor
    -Bling!

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I want Cable nowhere near the New X-Men.
    He already corrupted one generation of X-kids to join his kill squad. I most certainly don't want that to happen with characters I actually like.
    Yeah, he needs to stay far, far away. He's already infecting Hisako and Laura.

BANNED

Nah, I don't want a young squad. I want XFORCE to be adults. If it was younger then the New XMEN would be perfect but I feel XFORCE scars you in a certain way. The cast should be jaded adults already. Totally cool with Cable being the lead though. Maybe Emma as co-lead?

BANNED

I floated this once before, but I'd thought of a spin on X-Force that's less kill team and more a counter-intelligence/espionage squad. They'd go in and investigate threats under the radar that others can't touch. IE, a crooked politician who is too well-connected for public organizations such as the X-Men or Avengers to approach openly.

First Arc:

Nick Fury discovers The Kingmaker (Hellions miniseries) has resurfaced, connected to a plot that ties into numerous political figures, businessmen, and other wealthy and powerful individuals. With the hands of more conventional organizations tied by the connections of the conspirators, Fury secretly turns to Wolverine (Laura Kinney) to determine what his plans are, and put a stop to them if necessary. Recognizing she needs help with a job of this magnitude, she turns to Gambit, who agrees to lend his skills as a thief. She also tracks down Shogun, still driven by a desire to atone for his past, and recruits him for his extensive black ops experience. She rounds out the initial squad by approaching Psylocke for her own experience, and her telepathy. Their first op ends with the successful recovery of a heavily-encrypted storage device the likes none of them are familiar with. Seeking to avoid involving regular X-Men such as Forge or Beast to maintain their separation, they instead recruit Dr. Nemesis to assist them with deciphering the technology (and let's face it, there's no such thing as enough Nemesis). The device is revealed to be a partial database of Kingmaker's contacts. None of it details what each member is responsible for, but only lists their names. Laura is alarmed when she recognizes two of them: William and Elizabeth Keller.

Despite Gambit's advice against it, Laura decides she has no choice but to call upon Hellion (who ultimately agrees to join despite the tension with Laura in large part because he's disillusioned with being treated like a kid, and wants to do SOMETHING of purpose) in hopes his familial connection and past experience with the Kingmaker may be of help in unraveling the plot, and feeling he deserves to know the truth about his family's involvement.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Rockslide & Pixie: Join because Anole joins
    Bling!: She'd say yes so fast it's kind of scary
    Glob, No-Girl, Ernst: They may say yes but no one cares.
    ^^^ HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Imagining Hellion, Prodigy, Dust, Surge, Rockslide, Mercury and the like with gigantic guns and pockets is hilarious.
    I didn't image this with all the trappings of the 90s, just like the idea of Cable grabbing Xavier's kids and making something out of them. Plus, the NXM NEED something!
    Last edited by kevinism; 10-04-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I floated this once before, but I'd thought of a spin on X-Force that's less kill team and more a counter-intelligence/espionage squad. They'd go in and investigate threats under the radar that others can't touch. IE, a crooked politician who is too well-connected for public organizations such as the X-Men or Avengers to approach openly.
    YES, this!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Nick Fury discovers The Kingmaker (Hellions miniseries) has resurfaced, connected to a plot that ties into numerous political figures, businessmen, and other wealthy and powerful individuals. With the hands of more conventional organizations tied by the connections of the conspirators, Fury secretly turns to Wolverine (Laura Kinney) to determine what his plans are, and put a stop to them if necessary. Recognizing she needs help with a job of this magnitude, she turns to Gambit, who agrees to lend his skills as a thief. She also tracks down Shogun, still driven by a desire to atone for his past, and recruits him for his extensive black ops experience. She rounds out the initial squad by approaching Psylocke for her own experience, and her telepathy. Their first op ends with the successful recovery of a heavily-encrypted storage device the likes none of them are familiar with. Seeking to avoid involving regular X-Men such as Forge or Beast to maintain their separation, they instead recruit Dr. Nemesis to assist them with deciphering the technology (and let's face it, there's no such thing as enough Nemesis). The device is revealed to be a partial database of Kingmaker's contacts. None of it details what each member is responsible for, but only lists their names. Laura is alarmed when she recognizes two of them: William and Elizabeth Keller.

Despite Gambit's advice against it, Laura decides she has no choice but to call upon Hellion (who ultimately agrees to join despite the tension with Laura in large part because he's disillusioned with being treated like a kid, and wants to do SOMETHING of purpose) in hopes his familial connection and past experience with the Kingmaker may be of help in unraveling the plot, and feeling he deserves to know the truth about his family's involvement.
    I love this, but let's replace adults with some NXM! LOVE Dr. Nemesis, so he can come.