Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Gold is atrocious. It isn't a team book it's Kitty and the Xmen.

Blue started off well, but it's gotten too eXiles with poor execution and the villains are so dull compared to how rich they could be as characters.

Iceman is a good read, but it fluctuates between intense drama to too light hearted.

Astonishing...same as blue.. it began pretty good, but now it's really slow and honestly last issue was boring. It didn't need to be 12 issues long...a lot of the panels could go from 4 pages to one page. It's a very short read to have to wait 4-5 weeks.

GenX...it's what the Xmen should be...a school of mutants. The focus isn't there though. Too much QQ and then every now and then you get a small sample of the other students and who they are...the solic's don't match the book. The Monet story should've been what started the book not the purifiers. It feels like people who were told the previous GenX cast would be in the book are being trolled.

I think a big problem is that we're given a lot of information about up-coming arcs....covers, interior art from major plot points and really being told what's going to happen before it's printed and before one story line has begin we're getting the gist of one 6 months away. It kills the desire for it especially when the execution across the board has been bland or bad.

Resurrection was 10 books, but it feels like the Xmen has been trimmed down to the bare minimum.
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 10-05-2017 at 01:14 PM.

BANNED

Not really impressed with it at all. They kept alot of what I saw as a problem around. But it's somewhat better than the stupid ass death cloud plot.

Gold- Not reading it anymore, I gave up after 3 issues. Its terrible.

Blue- I couldn't stand seeing Tyke being jobbed to death so I gave up at issue 2.

Weapon X- This was a letdown maybe with Legacy will get better. (Maybe)

Generation X- It's not my cup of tea, so I can't judge it.

Astonishing X-Men- Its okay, but its better than the other team books. Can't judge Gen X since I don't read that one, but Astonishing still has me hooked in. I wish it wasn't once a month, because sometimes I forget about it.

Iceman- Haven't read a single issue of it, so I can't judge it.

All New Wolverine- Same thing. I haven't read a single issue of the series. Can't judge it.

Cable- Extremely disappointment with this one. I hope with Legacy will get better.

Old Man Logan- The title that rekindle my love for Wolverine again. I've been enjoying it since issue one, there were some meh issues but it was still good overall. Also, this title made me like Jeen mainly because she sounds like Jean. Confident, temper, caring, and powerful with a pitch of sassy/sarcastic in it. (Well that's how Lemire usually writes his females characters the sassy/sarcastic type.) So, this title got the "Two birds with one stone" with me. Too bad she's not written like that anymore.

Jean Grey- This title made me hate Jeen again, lol (Also, that issue of X-Men (Delete issue) was the nail of the coffin). I missed the Jeen that was written in the OML book. It's a good thing the adult is coming back. Jeen sounds like she's written back when Bendis was writing her, I was not a fan of that Jeen. This is an unpopular opinion, but the Thanos book has the better story with the Phoenix Force.

Overall. It's kinda meh. So, its basically 2013-2015(early 2015). There were good books, but there were bad books as well.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 10-05-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

RessurXion had a lot potential, and it hasn't been as terrible as the worst periods of X-books, but it is generally disappointing, especially the flagships. Gen-X and Iceman are the standouts for me, and they've been great. Gold is uninspired. I haven't enjoyed a single choice that Bunn has made with Blue. Jean Grey is fine, I don't mind the guest stars (Scarlet Witch is the only one that felt purposeless to me), and the book is probably about to improve in Legacy by building up to the return of Jean. I had, and continue to have, no interest in Weapon X. I wasn't interested in Cable initially, but the Legacy soft reboot looks intriguing, also I think Cable works best as a mentor or leader. Astonishing is fine, but feels really decompressed and has been steadily getting worse, and I hate that it has a different artist every issue.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 10-05-2017 at 02:19 PM.

It seems that All New Wolverine is the only comic that nobody has bigger problems or complaints and has been a solid title.

Still do not know why they chose Bunn to be the writer of Blue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It seems that All New Wolverine is the only comic that nobody has bigger problems or complaints and has been a solid title.

I don't know why they didn't just keep Uncanny and let him keep writing that. Literally ANYONE could write Blue with the O5

Because most don`t like O5 but like Bunn.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DreadnoughtHelldiver View Post
    Not really impressed with it at all. They kept alot of what I saw as a problem around. But it's somewhat better than the stupid ass death cloud plot.
    seconded. I was unimpressed when the announcements were first made & I remain unimpressed. Gold had the better lineup, but is surprisingly the worst of the bunch. I'm really over this AU crap, the teen O5 & OML. Still missing a plethora of interesting characters so we can have multiple versions of the "core" characters running around -- and we'll soon have 2 more "originals" rejoining the books to further bloat them with repeatable characters. To me with every relaunch they continue to make the same mistakes over & over again. Wolverine is dead, but oh, look! Old Man Logan is now on multiple teams & has a solo! This is a team book with far more interesting characters than the leader, but let's shove Kitty down every reader's throat! We've already covered this relationship/plot 5 times before? Who cares? NOSTALGIA! Meh.

Maybe there isn't enough interest or care to complain. My biggest complaint with the title is the one everyone who reads the book seems to love and begins with a "G".

Generally unimpressed.. most books are boring and repetitive.. the art is so so... the only one i am finding entertaining is Iceman... and of course I miss Emma
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

and X Office in incredibly unprofessional. I would sack them.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

The whole Saiyaf "controversy" seems dumb now

I am not disappointed but also not content either.
    I can't judge Cable, Weapon X, A N Wolverine or Gen X but I read the others:

- Gold: Kitty and the X-Men. I was never a fan of Shadowcat so seeing her so pushed isn't my thing. The stories are also just light readings, nothing striking in my opinion.

Blue: Started out so well. Has a lot of potential and I like it a lot. It's very chaotic but I have trust in Bunn. Jean as leader is interesting, too. Why ever she got into this position though. Jimmy is just unnecessary in my opinion.

Astonishing: The first issue seemed too rushed to me but the story is the most interesting. At this point I can't really tell where it's heading but so far it is cool.

Iceman: I love Iceman, he's one of my faves. I like the angle they show of him. He is still funny but has grown so much in these few issues. I am really hooked, especially after the last issue... Champions, a love interest and being accepted by his closest friends. There's so much potential and I love it!

Jean Grey: I am glad that this series was made and this whole Phoenix arc was kept out of Blue. It takes an interesting path but another Phoenix story? Meh.

Additionally, I have to say one thing about all titles: the art, especially the covers, look amazing!

I love All New Wolverine. Jean Grey is OK.
    A lot of books, Jean Grey included need to take note of the story structures within ANW. Because Laura has successfully created her own supporting cast. She also has many team-up adventures with other heroes (much like Jean Grey) but they are done organically in service to the story rather than just a team-up of the week. She's also had a lot of character growth so honestly I'm a little worried if they ever put her on one of the teams again because the writer will likely have never read ANW and will just revert Laura back to whatever version they recall.

I didn't read any of the others beyond issue #1 but the meta-story focus is no longer Cyclops-centric through the team books so I consider it a win.

While I'm relieved that the X-Men setting isn't all doom and gloom, I'm bored. My interest in the team books is basically non-existent. Too much focus on nostalgia and trying to recreate better written stories of the past. The solo books are far stronger than the team books if you ask me.