Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Superman- Didn't like what they did new 52 supes and it bores me now

Wonder Woman- No idea what they want with her i don't know what is lie or truth dropped before i got more pissed (may pick it up back now i heard Grail and DS are back)

Justice League- Boring

Batman- Just not feeling the metal knight thing

Justice league of america- Boring

Nightwing- I miss Grayson

Supersons- Tried it fun at first but the novelty wore off just not feelign Jon, but hey took me awhile to like damian (alas he was a more interesting character)

Trinity- I just don't get it

Batman Beyond- Love Terry but i just really can't commit to it

BANNED

Green Arrow.
    I tried but the story couldn't grab me and every character aside from GA himself annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Green Arrow.
    I tried but the story couldn't grab me and every character aside from GA himself annoyed me.
    I have to agree with you on Green Arrow. I tried but I couldn't go on.

I usually give a book a really good try. I'm not usually a fan of dropping titles so easily without investing in a few storylines. A lot of people on here drop titles like cray and then pick it back up, and then drop it again, pick it back up, and again and again....

I absolutely love what DC has done with Rebirth and I'm investing most of comic book money on DC. With that, I have dropped a couple of titles after giving it a fair chance.

*Suicide Squad- it started becoming somewhat of a chore to read. After they killed Hack, I lost interest. It was a great opportunity to flesh out a brand new character (which I believe DC lacks in introducing and developing new characters). After a few more issues, I dropped it.....again, I gave it a good shot.

*Aquaman- loved the first couple of story arcs, then it started getting boring. And with the new artist, I finally gave in.

I don't know much about the writer on Justice League. But his storylines have been a bit boring for me. I'm kind of liking the children of the justice league storyline.

I'm really enjoying the mini's that DC has been putting out. Odyssey of the Amazons, Bane Conquest, Raven, Kamandi Challenge, Jack Kirby one shots.
    Last edited by Wolfsbane; 10-07-2017 at 09:29 PM.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Incredible Member

I finally dropped Batman because I can't stand Tom King on the title.
    Aquaman with the new artist
    Suicide Squad because there are only so many times I care to see Waller betray the squad.
    Green Lanterns because Jessica Cruz is such an annoying character. How does someone who is afraid of everything become a Green Lantern? Every damn issue is her being scared to death and then some how miraculously winning. It's stupid.

I'm still getting he majority of the books I started with but I'm collecting them in trades instead. Except for Red Hood. I still buy that when it comes out because I love that title.

I was going to drop Wonder Woman. Now that Robinson has taken charge of the book, I am willing to give it one more chance. Dropped Blue Beetle, the only reason why I read that was because of Doctor Fate's appearance. Dropped Suicide Squad as well.

I tried out multiple Rebirth titles to see if there were any interesting surprises. Most, I would have dropped anyway.

Detective Comics - I gave it three arcs, and after a shaky but promising start, it fell into a familiar cycle of contrived plots and flanderized characters.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps - After a couple of arcs, it felt like it was just rehashing old GL story arcs, only compressed more heavily into a biweekly book. I was going to do the same with Green Lanterns, but it actually picked up by the second arc.

Green Arrow - I gave it an arc, and despite being an improvement on Percy's previous run, it still overindulges on the characters' more obnoxious qualities.

Red Hood and the Outlaws - Same as above. It's well ahead of Lobdell's prior attempts and Bizarro adds an interesting dynamic, but the flimsy plot and overbearing dialogue lost me.

Action Comics - The scripting in the first arc was dull and so paint-by-numbers, and I'm not particularly interested a continuity fix book.

Justice League of America - I enjoyed the one-shots a lot, but the ongoing itself has a roster problem with too many underdeveloped characters, and weak plots.

The Flash - It's a solid book, but it does retread a lot of familiar ground, not just in Flash stories, but cape stories in general.

Wonder Woman - I dropped it after Rucka finished his excellent run.

Batwoman, Batgirl, Supergirl - All books that weren't bad, that I just lost interest in keeping up on a monthly basis.

Justice League, Suicide Squad - Disliked these after a couple of issues.

I'm still following Batman, Nightwing (at least until Seeley departs), Deathstroke, New Super-Man, Superman, Super Sons, and Aquaman. And Metal has been a delight. Though I'm actually looking more forward to some of the minis (Mister Miracle, White Knight) and upcoming books (Lemire's Terrifics, Orlando's Unexpected).

I've been lukewarm on Titans and Teen Titans recently, but the upcoming artist changes have me interested in seeing what's next. Green Lanterns has been off and on, but I like it overall, even if the execution is clunky at times. Batgirl and the Birds of Prey is a bit of a guilty pleasure.
    Last edited by joybeans; 10-08-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Spectacular Member

The only one I've dropped is Justice League. I didn't find it so much boring, rather it was downright awful. The way the characters are written, the weak wrap-ups to storylines, lots of things going on that don't make a lot of sense. I get the feeling that Hitch was trying to make it as 'epic' as the Johns run, but he simply isn't cut out as a writer, let alone one to follow up and try to imitate Johns.

One of the biggest things that bugged me is he chose really odd words to emphasize, even when the writing wasn't so terrible the dialogue simply didn't flow naturally. Once I noticed it, it became one of those things that I would notice constantly. He also committed my number one pet peeve in writing - using characters' names way too much in the dialogue. For example, there was a sequence early on of Simon and Jessica, and honestly almost every line had them using each other's names. "Simon, I need help. Can you do this, Simon?" "Ok, Jess" "Thanks, Simon" "No problem, Jessica". Alright, I wrote that myself, but that's what it was like in places...
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 10-08-2017 at 08:54 AM.

I dropped everything.
    I now just buy trades in different formats and from
    different companies with a focus on the whole stretch
    between 1937 thru today.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Cool thread.

Here are the books I have dropped,with when and why.

Superwoman - I was really interested in this initially. Seemed different and new. But by the second or third issue I saw that it was just going to be Lana constantly whining while the story went nowhere. Dropped by issue 4 and so glad I did. Every time I check into it its still a convoluted mess, even with issue 15.

Supergirl - Although I prefer Linda Danvers. Kara is fine. As a huge Superman fan any Superfamily title always gets a chance by me. HATED the art but I decided to pull through the first arc, which I did. Wasn't enough to keep me around. Dropped by issue 7.

Batman - Dropped with issue 25. The Joker/Riddler war is awful. In general this series is very hit and miss for me.

Detective Comics - I loved the first arc but after that I thought this was trash. Dropped after the first story line. Especially since I was only picking this up for Tim Drake and they took him out after the story. Although I'm picking up the current arc since it brings back Tim. Probably drop it again after its done.

Aquaman - I actually loved this series. Abnett did a great job with his Atlantis-Game of thrones style. But dropped after issue 25 when it changed dramatically and just turned generic and boring.

Justice League - Did'nt expect to pick it up that long and I was right. Dropped after issue 5. Just wanted to finish up the first arc.

Deathstroke - Another series that I loved until they completely retooled it. Dropped at issue 20 when they brought in a bunch of characters that I either hate or don't care about. Was an amazing, unique series. Now just boring and slow.

Trinity - By issue 2 I did'nt care for this. Dropped at issue 7 after the first arc was done. But actually picking up the current story. At first because it had Zatanna in it, who I love. But now just because its a good story. We'll see what happens.

Still getting:
    Action Comics
    Superman
    New Super-Man
    Nighwing
    Red Hood
    Wonder Woman
    Hal Jordan and GLC
    Titans
    Super Sons
    and loving most of them.
    That's about 9 series from DC though, so still picking up a solid amount.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 10-09-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Only one I have "dropped" (skipped issues) is Justice League. The rest I like to one degree or another, but there's some serious disconnect between the author of Justice League Rebirth, and basically everyone else. For instance, in the Flash Comics, Barry has been dating Iris. Yet at the same time in Justice League, the author decided Barry should go on a date with Jessica Cruz. And kept pushing the romance for a few issues past.

Another problem, has been that barring the one shots and the initial Rebirth Arc, almost all of the arcs in Justice League has dealt with Time Travel shenanigans. The latest is a step up from previous ones, but you'd think they would change it up. The Justice League and Suicide Squad crossover was good, but that was more because we got the real Lobo back.

Amazing Member

Books I dropped and may never go back to/ only read a couple of issues of:
    - Batwoman
    - Batman (I actually hate this book right now)
    - JLA (my biggest disappointment since the one shots were really good )
    - Green arrow (I hate this also)
    - Action comics
    - Titans
    - Green Lanterns (why did i ever pick that up lmao)

Books that could not sustain my interest
    - Nightwing
    - Superman (i'll check out the trades later on)
    - Supersons ( I just couldn't be bothered to keep up with it)

So right now, the only comics that interest me is Deathstroke, which made me interested in characters I don't care about and Aquaman which I almost dropped, because I felt the whole Atlantis embassy stuff was dragged out too much, that was until #25 changed my mind. I just needed something new, oh and Aquaman finally has the art it deserves and needs, the 'traditional' comic book style just doesn't suit the title at all. I might as well add that the lack luster cross over with Deathstoke/Titans/Teen titans did test my faith in Deathstroke, thank god it recovered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lameco View Post
    - Green Lanterns (why did i ever pick that up lmao)
    Because it has brilliant leads and is one of the best books of DC Rebirth?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I dropped all Green Lantern books. I did this when Johns left as it seemed the right time to pull the plug.
    I've checked in reading the odd trade since and I don't regret my decision.
    I dropped Justice League as it bored me to tears. Hitch doesn't do it for me as a writer or an artist.
    I also dropped Teen Titans as it too didn't do enough to keep me anxious for the next issue.
    Titans is getting closer & closer with the ONLY thing saving it from the chop is it's my only place for a Wally fix.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wonder Woman: The "Rebirth" run wasn't exactly what it could have been. Heck, it was a mess. The character absolutely deserves better. Let alone that it doesn't exactly look like anyone really cares about building on what DC sold as a "Foundation".

Mighty Member

Wonder Woman: I might pick it back up but as of now I won't be reading anymore. The Zeus heir storyline is reminding me what I don't like about this new version of her and I'm not really invested in anything else about her either.