Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

What’s up with people not wanting to support Van Sciver? Did he do something?

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    What’s up with people not wanting to support Van Sciver? Did he do something?
    If you look on the internet, you'll find his political/social views may . . . bother . . . some people.

Fantastic Member

I mean DC Rebirth has been a success but I feel like the most of the books are suffering a lot:

Titans has been a huge disappointment. I couldn't care less about James Robinson's dated writing in WW. I don't like Detective Comics cause of its overcrowded cast. Recently I dropped Batman too because I don't want to pay 3 dollars for heavily deconstructed story. Flash has been really bad recently.

They have to do something about all of their line-up because the fire is fading away.

Incredible Member

Ahhhh. I’ll have to look that up. Also, why is it that DC hasn’t known what to do with Titans or Teen Titans in years? It seems like they just don’t know where these characters and teams fit in to the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Ahhhh. I’ll have to look that up. Also, why is it that DC hasn’t known what to do with Titans or Teen Titans in years? It seems like they just don’t know where these characters and teams fit in to the DCU.
    By the way, to some people, Teen Titans and Titans suffered from the de-aging of most of DC heroes when they switched to the New 52.
    When you remove many years of history / experience / stories from the main adult characters, what do you do with two different generations of younger heroes? DC chose to (sort of) keep some of the latest generation of Teen Titans, and several members of the original group (which became the highly popular New Teen Titans under Marv Wolfman and George Pérez) originally got downgraded/forgotten/eliminated from existence.

Dropped all. Trade waiting. Been in a Marvel Epic Collection phase since summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Dropped:
    Batwoman - Nothing bad just didn't really care enough to continue it.
    Blue Beetle - Same as Batwoman.
    Cyborg - Writing was mediocre to bad.
    Supergirl - Writing never hooked me and the art was ok. Current artist is one of my favorites but I doubt I'll pick it up again.

I dropped Wonder Woman after the first issue but started it up again with the writing change.
    So back to most likely dropping Wonder Woman after this arc. Story is just dull as dirt, why does DC need so many heel turn lovers/family members in rebirth. Jason makes the third I've had the displeasure of reading about.

I'm borderline on dropping Flash with the same thing happening with Meena. The last few issues have been better but I just really hate that her only purpose seems to have been to give Williamson an out for the negative speed force power.

Also forgot to mention I had dropped JLA after the first 7-8 issues.

So back to most likely dropping Wonder Woman after this arc. Story is just dull as dirt, why does DC need so many heel turn lovers/family members in rebirth. Jason makes the third I've had the displeasure of reading about.
    But Jason was a Geoff Johns-created concept.
    So I don't know if it was Robinson's decision to tell his story, or if others "suggested" it to any degree or not.

So back to most likely dropping Wonder Woman after this arc.
    After issue #35, I've made a reservation on that same boat.

Went ahead and dropped Superman for a while. Its been on a downward trend since the summer really. Imperius Lex looked good but has turned out not to be anything special. And add to that continuous filler, I think the Tomasi/Gleason era should be done. They seem to be most interested in Jon anyway, so they might as well move to Super Sons or something.

Action just ended a very disappointing arc too in the Oz Effect, but this new storyline with Booster could be fun so I'm sticking with that. But honestly the whole franchise has me very worried headed into the new year. I'm afraid of what the ongoing Doomsday Clock might do in regards to hamstringing already pretty mediocre storylines.

Only thing bothering me about Wonder Woman is that two of the past three issues didn't even have her in it outside of a cameo shot. Can't do that. Has me concerned, but not done.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-23-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    . . . Only thing bothering me about Wonder Woman is that two of the past three issues didn't even have her in it outside of a cameo shot. Can't do that. Has me concerned, but not done.
    The thing that truly bothers me about Robinson's Wonder Woman (aside from not very good writing / pace from Robinson) is the concerted effort to continue Geoff Johns' terrible plot lines apparently from Johns' bloated New52 Justice League run.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The thing that truly bothers me about Robinson's Wonder Woman (aside from not very good writing / pace from Robinson) is the concerted effort to continue Geoff Johns' terrible plot lines apparently from Johns' bloated New52 Justice League run.
    Hopefully after a new writer comes we will drop this Secret Brother Episode VI: the Rebrothering arc with Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If you look on the internet, you'll find his political/social views may . . . bother . . . some people.
    IIRC he also told someone online to "kill yourself" which no one appreciated very much as (again IIRC) the poster didn't seem stable.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Hopefully after a new writer comes we will drop this Secret Brother Episode VI: the Rebrothering arc with Wonder Woman?
    That may also depend on how much of Geoff Johns' "universe building" craptastic fantasies are still in play by then.

The only Rebirth title I've really dropped is Nightwing. It wasn't bad or anything. I just...slowly started to lose interest with each arc.

I was this close to dropping Batman after the first three arcs practically bored me to tears ("I Am Bane" is one of the worst story arcs I've ever read) but that book won be back with the Riddler/Joker war and then continued to win me over with all the Bat/Cat stuff.