Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Titans. I got tired of seeing Wally get dragged but I'm also tired of it also centering around him all the time. I'd rather be get a solo and the of her characters can shine...but that's a separate issue.
    Yeah, i agree, i’m more interested in garth, karen and gnarrk then what’s going on with wally.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Titans: Because of Booth's terrible art and Abnett's extremely bland story. I thought I would give this one a try because the lineup wasn't the NTT one for once and I was excited to see those characters again. I wasn't a fan of Titans Hunt which was sort of the lead up to this book but I thought I'd give Abnett another try in spite of that. I ended up dropping it at issue #4 though I did read through issue #6 because I was under the impression that this arc would tie into the overall Rebirth mystery. It really didn't.

Detective Comics: I really wanted to like this book and despite not liking Tynion's past work I was willing to give it a shot. The premise was right up my alley and I love the characters he is using. Unfortunately, the book didn't live up to the hype I had for it and I dropped it around issue #4. I've posted countless times about my problems with this book so I won't bore anyone with that again. Suffice it to say that although Tynion has made vast improvements in characterizations, character interactions and his overall style, he's plotting is still a major weakness in his work and that makes the stories he is telling fall flat to me.

Nightwing: I kept hanging on to this one because I kept hoping it would resonate with me but I dropped it last month. I really liked the first arc but beyond that the book has been a bit uneven to me. I like it when writers expand a character's horizons and I just don't feel that's what is happening here. To me it just reads like the normal Nightwing if better written then is the norm for the book.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 10-05-2017 at 08:08 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Green Lanterns: Cause i can't relate wit the new 2 earth's green lantern, and their relationships was predictable.
    Justice League: Just a word: boring!
    Reminds me again; i was toying with picking up a green lantern title, so i could find out about that space gorilla that joined the corps. But where to start?

I dropped Harley Quinn and Cyborg because the writing was so poor. I'll be dropping Batgirl soon for the same reason. They made Nightwing look like a dumbass in the last issue.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I dropped Super Sons because I felt Jon and Damian were starting to be written too one-dimensionally, and while it was fun, it was kind of generic and didn't really stimulate my brain in any way after a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    i really don’t have much interest in jamie’s personal life.
    Have you read Jaime's original solo? Fitting for it being the only good one he's had, it's the one that made his personal life and supporting cast so likeable and appealing.

Reminds me again; i was toying with picking up a green lantern title, so i could find out about that space gorilla that joined the corps. But where to start?
    I don't know about any Gorilla Lantern (Though that might just be from the Planet of the Apes crossover), but if you're looking for a GL title, I HIGHLY recommend Green Lanterns.

There is a Yellow Lantern Gorilla called Space Ape that first appears in Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps #7. But I would recommenced reading the series from the Rebirth issue because it is fantastic.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

You're referring to a Sinestro Corps Space Ape, you can find him in "Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps". This title is one of the best in the Rebirth relaunch, in my opinion far better than "Green Lanterns" that i find so lame and flat.

Fantastic Member

Titans- Nothing is happening but them whining at each other and having love triangles acting more like teens than the Teen Titans
    Wonder Woman- I don't care about the Darkseid War brother plot
    Detective Comics- Meh, my love of Stephanie Brown and Batwoman is not enough for me to care about everyone else on that team

Considered dropping Teen Titans but I reconsidered after Gotham Resistance I like where Percy is going. Though it is clear that he only has an interest in really writing Damian and Jackson. DC really should just give him a solo book with Damian hopefully after the next crossover there will be a shakeup in the team would not be surprised if Jon joined

Wonder Woman.
    Rucka let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Wonder Woman.
    Rucka let me down.
    What about the new creative team?

I probably don't read as many books as some of you do anyway, and when I say "dropped", I guess I'm referring to books I don't buy at all any more. There are a few that I buy if I like the story on a given month, or if I'm buying the book to see if I want to come back. And with biweekly books, sometimes even if I like a book I just can't buy all that I want, so some books get pared down for financial reasons. And I did buy some Rebirth issues and not the actual series.

So....

Wonder Woman - I've never been a big fan of the character, but the Rebirth issue was interesting so I bought the first few issues of the main series. But despite some great art, the alternating storylines didn't work for me, and the one set in the present day was so slow....

Justice League - I loved the first storyline and the art. But I only really cared about half the characters on the League, and I could get my fix in their solo books, and I wanted to save that $3 for other books. The book was enjoyable, but less so than others, so it lost out as I streamlined my pull list.

Nightwing - That first arc was great, but despite being interested in seeing Dick head back to Bludhaven, the book took a nosedive when he got there and just became, honestly, more than a bit dull. I've bought an issue or two since I dropped the book, because I like the character, but it's just not working for me.

Detective Comics - I liked the book because I enjoy reading about Batman and Robin, and because Tim Drake was in the book. Since he left, and since so much focus has been given to secondary characters that I really don't care about, I don't pick up this book every month, though I'm back in for the current "A Lonely Place of Living" storyline. Out of all the DC titles, I'd like to buy Action and Detective every month to support DC's decision to restore them to their original numbering, but the storylines in Detective don't always justify that.

Super Sons - a fun book, but I really don't like Damien Wayne. Jon's over in the Superman books, so I can read about him there, making this book superflous. I liked it, but not enough to stick with it.

What am I still reading?
    Action Comics
    Superman
    Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
    Aquaman
    Titans
    Detective Comics (off and on)

I started small with rebirth and only had the 2 Green lantern titles. New52 really kicked my ass. But since then, I dipped my toe in a few new titles and mostly stayed on. But the one that I'm closest to dropping would ironically be Green Lanterns. The stories kinda fizzled for me and with a change in creative team, I'm thinking I give it an issue or two to see what Seeley does then maybe bail.
    Save Ferris...

I dropped batgirl after two issues. I found the first issue to be great and the art amazing, but found the second issue to be absolute rubbish, formulaic, bland arnd generic.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

I've dropped a few but still getting the majority that I started with.

Dropped:
    Super Sons: Fun book, but just felt like it was nothing I was going to care about in a year or so. Though I might pick them up when I see them in the dollar bins.
    Supergirl: Just didn't do it for me.
    Superwoman: Started strong but fizzled out kinda quick.
    Green Arrow: Another decent book, but the politics were a bit to on the nose for me.
    New Superman: A lot of fun, but kinda the same situation with Super Sons. Maybe I'll pick up issues out of the dollar bin someday.
    Justice League: Haven't actually dropped only due to the fact that I have most of the JL books going back the late SA. Haven't read it though since the second arc.
    Trinity: Another decent book, but it was nothing exciting.
    Batwoman: Wanted to like it, just to boring.

On the Pull list:
    JLA: It is slowly getting better.
    Suicide Squad: One more arc to turn it around, the last arc was terrible.
    Superman: Wish Tomasi and Gleason would come back.
    Action: Continues to be solid.
    Deathstroke: Awesome!
    Red Hood: The surprise book of rebirth for me.
    Batman: It has its ups and downs, but still overall solid.
    Detective: Similar to Batman.
    Flash: Overall solid, though I wish old Wally would show up once in a while.
    Hal Jordan: Good solid book.
    Green Lanterns: Slightly better than Hal Jordan and Co.
    Nightwing: Was going to drop, but I'm giving Humphries a chance.
    Hellblazer: May drop, but the Seeley issues have been good.
    Titans: Kind of boring, may drop soon.
    Aquaman: Same as above.
    Wonder Woman: Rucka was a bit of a let down compared to his older WW run though it was still decent, sticking around for Robinson.

Other DC Pull list:
    Mister Miracle, Bane, The Wildstorm, Cave Carson, and Doom Patrol.