Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I have dropped almost all of them. I basically gave every title a shot though many didn't get a whole story line.

I still read Action, Superman, and Super Sons.

The only books I dropped was All Star Batman and Batwoman. All Star didn't feel like it was worth the bones of €5. I dropped it after Twoface managed to convince a bunch of normal civilians to try and kill Batman. My suspension of disbelief can only stretch so far.

Batwoman is one of the best characters in Tec, I was looking forward to her book but it was incredibly bland and I only got the first issue.

I have lots of books on the cusp of being dropped but I can't seem to bring myself to do it. My pull list would be pitiful without them and I really look forward to new comic book day.

Tec has a lot of potential but Tynion keeps dropping the ball ie. Waiting with bated breath to see how Tim escapes from his prison...he hacks something.

BatBOP is the only book I can read that regularly features Helena B.

Batgirl keeps featuring Nightwing. To be fair the book has been a little better lately.

Teen Titans has relies too much on Damian. It's getting really irritating and I say that as someone who adores Damian.

Titans is just a mess. From Booths art to script and pacing nothing works.

Dropped
    Nightwing. Not too fond of Humphries writing.
    Titans. Was dragging along too much.

Pull List as it looks now
    Batman
    Action Comics
    Flash
    Metal
    New Order
    Doomsday Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Forgot to mention that I might be dropping Green Lanterns, should Seeley fail as hard as I think he may with these characters.

So both RHatO and GLs are titles that are currently in a place where they could make me drop them, despite their high quality (GLs in particular) up until this point.

Were I to drop them, along with Titans and Teen Titans after their next issues, I'd be left with 4 books I'm reading:

New Super-Man (The greatest thing from DC in a long time)
    Detective Comics (The most mixed book I'm reading but one I still enjoy)
    Aquaman (The book where nothing too special is going on, save for the current art, but has maintained the high Aquaman standard of quality which has been established since the Nu52)
    and
    Green Arrow (The book where COOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOR HAAAAAAAAAAAAAWKE is coming back and I can't wait! Also Emi rules, Ollie and Roy are getting their best writing in a very long time, and the art is the most consistently great in Rebirth.)
    CONNOR HAWKE IS RETURNING?

It seems I might pick it up again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    CONNOR HAWKE IS RETURNING?

It seems I might pick it up again...
    From GA #25, a page full of teases for the next year:

COOOOONOOOOOOR.jpg

I honestly screamed and jumped out of my seat with joy when I saw this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Titans: Everything wrong with that franchise can be found in that book. I think I made it two issues before dropping it.

Superman: I desperately want Superman or Action back on my pull list, and I love the marriage and like the Goku/Gohan vibes I'm getting from Clark and Jon, but everything else leaves me cold. The continuity hijinks are way worse here than in WW (at least there we get the whole "she imagined it, let's move on with our lives" thing and she wasn't a whole other person from another universe before fusing with her other self).

Ehh, I'd say 4 out of the 5 Godwatch chapters leave #31 in the dust. Along with #8, but I'm biased in that regard. Though I don't think 31 is bad by any stretch, and want to see where it goes.
    Fair enough, though ironically I'm completely the opposite here in regards to how they're handling Superman and WW. I think an active false timeline is much more confusing and all over the place. I think the run had some decent individual issues and the origin stuff was fine, but the cloud of the continuity nonsense over it, which was never properly sewn up, left me cold throughout the whole thing.

Superman on the other hand, its not that its defined any better, but, it was done in a way which basically leaves not much out. Outside of a select few things, you're kinda free at this point to count a lot of ALL eras, which I think might be the best case scenario for characters as old as he is. This Superman doesn't actively recall any "wrong" continuities, so if its not an issue with him as a character, its far easier for it to not be an issue with me the reader. Wonder Woman still recalls a bunch of false stuff which not even the story did a good job of letting us know what's wrong or right.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-06-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Only book that I have dropped that I was reading when Rebirth started is Suicide Squad and that was just budgetary reasons. Funny thing is, I still buy that half the time anyway because of x-overs with other books.
    So, nothing, really.

Since Rebirth started, I have dropped pretty much every Marvel book I was reading at the time though.
    Batman - Daredevil

From GA #25, a page full of teases for the next year:

COOOOONOOOOOOR.jpg

I honestly screamed and jumped out of my seat with joy when I saw this.
    Now if we can just somehow get Mia back too, the arrow family will be complete.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Now if we can just somehow get Mia back too, the arrow family will be complete.
    Sin and Cissie ARE admittedlty BoP and YJ characters only tangentially related to thr Arrow Fam, but until both Mia AND Lian are back, I won't consider it complete.

The sad part is at the rate they're going the Arrow and Aqua famalies will be fully restored before the Flash Fam and Super Fam get back half their missing members.

Sin and Cissie ARE admittedlty BoP and YJ characters only tangentially related to thr Arrow Fam, but until both Mia AND Lian are back, I won't consider it complete.

The sad part is at the rate they're going the Arrow and Aqua famalies will be fully restored before the Flash Fam and Super Fam get back half their missing members.
    At the very least I think Williamson wants to bring back the Flash Family, since he's pretty much teased most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the very least I think Williamson wants to bring back the Flash Family, since he's pretty much teased most of them.
    That would be fantastic! One can keep hoping. At least we got Ray Palmer back for the time being : )

Dropped:
    Batwoman - Nothing bad just didn't really care enough to continue it.
    Blue Beetle - Same as Batwoman.
    Cyborg - Writing was mediocre to bad.
    Supergirl - Writing never hooked me and the art was ok. Current artist is one of my favorites but I doubt I'll pick it up again.

I dropped Wonder Woman after the first issue but started it up again with the writing change.

Who’s missing in those families?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Arrow - Mia and Lian
    Aqua- Lorena, Koryak and Lagoon Boy (Also AJ but I dont think he has a chance of returning)
    Flash- Jay, Bart, Max, Jenni Jesse (and Johnny), Iris II and Jai.
    Super- Kon, Linda, Cir-El, Christopher Kent (The REAL one), , Power Girl and Lar Gand.

And for Super and Aqua, there are more minor characters I didnt even mention.

Arrow - Mia and Lian
    Aqua- Lorena, Koryak and Lagoon Boy (Also AJ but I dont think he has a chance of returning)
    Flash- Jay, Bart, Max, Jenni Jesse (and Johnny), Iris II and Jai.
    Super- Kon, Linda, Cir-El, Christopher Kent (The REAL one), , Power Girl and Lar Gand.

And for Super and Aqua, there are more minor characters I didnt even mention.
    Of who I see coming back in the immediate future:
    Arrow - Mia and Lian (maybe)

Aqua - Lorena and Lagoon Boy

Flash - Jay, Bart, Max, and Jesse

Super - Kon, Power Girl, and Mon-El