Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I love Cyclops, but I don't want this. They should explore his issues with codependency and have him grow independently for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I love Cyclops, but I don't want this. They should explore his issues with codependency and have him grow independently for a bit.
    Codependency you say? That's a core mechanic of Cyke's character and has been forever. He wouldn't be the same guy without this little hangup.

Codependence:
    excessive emotional or psychological reliance on a partner, typically a partner who requires support due to an illness or addiction.... or brain injury or a terrible childhood or being put in charge of a miltary unit as a teenager, or watching his lover die twice, or... you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Scott's secondary mutation is being awkward around women unless he happens to be leading them in battle. The thought of him pulling a Don Juan routine is painful. All the girls he got with pretty much pursued him. If it was up to Cyke he'd spend most of his time training or dreaming up tactical scenarios. Maybe he should have got with Danger. If you think about it, "she" is the perfect match for him.
    Lmfao is true, He can not be a ladies man, he is really shy, he was so shy around jean it took him years just to ask her out. unless they come after him like Emma

Codependency you say? That's a core mechanic of Cyke's character and has been forever. He wouldn't be the same guy without this little hangup.

Codependence:
    excessive emotional or psychological reliance on a partner, typically a partner who requires support due to an illness or addiction.... or brain injury or a terrible childhood or being put in charge of a miltary unit as a teenager, or watching his lover die twice, or... you get it.
    I don't think he should necessarily move past it, but it would be neat if they addressed it somehow.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 10-05-2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Typo

I don't think he should necessarily move past it, but it would be neat if they addressed somehow.
    Well he did try therapy... Lots and lots and lots of therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Lmfao is true, He can not be a ladies man, he is really shy, he was so shy around jean it took him years just to ask her out. unless they come after him like Emma
    I think what makes Scott attractive is that he obviously gives zero fcks about being attractive. He is like that guy a work that all of the women thirst over and he is like whateves.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Impossible. He's too insecure and emotionally stomped. His baggage has baggage with more baggage inside.

He'd have to not be Scott Summers and I don't want him to not be Scott Summers. . .

Well he did try therapy... Lots and lots and lots of therapy.
    It's funny, there's been a lot of debate these last few days about Jean/Scott/Emma/Logan romantically, and how most don't want them rushed into a romance, and that Jean especially has been limited by her relationship with Scott (not that I agree or disagree), but it would almost be out of character for Scott to not be in a relationship. I know Bendis had Scott unattached during his run but did anything even happen in his UXM?

It's funny, there's been a lot of debate these last few days about Jean/Scott/Emma/Logan romantically, and how most don't want them rushed into a romance, and that Jean especially has been limited by her relationship with Scott (not that I agree or disagree), but it would almost be out of character for Scott to not be in a relationship. I know Bendis had Scott unattached during his run but did anything even happen in his UXM?
    Goldballs?

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Goldballs?
    How could I forget about the breakout star of the decade?

Maria Hill wanted Cyclops. They never did anything with that did they? A shame, but then again they didn't end up doing much w/Cyclops at that point either.
    Anyway, back to the point, Cyke gets girls and could have banged most of the girls in the Bendis run, not incidentally.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Maria Hill wanted Cyclops. They never did anything with that did they? A shame, but then again they didn't end up doing much w/Cyclops at that point either.
    Anyway, back to the point, Cyke gets girls and could have banged most of the girls in the Bendis run, not incidentally.
    I'm not exactly against Maria and Scott. What was the setup there? I didn't read Bendis' run.

I'm not exactly against Maria and Scott. What was the setup there? I didn't read Bendis' run.
    She thought he was hot and that fact scared the hell out of her. That was pretty much all there was to it.

I'd argue Scott really was never out a romance with Jean & Emma. One died and as for the other... we'll they just kind of pretended not to date for a year or so. How can you rush into something that never really ended?

BANNED

that was angels forte rather than cyclops but maybe he could come back full of zest for life control over his powers being the man if he stayed with jean in the white room who took away all his issues but will he be recognisable as cyclops then? it would be like Jughead not always stuffing himself or Archie flirting as the main trait of cykes character is brooding. he is the darker version of superman always worrying about loosing control over his powers feeling unable to connect with anyone due to being a mutant alienated from humanity and the everyman who always feels inadequate somehow while interacting with others especially with the opposite sex though of course takes on him have varied since the early inception of his character but brooding is as natural to him as breathing.