Default 90's Spider-Man Animated Series and Why no Blu-Rays/DVDs

Is there a reason this series never got a proper DVD or Blu-Ray releases because Hulu is losing most if not all their marvel Animated Shows soon. 90's X-Men, X-Men Evolution, and most notably 90's Spider-Man. Now I say most notably for Spidey because both X-Men series have proper DVD releases as does Spectacular Spider-Man. But the 90's series only has a few DVD's like the Green Goblin one, a Daredevil one, a Venom one, and finally I think a Best of or something one and it's really annoying. If the series is not on a streaming services you can't watch it. I'm hopeful Disney will put it on their future streaming service but that's not till 2019.

Cause Disney...

I don't really know, but Disney has an annoying habit of just siting on shows without releasing them on home video. I'm still mad that Aladdin the series hasn't gotten released on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's only for the UK.

BANNED

There's also a fan-produced remastered HD Blu-Ray set doing the rounds on E-Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Cause Disney...

I don't really know, but Disney has an annoying habit of just siting on shows without releasing them on home video. I'm still mad that Aladdin the series hasn't gotten released on DVD.

That's only for the UK.
    Never heard of Region 0 DVD players? Those can play DVDs from anywhere. Computers are always region 0.

The TV show can be purchased/rented from iTunes now. Still sucks to not have a home media option, but it's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There's also a fan-produced remastered HD Blu-Ray set doing the rounds on E-Bay.
    It's on iOffer for $25. Same with the X-Men 90's cartoon.

Fantastic Member

I created a thread about this topic on here, back in August. Here's an edited re-post:

I was a mild fan of Spider-man: The Animated Series cartoon when it was on in the '90's - I saw a handful of episodes & felt it was decent. I would even go so far as to say it's the best animated version of Spider-man out there. I wish I had caught more episodes at the time, but I wasn't watching much TV back during those years. Unfortunately, it's very underrated these days & I don't see that it's discussed too much by comic book fans.

I have recently become interested in seeing the entire series on home video, and was looking to see if this was available. Unfortunately, though some episodes were on VHS tape years ago & though the all 5 seasons of the series have been released to DVD in parts of Europe (Region 2 DVD's), the whole series is not available on DVD/Blu-ray in the U.S. - other than select DVD's with some of the storylines.

I recently saw the Spider-Man: Return of the Green Goblin DVD. Great story, and I liked how both the Green Goblin & the Hobgoblin were featured. I know that they changed some storyline elements from the comics, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the story. As I said earlier, this cartoon series captures the tone/vibe of the SM comics from the 1970's - 1980's more than any other cartoon version of the character.

It would be nice to see a boxed Region 1 Blu-ray/DVD set of all five seasons. Now that SM is especially "hot" re: the new film, I would hope the series would eventually be released on Region 1 home video - in it's entirety.

Is everyone aware it's available for purchase on Amazon Instant Video? That's how I'm watching it.

SonicTheDragon

Default Then explain these!!!!

[QUOTE=WeirdSpider;3140620]Cause Disney...

I don't really know, but Disney has an annoying habit of just siting on shows without releasing them on home video. I'm still mad that Aladdin the series hasn't gotten released on DVD!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Spect...s-DVD/54807115
    Last edited by SonicTheDragon; 07-18-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Was the show even made in high definition? That might be the reason why you won't see a Blu-ray release. I don't think any animated series from that era has a Blu-ray release... save for "Batman" but that's because WB spent how many millions to re-master that? "Gargoyles" and "X-Men" have no Blu-ray releases, either... likely for similar reasons.

"Spectacular Spider-Man" has a Blu-ray release because it was made in 2008 and is a high definition show.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Was the show even made in high definition? That might be the reason why you won't see a Blu-ray release. I don't think any animated series from that era has a Blu-ray release... save for "Batman" but that's because WB spent how many millions to re-master that? "Gargoyles" and "X-Men" have no Blu-ray releases, either... likely for similar reasons.

"Spectacular Spider-Man" has a Blu-ray release because it was made in 2008 and is a high definition show.
    For your information, anything made with film or that has been drawn can be made to HD.