Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Dude you forgot SM, SM/DP, X-Men historically have all been top ten sellers.

And no comichron you have to remove the events/star wars and then you have to look at the drop off from #1.

See America which had huge start but now selling near nothing.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I assume things will pick up once DC's event ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Digital sale rankings are important. They are reliable.

The numbers you see on Comichron which by the way is just as bad as these, aren't the actual sale numbers. Marvel sells considerably less than those numbers. That's been proven times and times again.
    As you said, Comichron doesn't keep track of what each individual store is selling, rather; it keeps track of what each publisher is shipping to distributors. I find this to be quite reliable when looking at it in a time-lapse format. If something isn't selling, the number of shipped copies will drop within the coming months. However, it is important to note that Marvel has been known to inflate their numbers by over shipping and strong-arming distributors into loaded deals. Keep that in mind when looking at sites such as Comichron.

Digital sales are good for estimating what physical sales may look like. It's extremely unreliable when in regards to specifics, unfortunately.

Nothing to really worry about but it shows that marvel will need to strive to beat DC and keep readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Nothing to really worry about
    Tell me; is having the largest slice of a small pie just as good as having the largest slice of a big one?

Ultimate Member

God damnit!

Has Legacy even fully begun?

Aren't Venom and Avengers the only Legacy titles this week? How can you tell if an initiative will do well in a single day? That's keeping in mind that this doesn't take account sales on the Marvel app!

Even if it did, one day of sales is far too soon to draw any conclusions. Not to mention that direct market sales don't always follow digital (anyone trying to argue seriously that Green Arrow is selling more than X-men in the direct market needs to get their eyes checked seriously).

Why not wait a little before before we start analyzing sales? It doesn't cost us anything to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Why would the sales change? Legacy hasn't really changed anything except the issue numbers on some books and have three new books.
    I do think some people are perhaps expecting a bit too much from Legacy. I mean, I only read two DC books so I am unsure, but comparing it to Rebirth seems a little over the top. I mean yeah, I get that deal with similar themes, but Rebirth seemed to have lodes of new #1's, creative teams etc whilst most of the Legacy stuff still has the same teams and just returns to original numbering. It just does not seem to be on that 'epic' jump-on level.

Also, and I say this as a classic Marvel 'white knight' (Not heard that phrase in ages!) fan, but is it really that bad if DC are ahead? Sure I want Marvel to be at the top, but some of the comments around the net make it sound like if Marvel slips into #2 then that's it, Marvel will be forever dead, put down by Disney etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    God damnit!

Has Legacy even fully begun?

Aren't Venom and Avengers the only Legacy titles this week? How can you tell if an initiative will do well in a single day? That's keeping in mind that this doesn't take account sales on the Marvel app!

Even if it did, one day of sales is far too soon to draw any conclusions. Not to mention that direct market sales don't always follow digital (anyone trying to argue seriously that Green Arrow is selling more than X-men in the direct market needs to get their eyes checked seriously).

Why not wait a little before before we start analyzing sales? It doesn't cost us anything to do so.

Yes those are the only 2 titles, I highlighted the rest for fun

BANNED

Is this the quickest the wagons have been circled?

Seems like most of DC's top books are tied into Metal, which is pretty popular.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I assume things will pick up once DC's event ends.
    Yeah, good luck with that

DC have got another event right after Metal...their big one, Doomsday Clock

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, good luck with that

DC have got another event right after Metal...their big one, Doomsday Clock
    Gee, its like one company kind of stops major events only for the other to try to take its place.

I'm nowhere close to being a Marvel shill, and I can say with all honestly that the original post relies on skewing a lot of information in order to make a point that is very obviously bias.

We can all admit that Marvel's not performing like they could, but I don't see pandering to people's frustrations with skewed statistics helping in any way, shape, or form.

We're really going to ignore the fact that these are digital rankings during a time where the competition had just begun an event? And then compare event/#1s/Batman books to books in the middle of their runs? That's dishonest. I find it ironic that people would primarily criticize event fatigue as the big reason Marvel's titles have become diluted and falling in sales, and yet compare them to the numbers the competition is putting up while they're doing an event. That seems hypocritical.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I'm nowhere close to being a Marvel shill, and I can say with all honestly that the original post relies on skewing a lot of information in order to make a point that is very obviously bias.

We can all admit that Marvel's not performing like they could, but I don't see pandering to people's frustrations with skewed statistics helping in any way, shape, or form.

We're really going to ignore the fact that these are digital rankings during a time where the competition had just begun an event? And then compare event/#1s/Batman books to books in the middle of their runs? That's dishonest. I find it ironic that people would primarily criticize event fatigue as the big reason Marvel's titles have become diluted and falling in sales, and yet compare them to the numbers the competition is putting up while they're doing an event. That seems hypocritical.
    Well, it's your right to think that I guess.

"We can all admit that Marvel's not performing like they could"

Good because that was the only intention I had in mind opening this.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-05-2017 at 01:16 PM.

I really wish Avengers 672 was higher, I loved that issue. Gave me a lot of hope for the current story arc. Spider-Man was really good as well, but I don't think that was the legacy issue.

We should probably give it a month to see all releases before getting scared about everything Marvel does tanking.