Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It’s only a matter of time before The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen meet The Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Gosh, I wonder what Alan Moore would say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Are we supposed to care?
    Bahahahaha!
    I don't get it . . . the "Are we supposed to care?" quote had nothing to do with my post.
    (In fact, it was the #2 post for the thread. My comment was the #4 post.)

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Didn't know he even had one, thought he was one of those long dead pulp characters like Doc Savage.
    Actually, he seemed closer in appearance to Doc Strange.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Good grief. DC should just leave characters who were intended to be creator owned alone, it's not moral nor ethical. I'm not an Alan Moore fanboy, but this them inserting Watchmen characters into the DCU -- and this, just come off as unimaginably desperate.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 10-05-2017 at 05:35 PM.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Awwww-yeah, man!! Hopefully the Top 10 team joins the DCU too. Can't wait to see Tom Strong and Sub Zero in the next Justice League movie!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Good grief. DC should just leave characters who were intended to be creator owned alone, it's not moral nor ethical. I'm not an Alan Moore fanboy, but this them inserting Watchmen characters into the DCU -- and this, just come off as unimaginably desperate.
    That being said, I am now interested in the Terrifics. I'm not really a fan of Jeff Lemire's work for DC and Marvel, but maybe I'll give this a chance.

Spectacular Member

I'm a little torn.
    Using the Strong family in the DCU feels weird and slightly wrong, but I also really want to see them drawn by Doc Shaner.

It seems like a fitting crossover given the shared "superhero family goes on crazy adventures" setup, but this sort of thing tends to work best as a mini or something.
    That it's one of the first things announced (yet not clarified) is pretty weird.
    Last edited by majormcmeat; 10-05-2017 at 05:47 PM.

BANNED

I still just want to know what the f**k Tinya is doing here.

I'm excited for this!
    Always enjoyed every Tom Strong trade i read
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Spectacular Member

"The Terrifics" is the book I'm most looking forward to. I think this inclusion of Tom Strong is very intriguing.

It's about time. Tom Strong is a versatile character with vast potential and I'm pleased that DC have finally realised that.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

This book keeps getting more hyped for me with every passing mention!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s only a matter of time before The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen meet The Justice League.
    Wouldn't be a problem since they're all public domain. Lol.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Was Alan Moore's ABC line creator-owned or is it a Wildstorm property created and controlled by Alan Moore? If it's the latter, then DC should absolutely use those characters because it's not like Alan Moore is suddenly going to have a change of heart and start working for DC ever again. He washed his hands of all his royalties long ago. If he doesn't want anything to do with them, why should DC using his work matter to anyone else?

If this is some kind of creators' rights issue for some, then I hope you never bought a single issue of Superman or Batman prior to a few years ago, because Seigel, Shuster, & Bill Finger were treated far worse than Alan Moore ever was. Moore wasn't some babe in the woods who didn't know what he was getting into when he signed those contracts. He was paid for his work, received royalties (until he refused them), and gained enough fame from his work to have a sizable audience to be able to create completely creator-owned work.

I totally understand fans who don't want to read non-Moore Watchmen or Tom Strong comics, and no one is forcing you to buy them. DC is a for-profit business and always has been. They should certainly use any material they own any way they want and their audience is free to either buy it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, he seemed closer in appearance to Doc Strange.
    That's on purpose. Part of Tom Strong's story was finding another Earth that had the old Nedor heroes living there. Doc Strange was a prominent one, though they gave him a new name for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return of Promethea.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.