The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Superman and Batman...something parallel going on (defying their fathers)?

A few months ago, in THE BUTTON, the Thomas Wayne Batman from the Flashpoint universe admonished his son, the familiar Bruce Wayne Batman of the main DC Earth/timeline, to abandon his role as Batman...an idea that Bruce has since considered, but has yet to act upon.

Presently, in ACTION COMICS, Jor-El is apparently attempting to convince Kal-El (Superman) that humanity is fallen and does not deserve him, and that he should abandon humanity.

Curiously, these two developments are occurring to DC's two flagship heroes at the same time.

Are Superman and Batman both headed towards defying their fathers and continuing their lifelong fights for justice?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Hitch's recent JL issue did the same thing with Wonder Woman. Seems like it might be a trinity thing atleast at the moment.

I doubt there's any symmetry with the Wonder Woman thing in JL just because I don't think Hitch is operating his run on being connected to the larger Rebirth storyline at all.

But I could see it as having been purposeful to have a version of Batman's father trying to get him to stop being Batman and now Superman's real father wanting him to leave Earth. Both of these things happened in titles that are very heavy on the over-arching Rebirth saga.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I doubt there's any symmetry with the Wonder Woman thing in JL just because I don't think Hitch is operating his run on being connected to the larger Rebirth storyline at all.

But I could see it as having been purposeful to have a version of Batman's father trying to get him to stop being Batman and now Superman's real father wanting him to leave Earth. Both of these things happened in titles that are very heavy on the over-arching Rebirth saga.
    I wish things were tied more to what Hitch is doing in JL, since it's such an entertaining comic book. I want Dory/Serenity to have her own book, dammit!