Wink Wonderwoman: Earth One Volume 2 First Look

Astonishing Member

I love Paquette's Hippolyta - I want a whole series of just her.

And, Diana playing baseball is just good fun. Really looking forward to this.

Extraordinary Member

Since Azzarello moved on, this version of WW has been the only one that has held any interest for me at all (with the obvious exception of the movie version, of course). Can't wait!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

did they give any idea of a release date yet?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    2024?

Hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Since Azzarello moved on, this version of WW has been the only one that has held any interest for me at all (with the obvious exception of the movie version, of course). Can't wait!
    The same... Earth One WW was funny... I liked see more about her..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-06-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Incredible Member

I just watched the DC All Access Live Youtube Channel, and they mentioned Dr. Psycho making an appearance in the new book.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I just watched the DC All Access Live Youtube Channel, and they mentioned Dr. Psycho making an appearance in the new book.
    Baroness Von Gunther and Dr. Psycho?!

I need this now.

EDIT: Does anyone think Paula looks like Althea from volume one? I wonder if that scene actually takes place during World War II; we have Steve saying his superiors learned about the island from "German S.S intelligence reports from WWII talked about a mystery island-". Maybe Althea is actually a reformed Paula, given a new name? In the Silver Age, Althea vanished and Paula seemed to take over as inventor of the Purple Ray. I wonder if this is Morrison's nod to that? If so, I don't know how they reconcile that with Diana being almost as old as the island in this universe, and not meeting a man until Steve. Was she asleep during the Nazi invasion?
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 10-06-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    EDIT: Does anyone think Paula looks like Althea from volume one? I wonder if that scene actually takes place during World War II; we have Steve saying his superiors learned about the island from "German S.S intelligence reports from WWII talked about a mystery island-". Maybe Althea is actually a reformed Paula, given a new name? In the Silver Age, Althea vanished and Paula seemed to take over as inventor of the Purple Ray. I wonder if this is Morrison's nod to that?
    Nice catch.

If so, I don't know how they reconcile that with Diana being almost as old as the island in this universe, and not meeting a man until Steve. Was she asleep during the Nazi invasion?
    Princesses need their sleep.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Nice catch.
    Thanks! With all the heavy focus on Hippolyta in that scene, it makes me think that she had a hand in reforming Paula. Morrison said she's his favorite character, and it would be a nice counter to the more antagonistic authority figure she was in the first volume. It also makes me wonder if Diana's assumption that they would kill Steve (albeit with some supposedly humane methods) has some basis in history instead of speculation. Though I guess killing the invading aggressors is no different than the fight scene against the Germans in the movie. it's certainly still better than the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Princesses need their sleep.
    Man, the Amazons stopped a Nazi invasion and reformed Paula von Gunther and got her to change her name all in the time it took Diana to have an afternoon nap.

These ladies are quick.

I cannot wait to see what Morrison does with Psycho. And I hope the Amazon!Cheetah will get some focus as well.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 10-06-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Morrison mentioned during NYCC that the script has been done for 3 years, so I think it's just a case of art and timing, I'm hopeful it will be by summer of 2018..hopeful lol.