Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    Batman: Endgame will take place post Eternal!

http://www.newsarama.com/21585-scott...ontinuity.html
    He pretty much mentioned everything, Catwoman's changes, Robin Rises, and ect., aside from Grayson. So I guess the things happening in Grayson and him being "dead" are probably going to be ignored by Synder. So I guess him putting some weight behind that plot isn't going to happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Agreed. My issue is that if I know all the outcomes there's much less of a reason for me to read Eternal. And I am enjoying the heck out of it currently but that's a lot of money saved...
    Knowing the outcome is only half of what matters. How we get from Point A to Point B is just as important, if not more important, than how things end.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    Batman: Endgame will take place post Eternal!

http://www.newsarama.com/21585-scott...ontinuity.html
    Okay, reading that interview, I'm going to go out on a limb here about what "Endgame" could mean. I think Scott Synder is going to have Bruce Wayne publicly outed as Batman.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

What an excessively hyperbolic title for what is likely a highly excessive story. I really wish that I could share the general consensus on Snyder's run but I honestly hope that Endgame at least attempts to be self contained. I understand that the tie-ins probably help the sales of the Bat titles but I really want the titles to develop a voice beyond filler between Snyder's next line crossing event.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Well, that interview will certainly have the Snyder haters out in force since he uses the words big, biggest cast, muscular, over the top and vibrant.
    That's what I thought when I read the interview. But then, I like this respond from Snyder himself lol

"if you think we're going to go small or doesn't have the biggest cast we've ever used and the biggest cataclysmic elements that we've ever used, then you don't know us as a team."

BANNED

the new writers' and artists' take on Catwoman
    The placement of the apostrophe is very important here. Is he hinting that we'll see multiple creative teams on Cat's book? Genevieve did confirm she was only writing an arc.

Quote Originally Posted by the article
    the biggest, deadliest and most epic story
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Oh jeez here we go again.
    Yeah, seems like I've heard that statement before. Just can't place where...

Last edited by tylenoljones; 07-16-2014 at 08:41 PM.

BANNED

tylenol! I for one have missed you.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    Knowing the outcome is only half of what matters. How we get from Point A to Point B is just as important, if not more important, than how things end.
    True, however, if I know the end the urgency is gone. I'm not saying I wouldn't read it, I'm loving it so far, but I would definitely trade wait it and save a ton of cash.

Usually when the words "superstar creative team" are used, I laugh because most in the industry are incredibly mediocre and pump out incredibly boring and mediocre material.

But Snyder & Capullo truly are a "superstar creative team"

Spectacular Member

Welp, this is... something.

I won't lie: I found almost every Joker appearance under Snyder's pen to be dull as hell (I don't care how much brutality you throw in there; a Joker without humor and charisma is simply not the Joker). And the last time someone used "Endgame" in conjunction with the Joker, it created one of the worst Joker stories of all time - a story that soured both Greg Rucka's name and all of "No Man's Land" for me.

So... I guess all I have now is a morbid curiousity to see how over-the-top grimdark Snyder can take the Joker this time. Will he be drowning babies? Playing "Operation" with puppy organs? Killing yet another member of the Bat-family? (I've got my money on Jim Gordon).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    He pretty much mentioned everything, Catwoman's changes, Robin Rises, and ect., aside from Grayson. So I guess the things happening in Grayson and him being "dead" are probably going to be ignored by Synder. So I guess him putting some weight behind that plot isn't going to happen.
    I can't believe that as much as Snyder cares for Nightwing/Dick, he wouldn't be mentioned in rememberence at the very least in Batman. Damian was mentioned in Batman after he died, surely Dick will be thought of as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLotus View Post
    Welp, this is... something.

I won't lie: I found almost every Joker appearance under Snyder's pen to be dull as hell (I don't care how much brutality you throw in there; a Joker without humor and charisma is simply not the Joker). And the last time someone used "Endgame" in conjunction with the Joker, it created one of the worst Joker stories of all time - a story that soured both Greg Rucka's name and all of "No Man's Land" for me.
    I hope you're not talking about the End Game video game tie-in, which was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    True, however, if I know the end the urgency is gone. I'm not saying I wouldn't read it, I'm loving it so far, but I would definitely trade wait it and save a ton of cash.
    With you on this. I may have to wait for eternal to end before picking this up.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLotus View Post
    Boy, do we have different tastes. I loved the end of NML (and still miss Sarah).