Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Nah, I can't cause I don't think so. I think gold is for royalty and winners and goddesses.
    It's for people without taste.

I think when colorists make gold its ACTUAL color --that ugly brown with green tints --it looks terrible. I think when colorists anticipate that, and go for the more colloquial idea of gold --shiny yellow --it looks fun!.
    Then they should stick with yellow.

Retired

It's probably supposed to be bronze because . . .

Who would wear an entire suit of gold?

Don't say gold. Say yellow.

Who would wear an entire suit of gold?

Iron Man?

IRON MAN b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Iron Man
    I think that actually helps Outside’s argument.

I kid, cause I agree with him on most items. This aversion to gold is so idiosyncratic I can’t let go.

If we want the whole Diana’s color think to not be the U.S flag than why not have the amazons have a flag? I mean before the I.S many ancient cities used similar colors. You can have year one stars oknthe flag maybe for the gods?

The color gold I like.

The metal I like when it's in my possession.

As an armor... it's *Bronze* or some mythic yellowish metal... gold is a horrible substance to make armor out of... if she sat on her battle skirt wrong she'd bend it all to heck, let alone actually receiving a blow from a weapon.

Unless it's special Divine gold, forged by Hephaestus... or better yet, Amazonium!

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Gold is warmer...I was never a huge fan of her new 52 costume with all silver. She looked distant, cold, and angsty.

But yea, I don't see a problem with it. Red, blue, gold...I mean, she doesn't have 5-pointed white stars anymore.

Do you guys think that instead of Diana’s costume being cloth that it’s amaozonian cloth that nothing can get though ? A regular bullet can’t go pass her. I mean if their enchanted it most regular objects shouldn’t harm her. Cheetahs claws should harm her but maybe it should take a bit to claw her costume. It should be her costume protected her whole torso, boots whole legs and tiara her head. Only magic that’s very powerful can harm her but it should be deadly at first

BANNED

My point about gold is that it's a color that very rarely looks good, and the people who like to use the color or feel of it aren't choosing it because of it's looks, just that it's expensive and makes them look more wealthy. (think the lobby of Trump Tower... does that look good?)
    On Diana's armor it tends to look best when it's more like a metallic yellow (which it often is), but if it's actually gold-like then it just sort of bleeds into the red of her costume (like if you take a look at some of Adam Huge's covers).

Personally, I do prefer the metal/silver look from the New 52 because it takes down the number of colors in Diana's color-scheme down from 5 to 4 (the fewer the better in terms of styling, not counting the lasso, thats a separate item) and because the tiara and eagle are then tied to her bracelets which makes the whole thing seem more like a set rather than a bunch of pick and mix items than were just slapped together.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Do you guys think that instead of Diana’s costume being cloth that it’s amaozonian cloth that nothing can get though ? A regular bullet can’t go pass her. I mean if their enchanted it most regular objects shouldn’t harm her. Cheetahs claws should harm her but maybe it should take a bit to claw her costume. It should be her costume protected her whole torso, boots whole legs and tiara her head. Only magic that’s very powerful can harm her but it should be deadly at first
    I'm open to the idea that the Amazons are actually capable of weaving much tougher pieces of cloth than normal people would, it's not that they have better materials, it's just that they can make the weave much finer than normal people could before the industrial age.

There are only 4 colors in the Rebirth costume, red, blue, gold and silver. The New 52 costume had 5, red, white, blue, silver and the gold of the lasso.

Outside's point is that --if you discount the presence of the lasso --Diana's overall color scheme distills down to red, silver and blue, which sets her apart from Superman's red blue and yellow. This was clearly a design direction to give each hero a distinct kit. I think to a certain extent it was successful. Obviously it wasn't in the long run.

I'm surprised no one's suggesting just making the bracelets gold. Seems like the simplest solution to me.

I can't even say people are going to associate the Wonder Woman costume with the American flag anymore following the success of the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Outside's point is that --if you discount the presence of the lasso --Diana's overall color scheme distills down to red, silver and blue, which sets her apart from Superman's red blue and yellow. This was clearly a design direction to give each hero a distinct kit. I think to a certain extent it was successful. Obviously it wasn't in the long run.

I'm surprised no one's suggesting just making the bracelets gold. Seems like the simplest solution to me.
    Exactly, not only was there a bit too much similarity to Superman's color palette, but as I said there was just too many different colors in it.

For me, I would still say thats because gold looks terrible, and the place it looks worst of all is on or near white skin where it almost disappears.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Does her color scheme need to match all the way down tho? I personally never found it a design issue to mix gold with silver, although I see what people are getting at. In that case, I wouldn't mind if she had gold bracelets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Does her color scheme need to match all the way down tho? I personally never found it a design issue to mix gold with silver, although I see what people are getting at. In that case, I wouldn't mind if she had gold bracelets.
    I may be thinking in MMO and RPG ways about it, but I like it when a set of something looks like it all came from the same place and is meant to go together like the various armor sets. A complete set of a certain armor always looks great, but change a piece of it and looks silly and wrong.

And in Diana's case, it sort of felt like she had 4/5 pieces of one set and found a substitute for the last piece (either the bracelets or the tiara). Aside from my personal dislike of gold, I felt the silver just stands out better, both against the red of her costume, but also against her skin and hair.