Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    anyone have any scans of her fighting? like at all? this hasn't really come up a lot so i'm curious as to how good she really is.
    She has a lot, is there anything I mentioned that you'd want to see?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    She has a lot, is there anything I mentioned that you'd want to see?
    just any really.

What's that support to mean exactly? Cap would demolish Storm I hope no one disagrees with that, and I certainly hope you don't think these two could contend with him either.
    Really? Because you said this:

but she has contended/beaten highly skilled people like the Dora Milaje as well as opponents with peak human to enhanced level stats like Callisto, Vampires and Crimson Commando (and she was fatigued and hurt before that fight).
    It doesn't seem to match with that you want to give yourself the qualifier of that you're not saying Storm totally could take on the higher end sorts of the hand to hand combat people, particularly when you're talking about Storm having "contended/beaten" peak human sorts even when fatigued and hurt.

Cap is the peak human poster child after all. That's literally the thing the super soldier serum made him.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    just any really.
    Sure thing

End of the fight:

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Really? Because you said this:
    It doesn't seem to match with that you want to give yourself the qualifier of that you're not saying Storm totally could take on the higher end sorts of the hand to hand combat people, particularly when you're talking about Storm having "contended/beaten" peak human sorts even when fatigued and hurt.

Cap is the peak human poster child after all. That's literally the thing the super soldier serum made him.
    First of all there is a big difference between not getting stomped in a battle and winning one, Storm managed to hit BP a few times in AvX but that doesn't mean she could actually beat him. Cap's version of peak human is basically high enhanced or superhuman, I don't have much knowledge of him but I've seen some crazy feats that are way out of the peak range like hurting 100 tonners and insane durability feats like jumping out of a plane and landing with no injury and tanking Gambit exploding his armor among other things. Storm and Cyclops are basically closer to actual peak humans since Marvel states they are Olympic level, so Storm managing to affect other peak humans or enhanced isn't so unbelievable but Cap is the special exception. I mean just compare him to another peak human and there's obviously a big difference. So there's his stats then he knows pressure points, has taken down much stronger opponents, much more skilled...I don't need to go any further.

There have literally been countless discussions about this, I've even heard people claim he's superhuman at this point and honestly they have the feats to prove it. It's not fair at all for you to claim I'm delusional using my claim to make it appear as though I think she can beat Cap because he is supposed to be peak human, but his feats suggest otherwise. I don't understand why you asked me this, the fact that you did ask shows you know of his insane feats that proves he would stomp her so why would you think I'd think different?

Cap's version of peak human is basically high enhanced or superhuman
    Not really, Cap's version of peak human is about what peak humans in comic books do. See Batman and a variety of comparable to Cap stuff he busts out, that sort of person.

, I don't have much knowledge of him but I've seen some crazy feats that are way out of the peak range like hurting 100 tonners
    We don't particularly count that as having any validity around here as far as standards for weighing performances, it's not like doing so particularly fits in with Cap's more usually presented capacity, along with a few other things noted there. Like Spiderman managing to physically punch out a guy who gets into outer space fights with Thor and the Silver Surfer, some things don't so much stretch a sense of credulity one tries to have around these things as shatter it apart.

He also once punched out the Hulk with a mild assist from Spiderman. No one in these parts really puts a lot of stock in that either.

Storm and Cyclops are basically closer to actual peak humans since Marvel states they are Olympic level
    That would make them considerably below the sort of stuff people enhanced to peak human capacity do in comics.

There have literally been countless discussions about this, I've even heard people claim he's superhuman at this point and honestly they have the feats to prove it.
    I think it's interesting that your dodge here is "well Captain America is actually superhuman, so just because I'm saying Storm can take on and beat peak humans when fatigued and injured doesn't mean I'm saying that includes Cap", even though there's comics right into the modern era stating that the Captain America enhancement package makes one into the peak of humanity in capacity, is what I'm getting at. Statements basically ultimately have logical implications, and the ways around them are often few.

I don't understand why you asked me this, the fact that you did ask shows you know of his insane feats that proves he would stomp her so why would you think I'd think different?
    Because you stated people operated at the comic book peak of humanity are the sort of people Storm can take on and best while tired and injured? And Cap is like the archetype and defining standard of said people?

Basically I find a certain parallel in going "based on a really generous view of Storm's absolute best performances as a fighter, no matter how well they fit to anything" alongside "but that doesn't mean I'm including Cap, based on a really generous view of his absolute best performances, no matter how well they fit to anything."

I mean just compare him to another peak human and there's obviously a big difference.
    As otherwise noted, Batman, to jump over a company. The big differences there come down to Cap being somewhat stronger (not hugely though) and that he tires more slowly. Otherwise, not a whole lot.

BANNED

Considering they are personally trained by Black Panther and are Wakanda's finest warriors I'd think they should be pretty high up there but I'm not really a BP reader so can't say for sure.
    Those are not actual feats of skill.
    "They should" is not always in the same country as "they are".

Storm’s victories tend to get massively over-played. She has quite an army of fans who, more than fans of any other character I can think of, tend to get very irately defensive when it’s suggested that she’s not quite as awesome as they think she is, or that she could be beaten by certain other characters (I’m not suggesting you’re one of those fans, by the way, but it is often the way that Storm threads have tended to go in the past). It wasn’t helped by a period in the mid-to-late 80s when for some reason Chris Claremont started writing some of his female X-characters like they were basically perfect warriors (or Claremazons as they came to be known), and Storm was the pinnacle of that.

And some of the victories you’ve mentioned are a big part of that.

As far as I’m concerned, the Callisto fight (smack bang in the middle of peak Claremazon era) was basically bullshit. You have someone who has fought her entire life, and whose power set is entirely based around her being a peak human fighter, and is on her own territory, and who had doubtless had a number of this specific type of duel before. And then you have somebody who was physically nothing special (in comic terms), had barely ever before been shown to have much H2H combat prowess, and while they’d had a lot of training in the danger room (for probably a couple of years in Marvel time), that was mostly about using her powers most effectively in battle, and who was now only very recently deprived of those powers and was only just starting to learn how to cope without them. And guess which one is somehow written as the winner.

And then you have Crimson Commando (coupled with Super Sabre and Stonewall) who she fought, still unpowered, alongside Wolverine against. OK, so Commando was now many years past his peak, supposedly l-Captain-America level, physical condition. But this was a guy who was still fighting against superhumans based purely on his way-up-there physical condition and his combat proficiency. And again, Storm comes out on top. I mean even aside from the fact that Super Sabre alone should have been able to take out both Ororo and Logan based on pure speed.

Vampires, given how they’re presented in Marvel, should be physically tearing Storm apart. But they’re not.

The Dora Milaje are trained from birth to fight and kill the finest fighters on the planet, and to be able to give Black Panther a good fight. And yup... Storm beats ‘em.

I mean these days she’s certainly established as being a competent fighter, but she’s not even a mid-tier combatant, skills-wise. Someone like Silver Sable, who is nowhere near the top echelon, should destroy her.

By Rumbles standards, either of the two opponents she’s facing in this thread would beat her on their own, let alone together, and certainly with an instant-stagger weapon.

Does Storm have any definitive h2h losses we can use to cap her ability?

As little sense as it might make character-wise, if she has a history of holding her own in fights against impressive opposition and nothing to explicitly suggest they are outliers, don't we just have to give it to her?

Mighty Member

Against either of the kids individually? Ororo can put up a fight although the odds are not in her favor if she is taken seriously.

Both? Nope.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    Does Storm have any definitive h2h losses we can use to cap her ability?

As little sense as it might make character-wise, if she has a history of holding her own in fights against impressive opposition and nothing to explicitly suggest they are outliers, don't we just have to give it to her?
    Yeah, it's a fair question. Alternatively, what are the actual feats for Callisto? Or these Dora Milage? Because just because someone has been trained by Black Panther or fighting all their life, that's less relevant than feats. Saitama is the cartoonish example of someone who is inexplicably that good, but there are plenty of other examples.

I don't know jack about the Avatar gang, and I'm not suggesting Storm is a peak human type.

Dora Milage, someone add it to the League.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Dora Milage, someone add it to the League.
    It’s how far Dora the Explorer travels.

And I’m totally using “Dora may vary.” in future Rumbles.

Mighty Member

I honestly don't remember Korra doing a lot in purely hand-to-hand combat. I don't remember her doing anything that made me think she's out of Storm's league in that respect. Storm might actually have stronger H2H feats than Korra.

since Korra has been deprived of roughly 95% of her usable feats for the sake of this rumble... I'd pick her as the weakest link in terms of offense. she does have a super-human damage soak, though. so even if she doesn't have feats of H2H skills she could just eat Storm's kicks and punches like they're a light afternoon snack while Asami deals out the actual damage.

if we're just talking H2H feats Asami could probably beat both Korra and Storm at the same time more often than not.