Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Post crisis Firestorm has phasing as well.
    Indeed, but he needs to think to activate it. So Vision still has a chance to zap him before he finishes the phasing.

Honestly, you could replace Firestorm with any glass cannon who can wreck Vision in one shot. Unless Vision has enhanced machine reaction time?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Indeed, but he needs to think to activate it. So Vision still has a chance to zap him before he finishes the phasing.

Honestly, you could replace Firestorm with any glass cannon who can wreck Vision in one shot. Unless Vision has enhanced machine reaction time?
    Vision also needs to think, activate the power and the beam has to reach Ronnie before he thinks phase. Doesn't seem likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Vision also needs to think, activate the power and the beam has to reach Ronnie before he thinks phase. Doesn't seem likely.
    Eh, whatever. Replace Ronnie with someone else then.

Incidently, I'm reading some DC stuff from the library. The Extinction Machines, the first Rebirth JLA volumes, has some excellent feats right off the bat as the world gets deceased by global quakes.

Superman is solving crises across the globe faster than Cyborg's media scans can keep up with him. I

Flash searches a collapsing skyscraper and pulls a kid out in the time it takes a woman to drop a water bottle.

Cyborg stops a subway train in under 30 feet. In the previous issues he was opening hundreds of boom tubes at once.

Simon Baz basically stops Beijing from collapsing from the Earthquake, basically cementing the city back together, and being able to leave the constructs there while he goes to other cities. He then proceeds to evacuate every citizen of a flooded Hong Kong. He was holding off a tsunami until something sabotaged his ring.

Jessica Cruz, despite not being able to make constructs or been trained by Guy Gardner yet, then pushes all the water out of Hong Kong and forms a new coastline to keep it from flooding again.

I was pleased to see come concrete feats from the rookie Lanterns. Best feat I picked up on from the GLC volume I read was John Stewart being able to yank a city block or so down on people's heads, and the ring doing some pretty sophisticated global genetic scanning.

Captain America - Batman (I realise Bruce’s gear makes this difficult, but Steve would take out Canary straight away)
    Iron Man - Steel
    Thor - Orion
    Hulk - ??? Barda, maybe? Looking for someone who’s a brick but not a superspeedbrick
    Hank Pym - Ray Palmer
    Wasp - ?? Fire?
    Scarlet Witch - Zatanna
    Quicksilver - Red Tornado
    Vision - Cyborg
    Hawkeye - Duh. Green Arrow
    Black Panther - Feels like Nightwing or someone of that ilk, but even that’s tricky. There’s no point in looking at Canary, Blue Beetle (Ted), Scott Free or anyone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Captain America - Batman (I realise Bruce’s gear makes this difficult, but Steve would take out Canary straight away)
    Iron Man - Steel
    Thor - Orion
    Hulk - ??? Barda, maybe? Looking for someone who’s a brick but not a superspeedbrick
    Hank Pym - Ray Palmer
    Wasp - ?? Fire?
    Scarlet Witch - Zatanna
    Quicksilver - Red Tornado
    Vision - Cyborg
    Hawkeye - Duh. Green Arrow
    Black Panther - Feels like Nightwing or someone of that ilk, but even that’s tricky. There’s no point in looking at Canary, Blue Beetle (Ted), Scott Free or anyone like that.
    Canary has the cry though, which is a huge advantage.

If you're gonna use Nightwing he should be fighting Cap instead of Panther. Panther is basically peak human and can fight evenly with Cap, and then has a bunch of gear much like Batman.

Edit: Also, Ironman beats Steel 10/10. People keep trying to match folks up based on theme or gender. But the challenge isn't name a roster with similar schticks, it's name a roster that you can flip a coin for winning.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 10-07-2017 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Canary has the cry though, which is a hug advantage.
    Canary does need a hug, sometimes, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Canary does need a hug, sometimes, yes.
    She's certainly more likely to get hugs if she keeps crying.

I haven't really followed the JL but my best picks for hopefully close fights..

Captain America - Batman
    Ironman - Cyborg
    Thor - Orion
    Hulk - Etrigan
    Hank Pym - Blue Beetle
    Wasp - Aztek
    Scarlet Witch - Zatanna
    Quicksilver - Aquaman
    Vision - Geo-force
    Hawkeye - Green Arrow
    Black Panther - Hawkman
    Last edited by Crawfo; 10-07-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Eh. No one is throwing in Hawkman, Vixen, Black Lighting, or Faith?
    Hawkman is a good match for Panther.
    Black lighting maybe for Pietro.
    Faith for, um, Scarlet witch? Not sure Scarlet is strong or weak enough, since her power varies widely.

Vixen got wonked out eventually, but before her totem thing got scrapped for basically power possession, I think I shed have been a good match for Pietro.