Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Now all we need is an Iron Man comic partnering with Lockheed Martin, lol.

"Don't you dare make them change my name, flyboy."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    You are confuse that more than one type of people read comics?
    Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people really wanted to read this! You thought Rebirth sold a lot of copies, wait until this thing comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    To all those who have a problem with weapon manufacturers, what should the U.S. (or any other country) use to protect itself in the event of a foreign threat? Hugs? Kind words?
    We could continue to purposely destabilize other countries. We could make some mean tweets about North Korea. I'm sure that the indiscriminate bombing raids are keeping us safe. And we'll have a wall soon. But do you think that weapons manufacturers are interested in peace? They are all well-meaning patriots, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I know, right?

"That seems in poor taste."

"OMG, intolerant liberal outrage stomping all over mah freedomz!"

"Dude, you've got spittle going on there. Dial it back. You're at 9 and a half, this rates a 4, tops."
    actually its the complete opposite.

"Marvel is getting kids to build drones!"

"What? No. It's just a promotional book for STEM stuff. Plus they do stuff like this all the time.

"NO! MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX! WEAPONS OF WAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    We could continue to purposely destabilize other countries. We could make some mean tweets about North Korea. I'm sure that the indiscriminate bombing raids are keeping us safe. And we'll have a wall soon. But do you think that weapons manufacturers are interested in peace? They are all well-meaning patriots, right?
    I like how you pretend the USSR didn't destabilize countries ever nope. There was no reason why the US backed people in the cold war no opposing side

Mighty Member

actually its the complete opposite.

"Marvel is getting kids to build drones!"

"What? No. It's just a promotional book for STEM stuff. Plus they do stuff like this all the time.

"NO! MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX! WEAPONS OF WAR!"
    If you can't tell the difference between the National Guard and a company that profits from war and conflict, I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    If you can't tell the difference between the National Guard and a company that profits from war and conflict, I don't know what to tell you.
    If you joing the air force you might use drones

Dones get used for scouting ect

You're moving goalposts dude

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dancougar View Post
    If you joing the air force you might use drones

Dones get used for scouting ect

You're moving goalposts dude
    How did I move goalposts? Do you think that companies that profit from conflict and the U.S. military are the same thing?

you think soldiers work for free?

BTW, they dont only make stuff for war, this was the point of this partnership. All of you complaining about NG probably used something from them through some other company that buys their stuff.

Mighty Member

you think soldiers work for free?

BTW, they dont only make stuff for war, this was the point of this partnership. All of you complaining about NG probably used something from them through some other company that buys their stuff.
    Of course soldiers don't work for free, but they definitely don't get paid enough to say that they profit. Their paychecks are insanely small compared to the risks they take and the issues they have to deal with then they're discharged.

BANNED

How did I move goalposts? Do you think that companies that profit from conflict and the U.S. military are the same thing?
    If someone's problem with this is that a division of a company makes things that can also be used to kill people, shouldn't they also be pissy about the other thing?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    If someone's problem with this is that a division of a company makes things that can also be used to kill people, shouldn't they also be pissy about the other thing?
    I would say no, because one of those things does not use destruction and death to enrich themselves. The military exists because the military is necessary. War profiteers exist to get rich.

No moved goalposts, they're just not the same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So hey, apparently, G. Willow Wilson was ready to quit over this. So we definitely dodged a bullet with Marvel canceling the project.
    Talk about grandstanding. The day after it's cancelled she comes out to say she almost quit on a timetable, and was "somewhat apoplectic". That's hilarious. If only it hadn't been axed, maybe months from now she'd be gone.

BANNED

A couple others were too and one did quit. I know Duggan was going to quit.

BANNED

I would say no, because one of those things does not use destruction and death to enrich themselves. The military exists because the military is necessary. War profiteers exist to get rich.

No moved goalposts, they're just not the same.
    So there's nothing wrong Marvel working with the organization that does actually kill people, but there is something wrong with them working with the company that works with them? Even if they aren't focused on that side of said companies business, it's still wrong. How does this make any sense? And it's like meant to be a recruitment thing too right? I'd say trying to recruit kids into the military is worse than trying to recruit them into STEM.