Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Was literally anyone expecting this comic to be any good?

The greatest irony is that that only reason we can lament about the evils of the military complex on this forum is because of DARPA and the ARPANET.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    No, we've moved on to bemusement over the outrage.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    The comic was done by Fabian Nicieza and Sean Chen. It would have been a fun read at least.

It was an incredibly stupid thing to do. To be honest, it made me sad that even marvel, once famous for spotlighting nuclear disarmament (hulk) and civil rights (x-men) is just part of the industrial machine now. It's a sad statement on our times and perhaps a sign that marvel has gotten too big.

Even worse, they're getting kudos for cancelling the event but I don't think they have actually cancelled the partnership so we will need to keep an eye on future pro-war stuff in our comics going forward. Maybe we always should have done that

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    No, we've moved on to bemusement over the outrage.
    Tbh I think we’ve moved on to amusement at the outrage over the criticism of the partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It was an incredibly stupid thing to do. To be honest, it made me sad that even marvel, once famous for spotlighting nuclear disarmament (hulk) and civil rights (x-men) is just part of the industrial machine now. It's a sad statement on our times and perhaps a sign that marvel has gotten too big.

Even worse, they're getting kudos for cancelling the event but I don't think they have actually cancelled the partnership so we will need to keep an eye on future pro-war stuff in our comics going forward. Maybe we always should have done that
    Jesus christ dude it was something on STEM

How do you know the message would be remotely pro war? Next you're going to get mad over the next usarmy collab or police collab

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I wonder if this would have been better if they focused on technological advances that did spotlight on other aspects of developement projects that researches and develops like technological advances that are not viewed or used as weapons of war ,and that encourages people to keep exploring their ideas.

Growing up and reading comics in the late 80s and 90s i remember people were open to kids reading and sharing ideas. I remember reading old F.F. comics and going to school and asking my science teacher what are unstable molecules?

Perhaps refining the idea and highlighting how the partnership can bridge multiple organization to form a goal that highlights the best aspects of both corporations.

BTW i understand why people are against this team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    There's nothing here that states NG weapons were used for this event.

I went to the Saudi Airforce wikipedia and from the list of planes and only one plane from the 1960s came close. It was when Northrop was it's own company. And it's used for training pilots.

So you are going to have to look at little harder at this than, "stock numbers went up." as a link that NG was involve to the degree that pic is stating.
    I'm not sure how much research you did when writing that because this was the second thing to pop up after a quick google search.

https://www.thenational.ae/business/...-sales-1.18161

And Northrop Grumman has to be providing something to be "Northrop supplies parts to Lockheed Martin’s F-35 fighter jets and has already struck “hundreds of millions” of dollars in deals within the region over the past three years, said Walid Abukhaled, the chief executive for the Middle East, in an interview yesterday with The National."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This again.

All the knee jerk reactions are what I expect from the keyboard warriors who forget that companies like NG supply the necessary tools for you to have your freedom and be so "outraged".
    I think someone else might have brought it up but "military-industrial complex".

BANNED

To all those who have a problem with weapon manufacturers, what should the U.S. (or any other country) use to protect itself in the event of a foreign threat? Hugs? Kind words?

Marvel are amazingly quick to react to the 'backlash' against their partnership with N.G., considering how slow they've been to react to fan feedback about the state of their books over the past year. Amazing what a few angry tweets from ill-informed people who probably hadn't even heard of N.G. yesterday can accomplish!

This is stupid. Everything is stupid. Nicieza is a better writer than anybody currently at Marvel and now we aren't going to get a story he's already written because of roughly 50 people upset on Twitter. (Yes, I counted) Substantially more people are angry about Marvel replacing their classic characters or radically changing them for no reason and you don't see them stopping that. Instead, they're doubling down and sales will continue to fall.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 10-07-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

So hey, apparently, G. Willow Wilson was ready to quit over this. So we definitely dodged a bullet with Marvel canceling the project.

This whole thing was hilarious to read.
    Happy Marvel made the right choice and cancelled it, especially if they were gonna lose some good creators like G. Willow Wilson over it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So hey, apparently, G. Willow Wilson was ready to quit over this. So we definitely dodged a bullet with Marvel canceling the project.
    Who cares shes not even that good a writer there would be no net loss

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    To all those who have a problem with weapon manufacturers, what should the U.S. (or any other country) use to protect itself in the event of a foreign threat? Hugs? Kind words?

Marvel are amazingly quick to react to the 'backlash' against their partnership with N.G., considering how slow they've been to react to fan feedback about the state of their books over the past year. Amazing what a few angry tweets from ill-informed people who probably hadn't even heard of N.G. yesterday can accomplish!
    An answer to this is blunt.
    No. That would be stupid.

However the answer to this is that it did not state its intentions clearly enough that it didn't expressly state what its intentions was during the initial information slew (presuming when based off of when I heard it last night and no one had an answer as to why both companies partnered). As Northrop Grumman is a weapons manufacturer, and the advertisements had been left vague with a comparison between the fictional weapons of war, and a company that actually produces weapons with a slogan that asked its viewer to dream of the future potential, then it becomes easy to make a connection. Not to mention the comic utilized characters on the cover whom had been products of the United States warmachine. It's not wrong to work for these companies as they do other things, but being an all ages product that is for a company whom primarily operates in weapons is a move that isn't entirely thought through. It's not wrong to do so, but its not a good idea to promote war profiteering to an all ages audience as that can lead places the next generation really should not go.

Is it STEM or is it Aerospace? Even long after the reason why partnership was made I still don't know what exactly this was trying to accomplish and with a company like this you need to make your intentions clear as otherwise people aren't going to get it. The information stream did not flow clear enough that this could be written off.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Bye Bye

10 char
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime