Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Congratulation all.

You have now stopped Marvel from helping to get people into STEM fields.
    While my personal guilt at mocking Marvel for this partnership and thereby in my own insignificant way making a tiny contribution to destroying its wonderful potential is overwhelming, I would humbly suggest that there may be other organisations that Marvel might seek to partner with to achieve this laudable aim.

Other than one of the world’s largest arms manufacturers, that is.

All is not lost! While it’s obviously not easy to find a partner in the STEM field that isn’t an arms manufacturer that also lists Saudi Arabia as a partner (http://www.grumman.com/AboutUs/OurGl...s/default.aspx) I suggest that if Marvel looks very, very hard, it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    From Cup O'Joe panel:

Or Quesada is not being honest or there is a miscomunication problem inside Marvel.
    Let me tell you how this happened.

Some one at NG contacted the Marvel marketing department and ask if they would do a promotional comic. That person went to the marketing boss and that guy said cool because that's their job. So they went and pass it to some editorial team to set up the book. The end.

JQ could've just seen this in a list of stuff being done and didnt look past surface level.

People seem to forget that Marvel is a big business. This is not a mom and pop shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, people not buying Unstoppable Wasp did that.
    No, the bad writing did that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It had the MCU incarnations on the cover. The movie lore argument I'm making is because that is what is being used to promote the product. They would've used the movies as an entry point for young readers into the promotion of weapons manufacturing because that's the imagery they would've used to get a potential buyer's attention. It didn't make sense for what was being used to promote this comic because it wasn't a comic lore thing to get readers attention but the mainstream movie incarnations.

Regardless it was an awful decision and someone at Marvel clearly didn't think this through or the company has a major miscommunication problem.
    There's nothing that states this is MCU. This is just one of the many things people cobbled up to hate on this.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 10-07-2017 at 12:28 PM.

All-New Member

So more outraged liberals stop something because it doesnt appeal to their preferences, yet the same people will scream intolerance when other people try and do the same thing. sad, but the way of the world these days.

iMan 42s

They use the MCU character designs on the cover.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Lol who in the world thought this was a good idea? Maybe the corporate part of Marvel should go back and re-watch Iron Man (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    So more outraged liberals stop something because it doesnt appeal to their preferences, yet the same people will scream intolerance when other people try and do the same thing. sad, but the way of the world these days.
    Riight because conservatives would never try to stop something because it doesn't appeal to their preferences. I can't possibly think of any recent outrage over political speech.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Riight because conservatives would never try to stop something because it doesn't appeal to their preferences. I can't possibly think of any recent outrage over political speech.
    Good point. I need to take a knee and think about this

Congratulation all.

It's a real shame that Northrop-Grumman is the only STEM organization in the US. There is literally no other organization Marvel could work with to encourage people to get into STEM. Not one. The only possible option they had available was an arms manufacturer tied into the Military-Industrial Complex. Why, oh why could there not be any STEM organizations without close military ties!

minipalm (2).jpg

Meanwhile, when marvel puts out books that focus on encouraging kids to get into STEM - books like Moon Girl or Unstoppable Wasp - they inevitably get criticized as "SJW" and whatever. I guess if Nadia had been designing missiles, though, that would have been better?

Anyway, screw NG. Screw the Military-Industrial Complex.

Congratulation all.

Good. The less people making ICBMs the better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Good. The less people making ICBMs the better.
    With an attitude like that, we'll never find new ways to blow people up.

What the hell I don't see anything wrong with building weapons for the U.S. Military. Now I do believe this was tone deaf given they cancel the Punisher and then announce this it just makes them look like unorganized fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    The difference is while conservatives may try to stop something that doesn't appeal to their preferences but more often than not liberals succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What the hell I don't see anything wrong with building weapons for the U.S. Military. Now I do believe this was tone deaf given they cancel the Punisher and then announce this it just makes them look like unorganized fools.
    There's nothing wrong with that. I mean people seem to think everyone should just hold hands and sing 'Kumbaya' while national security threats grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is just confusing to me what marvel thought the response to something like this would be. They have spent the last 10 years really playing up to the left leaning social justice crowd and then to think that same crowd would be ok with this? That is just flat out not knowing your audience on any level.
    Well they should consider broadening their base.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    USA! USA! USA! You're either with us or against us!