Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    BANNED

Hey, so I know someone brought him up before in regards to fixing what Eobard did in the past, but why didn't Booster do anything about Eobard in general? The guy's from he future. EVERYTHING he does is messing with the past. The second he was brought back to life, Rip should have had Booster deal with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Hey, so I know someone brought him up before in regards to fixing what Eobard did in the past, but why didn't Booster do anything about Eobard in general? The guy's from he future. EVERYTHING he does is messing with the past. The second he was brought back to life, Rip should have had Booster deal with him.
    Didn't Rip's board have a tease to Flashpoint? I'm pretty sure it did.

I know right after Thawne came back to life they had him locked up in Iron Heights along with Zoom (man what a dynamic that could've been), so there wasn't much reason for Booster to do anything unless Rip wanted to throw Thawne back to his own time for the umpteenth time. Then Flashpoint happened and Booster didn't really do anything.

In another world there would probably have been a version of Flashpoint that had Flash and Booster teaming-up to fix things, or maybe Booster would've been with Barry's group (Thomas Wayne, Cyborg, etc.)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's been a long time since I read the story, but if I recall correctly.....

Thawne was brought back to life by the White Lantern entity at the end of Blackest Night, circa 2010 or so. He then ran into the past and killed Nora Allen, then ran into 2009 so he could rub it in Barry's face (Barry having just returned at that point). Barry wouldn't go back to fix things until 2011, when he caused the Flashpoint.

So it was roughly two years between Flash Rebirth and Flashpoint, but comics work at a different pace than the real world. I'd say that for Barry, it was anywhere from six months to a year between him learning that Thawne was responsible for killing Nora and his going back to stop it. Not a "ton" of time, but it certainly doesn't lend a sense of urgency to things either. You'd think that a major villain screwing with time would elicit a bigger, more immediate response.
    Was Barry seen anywhere between the final issue of FINAL CRISIS and FLASH: REBIRTH? I'm pretty sure that Barry returned from FINAL CRISIS with his Silver/Bronze Age history intact, but it was likely already changed as of his first appearance in FLASH: REBIRTH # 1. Where did Barry's BLACKEST NIGHT appearances fall?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Was Barry seen anywhere between the final issue of FINAL CRISIS and FLASH: REBIRTH? I'm pretty sure that Barry returned from FINAL CRISIS with his Silver/Bronze Age history intact, but it was likely already changed as of his first appearance in FLASH: REBIRTH # 1. Where did Barry's BLACKEST NIGHT appearances fall?

I think between Flash: Rebirth and the relaunch of his new solo book.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Blackest Night is post Flash:Rebirth (Wally was in his lame suit).

We can assume, though, that Barry returned with his history intact in FC, or that it seemed so because Morrison actually wrote him in character. I personally go with the latter for the sake of simplicity.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I hate time travel nowadays. It causes too many plot issues.

Which probably means we are do for another.

On a side note....
    Where is the capes urgency to repair what the Brat did to Wally? Nothing from Bruce? Superman?
    Did Barry really not know about the pacemaker? I'm surprised it took so long to be brought up in The Flash and there it was Wally2 and not Barry who did so.
    Really dissapointed so far in the (lack of) family being invested in so far...hoping "War" addresses this because the interactions between Barry&Wally&Bart/Wally2 have been mediocre since FLASH: REBIRTH.
    Last edited by Kyer; 10-14-2017 at 05:15 AM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I hate time travel nowadays. It causes too many plot issues.

Which probably means we are do for another.

On a side note....
    Where is the capes urgency to repair what the Brat did to Wally? Nothing from Bruce? Superman?
    Did Barry really not know about the pacemaker? I'm surprised it took so long to be brought up in The Flash and there it was Wally2 and not Barry who did so.
    Really dissapointed so far in the (lack of) family being invested in so far...hoping "War" addresses this because the interactions between Barry&Wally&Bart/Wally2 have been mediocre since FLASH: REBIRTH.
    DC has been loving their time travel stories this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    It didn't seem fundamentally clear to Barry though that it was an "alteration" since his memory was of his mom always being dead. When something changes and you don't notice it, the sense of urgency isn't the same, since it's not like you can remember how it was before. That's just my impression.
    If I recall correctly, Barry learned that Thawne killed Nora during Flash Rebirth. So whether he remembered the "real" timeline or not, this was his greatest enemy killing his mother, screwing up Barry's personal life, and changing history. More than enough reason to make that priority number 1 in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Nothing in the books ever says it, but I've always assumed that Flashpoint was too close and it was generating interference that was throwing off Rip's observations.

You'll note that Rip didn't do anything about Wonder Woman's Odyssey either.

Even if Rip knew about Nora's death, it's the death of one woman and it didn't impact the timestream otherwise. There were bigger threats to keep Booster and Rip's attention.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.