Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Flash War: Wally Classic vs. Barry

http://www.cbr.com/flash-war-barry-a...est/?view=list

I can't but think that this will end badly. Especially since it's in Barry's title.

BANNED

Like I said over in the NYCC thread... this just reeks of DC setting out to confirm once and for all that Barry is best, because the subtle approach they've been using since Barry came back to life wasn't enough.

I wonder what the symbolism of Wally II and Barry's costumes being empty mean? Are the two stuck in the Speed Force? Or is it Wally mulling over his role in the current universe when he can't be Kid Flash or the main Flash anymore?

I'd honestly be more apprehensive about this if Williamson wasn't writing it.

BANNED

This is going to SUUUUUUUUUUCK!

You know what would have made for a better idea for an event called "Flash War?" Have the entire Post-Crisis Flash Family unite together to take on a united Eobard, Hunter and Rival.

BANNED

Given how badly DC has been treating Classic Wally since he return...I have a bad feeling about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You know what would have made for a better idea for an event called "Flash War?" Have the entire Post-Crisis Flash Family unite together to take on a united Eobard, Hunter and Rival.
    Honestly, I'm not sure that's not what it's going to be.

Because I don't think a Barry vs. Wally duel warrants an "event," unless more Flashes were involved. Or being called a "War."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

This probably going to bring back Jay. I'm going to remain optimistic and say this won't ruin Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    This probably going to bring back Jay. I'm going to remain optimistic and say this won't ruin Wally.
    That...could actually be a cool twist .

I also wouldn't be surprised if the teases to the Quick family bear fruition here.

Maybe we'll finally see Grodd too?

Oh boy! DC is going **** on Wally! Again!

Really now, just hoping that I'm wrong about this, but with the obvious preference of Barry, yeah, would be better to just show both of them being awesome together.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Didn't think of that, it would be nice if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Oh boy! DC is going **** on Wally! Again!

Really now, just hoping that I'm wrong about this, but with the obvious preference of Barry, yeah, would be better to just show both of them being awesome together.
    I don't think Williamson personally prefers Barry, even as the guy writing his solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what the symbolism of Wally II and Barry's costumes being empty mean? Are the two stuck in the Speed Force? Or is it Wally mulling over his role in the current universe when he can't be Kid Flash or the main Flash anymore?

I'd honestly be more apprehensive about this if Williamson wasn't writing it.
    I was wondering that too. Is there anymore info on this besides the photo? I will remain optimistic and hope this will be something positive in the Flash universe.

idk, I'm kinda hyped for this story. Those are Wally's suits, not kid Wally or Barry, so this is clearly all about him. And as others have mentioned, this is the perfect place to bring Jay back, or at least lead into his return as a prelude.

Hyped. I really want a good Wally story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The last one I think - that's not Kid Wally's costume, it's Classic Wally's old suit (no white circle), which means it's probably his Flash suit too. (Would have been better to put white lenses in the Flash suit).

Maybe this is where he realises Barry effectively killed his kids with Flashpoint? (However they try to "soften" Barry's role in the N52 reboot, they've still not tried to disconnect it - if Flashpoint hadn't happened, Pandora & Manhattan would never have had the opportunity to **** things up)
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 10-06-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    This is going to SUUUUUUUUUUCK!

You know I'm fond of you I hope, Assam. But I have to say I am so glad I'm not like you as a fan. I'd miss out on so many great stories if I decided they were horrible before I even read a word of them. I'm so glad I'm not that way. I have relatively few hobbies or things I love outside of my work (I do love my work): DC Comics, Houston Rockets, politics, and that's about it.

So I get really happy when the Rockets do well or when Democrats or other liberals do. And, as it is when I see a play (I've said several times here I work in theatre), I always go into a story expecting to love it. As a result I often do love comics I might not have guessed I'd love. And that's all a result of assuming good will on the part of the creators and assuming a comic will be good or great until I am proven wrong. If I walked into plays or opened comic books (or skipped them) expecting to hate them, I'd miss out on so many great comics and plays.

Please don't take this badly as I only mean this in terms of fandom, but I am so glad I am not you. As a fan. In all other ways you seem like a great person and one I enjoy knowing online.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 10-06-2017 at 02:10 PM.