Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

will it he an actual war like Abra kadabra or reverse flash manipulating them or will it be wally vs a negative speed force empowered flash/ the black flash who is gone over the brink? what role will black wally play?it would be co if he was to war against inertia/Bart rather than the older flashes who frankly will run rings around him but he has had some feats under his belt now so maybe its not as one sided as I am thinking but still I don't think he is ready to take on either flash in a war where they are not holding back. it would make it more of a war if each flash had his reverse flash also participating in the war and jay and his reverse flash and some other speedsters like max and Jessie her father also turn up in a similar manner to what we saw in flash rebirth to truly make a war of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hopefully. God knows they need to figure out something to do with him, because they've been spinning their wheels with him since Rebirth.
    Wally holding his Kid Flash and Flash costumes just kind of screams us that he doesn't know what to do with himself at this point (and DC apparently doesn't either).

BANNED

he has come to occupy a role similar to Tims unenviable position post Damian becoming robin.

i'm sure that Jay will finally return to put a stop to all this fussin and a fightin.

What does being "better" even mean? There are several criteria that could be examined to determine which one of them is "better". Are they going to look at all of them? some of them? are they actually going to show which one is "better" in a meaningful, clear and satisfying way?

I am preparing for months of arguments in and after the Flash War story arc.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Always Rakzo

I'd like to think that DC has learned their lesson about what happens when they declare a Flash better than the other.

... Or at the very least I assume that they've learned their lesson about what happens when they declare Barry as the best Flash and therefore they will make Wally the best since nobody will complaint (Hell, Waid has declared that so many times during his work that it became as heavyhanded, if not more, than when John did it with Barry in Flash: Rebirth but barely anyone complaints about it for some reason).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I'd like to think that DC has learned their lesson about what happens when they declare a Flash better than the other.

... Or at the very least I assume that they've learned their lesson about what happens when they declare Barry as the best Flash and therefore they will make Wally the best since nobody will complaint (Hell, Waid has declared that so many times during his work that it became as heavyhanded, if not more, than when John did it with Barry in Flash: Rebirth but barely anyone complaints about it for some reason).
    That's a good point.

Is Barry being declared the best Flash really so much worse than when it was done with Wally? Or does it only seem worse to the Wally fans, even though it's pretty much the same?

Sort of like how Hal being declared the greatest GL both in and out of universe is a bit obnoxious...but Kyle got plenty of transparent shilling as well, to the point where even friggin Dream of the Endless said he'd surpass Hal Jordan. This crap didn't arrive with DiDio and Johns.

Mighty Member

Not to mention it also was done during Bart's brief run as The Flash.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    idk, I'm kinda hyped for this story. Those are Wally's suits, not kid Wally or Barry, so this is clearly all about him. And as others have mentioned, this is the perfect place to bring Jay back, or at least lead into his return as a prelude.
    The red suit in Wally's left hand is Barry's. It's a Post-FLASHPOINT suit with visible segmentation and a chin guard, which was never a component of any Flash costume that Pre-FLASHPOINT Wally has ever worn.

It appears that Barry and the younger Wally are in some kind of distress, and the original Wally must locate and rescue them.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That's a good point.

Is Barry being declared the best Flash really so much worse than when it was done with Wally? Or does it only seem worse to the Wally fans, even though it's pretty much the same?

Sort of like how Hal being declared the greatest GL both in and out of universe is a bit obnoxious...but Kyle got plenty of transparent shilling as well, to the point where even friggin Dream of the Endless said he'd surpass Hal Jordan. This crap didn't arrive with DiDio and Johns.
    "The best" is always the person *presently* carrying the main title. I think that has always been the case, without exception.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    "The best" is always the person *presently* carrying the main title. I think that has always been the case, without exception.
    I dunno, James Robinson managed to balance the importance of every hero that got the mantle in Starman really well.

Astonishing Member

Could Wally(or Barry) be heading for a brief face-heel turn?

Barry getting corrupted makes more sense because he's struggling with the Negative Speed Force right now. Maybe Wally 'death' changes him temporarily or he realizes what he lost.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Like they did with Green Lantern? Robin? Batgirl? Firestorm?

Somewhere John, Kyle, Guy, Cassandra, Stephanie, Jason Rusch and Tim are sitting in the Jobber Restaurant saving a seat for OG Wally.

With John saying "It didn't end well for us either. I lost my whole fan base!"

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Like they did with Green Lantern? Robin? Batgirl? Firestorm?

Somewhere John, Kyle, Guy, Cassandra, Stephanie, Jason Rusch and Tim are sitting in the Jobber Restaurant saving a seat for OG Wally.

With John saying "It didn't end well for us either. I lost my whole fan base!"
    Wait, what? John is currently the leader of the Green Lantern Corps, he just had some pretty cool scenes in Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps.

Kyle starred in critically acclaimed books like Justin Jordan's Green Lantern: New Guardians and Tom King's Omega Men (although the latter was at the expense of his own character admitedly) just a while ago and he also stars now in Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps.

Tim is currently receiving at arc on his own in Detective Comics expressing how important he is (Detective Comics as a whole has other problems).

Stephanie... well, she sucks now but that's hardly DC's fault, that's Tynion's fault.

Jason has as many appearances as Ronnie now so they're equally ignored.

I don't really see the point of this argument, all those characters are still pretty relevant for the most part. Hell, I would say that they're more relevant now than at the beginning of the New 52.

I'm honestly cautiously excited. This could be really good for Wally or really bad. As for the Wally vs Barry debate, I believe they both have their share of strengths and deserve to be celebrated. Of course I wouldn't mind my favorite Flash being touted as the best ever, I think it's better for the already fractured fanbase to just leave that question unanswered.