Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 158
  1. #76
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.
    Posts
    2,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post


    http://www.cbr.com/flash-war-barry-a...est/?view=list

    I can't but think that this will end badly. Especially since it's in Barry's title.
    Oh hell no. (and yes I am aware about profanity rules)
    Oh HELL no!
    WTF does DC think it is doing?!

    I'm sitting here finally hearing stuff about Marvel, Waid, Retailers, and broohaha only to escape for a moment to come to DC Forum for some reasonable fun....and run into this? SERIOUSLY?!

    Oh. Hell. No.

    You know. I'm not going to deal right now. Will come back later and try to find out what is what, why, and wherefore. Just can't deal right now.
    Last edited by Kyer; 10-08-2017 at 12:36 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    They already settled that in REBIRTH # 1: Wally knows it's not Barry, but some entity (Dr. Manhattan) out there.

    I always thought that if Barry and Wally were to have a disagreement about anything, Pre-FLASHPOINT, at least, it would have been Barry's complicity in agreeing to the forced personality makeover given to Dr. Light in IDENTITY CRISIS. Wally was quite shocked at the time that Barry agreed to it, but as Barry was "dead" at the time, Wally didn't have the opportunity to confront Barry on that issue.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Except... thats not true, because Manhattan only created the New 52, Barry was the one who created Flashpoint.

  3. #78
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Except... thats not true, because Manhattan only created the New 52, Barry was the one who created Flashpoint.
    Manhattan was the one who caused the changes of the New 52.

    Barry was about to restore the timeline but then Manhattan, seemingly, started picking and choosing things to keep and take out of the DCU.

  4. #79
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Except... thats not true, because Manhattan only created the New 52, Barry was the one who created Flashpoint.
    ... and Wally, Jay, and every other speedster you could name would have done the same exact thing. None of them would have been selfish, either, because they would have been following the known rules of time travel up to that point. This should be indisputable, but apparently it still is for some reason.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  5. #80
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Was it fair that Barry got yanked off the scene for twenty years while the family was thriving? Fairness cuts both ways.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    10 people for 1 guy? More than fair enough.

  6. #81
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    ... and Wally, Jay, and every other speedster you could name would have done the same exact thing. None of them would have been selfish, either, because they would have been following the known rules of time travel up to that point. This should be indisputable, but apparently it still is for some reason.
    Not only that, but the alternative was...do nothing and let Thawne win, perhaps thereby encouraging Thawne to make even more damaging changes to the timeline later. How would people have viewed Barry then?

    If I were to fault Barry for anything, it would be for not informing Wally, Jay, Bart, etc., about what had happened and recruiting them to help him deal with Thawne. Perhaps had they all gone after Thawne together, a better outcome would have resulted.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 10-08-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  7. #82
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    10 people for 1 guy? More than fair enough.
    Again, the one guy was benched for 20 years or so. If fans wanted more stories with him, they were SOL. What happened to the others may not have been fair, but the real Wally is back, Jay is returning and maybe Bart at some point in the future. And they weren't absent for as long as Barry was.

  8. #83
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    10 people for 1 guy? More than fair enough.
    @you and HAN9000: if the basic premise of your argument is that every other speedster should be around, but Barry must necessarily be dead forever, then sorry: there really isn't a reasonable path forward in this discussion.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  9. #84
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Not only that, but the alternative was...do nothing and let Thawne win, perhaps thereby encouraging Thawne do make even more damaging changes to the timeline later. How would people have viewed Barry then?
    I agree. Barry did the right thing, but the rules had been changed on him.

    If I were to fault Barry for anything, it would be for not informing Wally, Jay, Bart, etc., about what had happened and recruiting them to help him deal with Thawne. Perhaps had they all gone after Thawne together, a better outcome would have resulted.
    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I also agree with that, BA.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  10. #85
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    @you and HAN9000: if the basic premise of your argument is that every other speedster should be around, but Barry must necessarily be dead forever, then sorry: there really isn't a reasonable path forward in this discussion.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Especially when, after the TV show and upcoming movie appearances, the rest of them would go before Barry.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  11. #86
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Manhattan was the one who caused the changes of the New 52.

    Barry was about to restore the timeline but then Manhattan, seemingly, started picking and choosing things to keep and take out of the DCU.
    Yes, on Barry's way back Manhattan may have done something... though in canon it was Pandora, but who the hell can keep track of John's calendar any longer? Point is still that Barry is the original sinner, he was the one who went back in time to save his mom while every timetraveller with a god complex decided to jump at the opportunity.

    And good luck to him finding and remembering every single change Zoom did in order to keep Barry depowered and his own life from the 25th century in one piece.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    ... and Wally, Jay, and every other speedster you could name would have done the same exact thing. None of them would have been selfish, either, because they would have been following the known rules of time travel up to that point. This should be indisputable, but apparently it still is for some reason.
    If you are willing to change the world or the course of history just for your personal benefit, then it is selfish, that's practically the definition of the word. No one, and I mean, absolutely no one, benefited from Barry's mom being alive, other than Barry.

  12. #87
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    If you are willing to change the world or the course of history just for your personal benefit, then it is selfish, that's practically the definition of the word. No one, and I mean, absolutely no one, benefited from Barry's mom being alive, other than Barry.
    And Barry's dad, who was framed for her murder and spent his life in prison because of it.

    But the point is is that Nora's death was an aberration to begin with because Thawne went back in time to do it.

    Ordinarily Barry would be able to set things right, but DC apparently like emphasizing that Barry has a dead mom.

  13. #88
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post

    I also agree with that, BA.
    I think a common theme at DC is when heroes choose to go it alone instead of relying on teamwork with their allies, things usually go pear-shaped in a hurry. Batman has plenty of experience with this (but seems to finally be learning from it).

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  14. #89
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I could imagine Wally being quite ticked off if he remembers he had;
    A) a high standing among his superhero colleges
    B) a wife he loved
    C) kids he loved even more

    And all of that was wiped out because Barry was selfish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    They already settled that in REBIRTH # 1: Wally knows it's not Barry, but some entity (Dr. Manhattan) out there.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Except... thats not true, because Manhattan only created the New 52, Barry was the one who created Flashpoint.
    I'm gonna have to side with B.A. on this one.

    Even if the New 52 was Barry's fault(and it wasn't), Wally would side by him. And creating Flashpoint? Wally briefly created a reality where the Antimonitor won the Crisis on Infinite Earths battle; he travelled time to rescue an already deceased Linda Park from the Black Flash and, for all intents and purposes, erased the Black Flash from existence (and he was, like, a force of nature needed for the balance yada yada yada).
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  15. #90
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Barry's dad, who was framed for her murder and spent his life in prison because of it.

    But the point is is that Nora's death was an aberration to begin with because Thawne went back in time to do it.

    Ordinarily Barry would be able to set things right, but DC apparently like emphasizing that Barry has a dead mom.
    All of which I think is also one of Johns' rewrites, is it not?

    And in doing so, Thawne eventually made Barry a superhero, that superhero eventually also lead to Wally becoming a superhero and so on and so on.

    If you want to mess around with the timeline for your own personal benefit, you could look at the earlier Superman/Batman: Absolute Power and see how that went.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •