Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Because noone back then could care enough to give Barry a reason for being employed as a CSI tech before it was cool.

Thawne went back into the present day out of his hatred of the Flash due to the effects of the Flash in his own present. Thawne is not some Braniac, he is a madman, and he cannot see that what he is doing is create what he hates so much.

The only question that's relevant here is if Barry would ever have become the Flash if his mother had lived. Flashpoint, as the most recent example, says no.
    h
    People couldn't even remember a fraction what happened during COIE, let alone what actually came before it, where massive chunks of it was rewritten from the ground up, like Superman and Wonder Woman.
    The only reason Thawne went back in time to kill Barry's mom was because of their rivalry reaching it's apex, which preceded him actually going back to actually kill Nora and change the timeline.

Nora was not supposed to be dead.

And Flash continuity was pretty consistently the same after COIE, outside Jay being around, which made sense since it was building on that continuity with Wally becoming The Flash.

No, the first domino to fall was Barry trying to change the state of his mother from dead to alive.
    Which he would not have done if Thawne hadn't killed her in the first place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only reason Thawne went back in time to kill Barry's mom was because of their rivalry reaching it's apex, which preceded him actually going back to actually kill Nora and change the timeline.

Nora was not supposed to be dead.

And Flash continuity was pretty consistently the same after COIE, outside Jay being around, which made sense since it was building on that continuity with Wally becoming The Flash.

Which he would not have done if Thawne hadn't killed her in the first place.
    Killing Nora didn't change the timeline.

It didn't matter that she was dead.

Yes, because Barry was dead and Wally was the new Flash, with new goals, past and all the rest. He did not have to unearth anything Barry put to rest.

Killing Nora didn't change the timeline.

It didn't matter that she was dead.

Yes, because Barry was dead and Wally was the new Flash, with new goals, past and all the rest. He did not have to unearth anything Barry put to rest.
    Well, it changed the timeline so Barry apparently had a dead mom and an imprisoned dad growing up that effected him as The Flash.

And the one-two-punch of Barry trying to change the timeline back is what caused Flashpoint.

BANNED

I wonder if the title "war" is appropriate if all it is about is two persons having a disagreement and patching up immediately. there is a possibility of iris playing a role in their disagreement. maybe Barry thinks its time they met and explain everything and wally is like no way and off he goes with Barry racing to catch wally.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I wonder if the title "war" is appropriate if all it is about is two persons having a disagreement and patching up immediately. there is a possibility of iris playing a role in their disagreement. maybe Barry thinks its time they met and explain everything and wally is like no way and off he goes with Barry racing to catch wally.
    Maybe this will be the story where Iris finally learns about OG Wally?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I just want this to be a big clearing of the air. Everyone resolve their ****.

Iris: "Omg Wally you didn't tell me all this time, you neither Barry, so many $EcReT$"

Wally: "Barry we gotta get Jay back, also where are my children?"

Barry: "My dead mom tho oh no"

NuWally: "Why are there 2 of me? I hate my life"

Just let it all out and establish a nice Flash Family status quo going forward where everyone is on the same page. There is too much unsettled.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Flashpoint.
    I'm getting bad flashbacks of Flashpoint preview ads.
    Where we all thought the story was going to be about something really different than it turned out to be.

As much as I am getting to detest reverse Flash stories, I think it could be a Thawne story.
    Or maybe multiverse Flashes coming looking for blood.
    I dunno.

Just probably going to sit back and wait on this one like I did on Flashpoint.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Maybe this will be the story where Iris finally learns about OG Wally?
    let us hope so though that will probably increase the odds against Barry's chances of a reconciliation with her.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

DC editorial aren't morons, they're not going to go through all the trouble of bringing classic Wally back, and then just kill him or turn him into a villain, they know fans will hate that.

I think there are only two plausible outcomes of this event.

1. Wally West becomes the central Flash, which is essentially what a lot of Wally fans have been hoping for ever since Rebirth staring. Barry Allen is either killed (resurrected very, very quickly) or goes rogue, not a villain mind you, that would piss of Barry fans, but simply becomes somewhat of a diet anti-hero. He probably wouldn't be the anti hero that straight up kills people like the Punisher, he would be sort of like a post Schism Cyclops type of anti-hero.

2. Wally West and Barry Allen realize they are both awesome, and there is no bad blood between them. A Wally West solo title would come out of all of this. Number 2 would probably fit the most with the Rebirth tone.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 10-08-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    DC editorial aren't morons, they're not going to go through all the trouble of bringing classic Wally back, and then just kill him or turn him into a villain, they know fans will hate that.

I think there are only two plausible outcomes of this event.

1. Wally West becomes the central Flash, which is essentially what a lot of Wally fans have been hoping for ever since Rebirth staring. Barry Allen is either killed (resurrected very, very quickly) or goes rogue, not a villain mind you, that would piss of Barry fans, but simply becomes somewhat of a diet anti-hero

2. Both Wally West and Barry Allen realize they are awesome, and there is no bad blood between them. A Wally West solo title would come out of all of this.
    I don't think there is a remote chance of this happening. Wally fans shouldn't have to accept the mediocre stuff that's been done with him so far, but I think it's time it was accepted that he will not be the main Flash again for now (or ever). That time is past.

A Wally solo spinning out of this has a good chance of happening though. They could always got the route that's been proposed on here a few times, make him the Flash of Keystone, but I feel that has the potential danger of falling into a "Nightwing in Bludhaven" situation, and I don't think that'd be a good thing for Wally since it really isn't for Dick. They really need to think outside the box and have him do something completely new.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think there is a remote chance of this happening. Wally fans shouldn't have to accept the mediocre stuff that's been done with him so far, but I think it's time it was accepted that he will not be the main Flash again for now (or ever). That time is past.

A Wally solo spinning out of this has a good chance of happening though. They could always got the route that's been proposed on here a few times, make him the Flash of Keystone, but I feel that has the potential danger of falling into a "Nightwing in Bludhaven" situation, and I don't think that'd be a good thing for Wally since it really isn't for Dick. They really need to think outside the box and have him do something completely new.
    Probably not, but it would still beat his current status quo.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Probably not, but it would still beat his current status quo.
    Oh yes, no disagreement there.

I've said it before, but Wally really needs his own "Agent 37"-scenario with a great creative team. The only problem is, would it be accepted, regardless of quality?

The thing is, Wally is really different from Dick in terms of their circumstances.

Both had to deal with stepping out of their mentors shadows, but Wally had to do it by actually succeeding and surpassing his mentor while Dick just created his own identity. Being The Flash became more intrinsic to who Wally is then being Batman was for Dick.

Wally also has plenty of his own stuff as Flash to make him distinctive from Barry that being the Flash of Keystone would probably be fine as long as they gave that stuff back to him. Certainly none of Wally's most-reccomended run seem as divisive within the fandom as Bludhaven is for Nightwing.

So maybe stop having Barry fight Wally's Rogues or hanging out with his supporting characters (or giving Wally II OG Wally's supporting characters).

Mighty Member

This sounds pretty good.

I've really liked how Williamson has handled Barry so far, and also classic Wally in that one issue he guest starred in. This has the potential to be very interesting, especially as the father/son (or brothers) angle sounds like a disagreement between family, which they are and have always been in one form or another.

I'm not really afraid for Wally in this as long as Williamson is writing it. I am kind of afraid of potential backlash from fandom if this concludes with Wally in a brand new role that they don't like, or ends with Barry still being lead Flash (which is likely).
    Yeah, I definitely agree. The more I think about it the more I'm getting really excited for this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Encouraging news. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks for asking and sharing this news.
    This is very reassuring. It's cool that you got to talk to Williamson and he was happy to clarify these things .
    Yeah, he was great to talk to. Most of the comic writers I've spoken to seem really nice, but he was particularly open and engaging. I decided to speak to him partially to relieve my own anxieties and partially to bring someone back here that would help others not freak out over this. I see I was only partially successful in the later goal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

-For the record, I did not ask about other members of the Flash Family other than Barry, Wally, and NuWally.
    So naturally, that's where I stepped in today

We talked for a good few minutes and I got a lot of the same info Sam delivered regarding Flash War (It's NOT like Civil War, it's the equivalent to a disagreement between best friends, both characters will end it in a good place, etc.) I also got near-confirmation that Wally will NOT be losing the Flash name.

Unsurprisingly for his age, Wally is HIS Flash, he truly, truly loves the Flash Family (I think Sam can concur that his passion is VERY real and blatant) and also part of why he loves Bart, as he was the same age as him when he started reading comics.

Some really nice quotes, not exact: "Not a day goes by that I don't think about bringing Bart back" and "I actually have dreams about restoring the Flash Family."

I asked about Max, and he shared the same passion for him, which I expected. And while I wasn't NOT-expecting it, it was still nice to see that he even had the same passion about Jenni when I asked about her.

For all three, he's nothing but excited, and I really think there are plans in the works for them, since it was obvious that there were things he couldn't say.

Two very interesting things though?

1. Williamson has been talking to Tynion a lot (I think he might have caught himself when he said that and said next that he meant that they talk about the original Young Justice comic) and when someone I talked to at the con talked to Tynion, asking him about Kon, Tynion brought up Bart.

and

2. Hehehehehe....So, I know there are several on this forum who don't care for Iris and Jai west. Personally, I love them and I know plenty of others do as well . And the reaction I got when I asked about them and WHY Wally hasn't mentioned them once was a bit more telling than Williamson's raw passion for the others: He grinned, and covered his mouth. I think these two may be coming back a lot sooner than some of us thought.

And if Williamson has his way, we may just get everyone back.
    Last edited by Assam; 10-08-2017 at 04:54 PM.