View Poll Results: Should Black Wally Get A Name Change?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 65.77%
  • No

38 34.23%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It's possible, but it isn't like reruns of the show won't be airing after the show's demise. It all depends on whether or not African-American Wally becomes well known enough outside our hobby to last. Of course, white Jimmy Olsen was altered racially on TV despite being fairly iconic in his own right. Who knows what will happen down the road?
    The racebending thing, the way DC is doing it, doesn't really work (and is sort of offensive). On the Flash TV show, the Wests fall for the black roulette. On Supergirl, Jimmy Olsen. On DCEU, it's up to Perry White and Deadshot. Meanwhile, in comics and all other media, all of these characters remain white.

That's not really a positive move towards black people inclusion, in the long run, is just black people getting hand me downs. At least with the West family, they seem to be trying to be consistent, as Iris will be black in DCEU also. But Wally will remain a stone on their shoe on this case, I believe. He has a built fandom in comics, not a small one, one that doesn't want Wally to be Kid Flash - regardless of if he is the main Flash or not - and the way they handled the new kid generated a shit-ton of reaction. I really, really doubt the TV show, or even the movies in the doubtful scenario that Wally makes his way into the DCU, will be able to make the kid the "main" Wally in the comics buying audience eyes; at least not for those who care.

Following the same logic, though: could Barry Allen be made asian if the DCEU is a big success?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not happening any time soon. He just got the role officially not too long ago, and DC clearly WANTS a Kid Flash around.

They're not going to make ANOTHER new character while most of the Flash Family is still missing, and of the four other youngsters: They're not gonna have Bart switch back, and in fact my favorite thing about NuWally hands down is that his holding of the Kid Flash mantle means that Bart will almost certainly return as Impulse, Jenni I'd be fine with being Kid Flash, but like Bart, she has her own identity that she'll probably use when she eventually returns, and Iris and Jai, while we have no idea whether they'd have speed, their original powers or no powers when they return, they DON'T have their own codenames...but they'd stick with Wally, not Barry, so that rules them out. Toss in that NuWally, like all teen heroes at this point, can't really age, and he's likely going to be Kid Flash for many years to come.
    Agreed with just about all points.

NuWally can stay Kid Flash. It's a fine mantle for him and I look forward to seeing him grow into the role. We just need an easier way to distinguish between him and OG Wally, so someone needs to get a nickname and quick.

Bart, assuming he returns at all (I think he will at any rate), will likely return to Impulse. Which is great because he never should've been Kid Flash in the first place; it always felt like a regression for him. A regression filled with legacy and honor but still a regression.

Wally's kids, I dont think they'll be back for a lot of reasons.

And if XS returns, it'll be with the Legion in the future so it's a non-issue.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Wally's kids, I dont think they'll be back for a lot of reasons.
    Based on my conversation with Williamson, I think you're wrong. See the Flash War thread for details if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Based on my conversation with Williamson, I think you're wrong. See the Flash War thread for details if you haven't already.
    Oh indeed? I'll have to check that out......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    But Rudy is original Wally's dad's name and his middle name.
    Yes. This is why the idea of New Wally changing his name to Rudy makes any sense at all.

As for the Infinite Wallies idea- BRING IT ON.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    As for the Infinite Wallies idea- BRING IT ON.
    Ok:

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Random idea, what if Walter West suddenly showed up and developed a bond with NuWally, and takes him back to his Universe? Then they could pop up every once in a while. I know it would practically be getting rid of him, but it would fold him into a cherished part of the Flash mythos and pair him with a celebrated multiverse character.

I just think NuWally needs a unique path that recognizes his misfit existence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Random idea, what if Walter West suddenly showed up and developed a bond with NuWally, and takes him back to his Universe? Then they could pop up every once in a while. I know it would practically be getting rid of him, but it would fold him into a cherished part of the Flash mythos and pair him with a celebrated multiverse character.

I just think NuWally needs a unique path that recognizes his misfit existence.
    Thats kinda like saying they could loose him in the Speed Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Thats kinda like saying they could loose him in the Speed Force.
    Bit less harsh.

BANNED

Bit less harsh.
    Is 'I killed him' any different from 'I held his head down in the water till he stopped moving' that different?

Is 'I killed him' any different from 'I held his head down in the water till he stopped moving' that different?
    Geez! I don't wanna kill the boy, just have him move away to college and visit on holidays.

BANNED

Geez! I don't wanna kill the boy, just have him move away to college and visit on holidays.
    Barry was dead after COIE and still visited Wally on rare occasion.

Barry was dead after COIE and still visited Wally on rare occasion.
    True, they'd both be similarly absent, but NuWally could be easily and conveniently on call in a way Barry couldn't be. His visits wouldn't be for divine and saintly guidance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I just got a crazy idea: what if DC plans to merge the two Wallies a la New 52 Superman and Pre-FLASHPOINT Superman? We would get a twentysomething Wally of African-American ethnic heritage, but with all of the original Wally's memories and experiences.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    My response to this would be a spit takes as that would be the most craziest way for DC to be rid of a problem and it would have a HUGE Backlash if it was implemented.

HOWEVER, if they took the route of American Way and have it so that Black Wally would use some type of tech to disguise his true form, then it would be a bit interesting, but a bit less backlash.

Still that's playing close to the edge with this idea.

BANNED

True, they'd both be similarly absent, but NuWally could be easily and conveniently on call in a way Barry couldn't be. His visits wouldn't be for divine and saintly guidance.
    Na, he could be like the Ghost of Christmas past and scare the dung out of the people he visited.