Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Runaways

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm completely fine with the pairing, but I agree that the fallout of spoilers:
    Nico finding out that Jonah killed her sister, followed by Nico "Killing" Johan didn't have as much impact as it could have.
    end of spoilers Things got a little wobbly between the Nico, and Karolina but it could have easily toppled if they wanted to go more dramatic with things.

spoilers:
    I'm also interested in seeing major fallout from the fact that Leslie killed Molly's parents, and is now living in the Hostel.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Incredible Member

I finished this last night, better than season 1 across the board. Much better that they allowed this to be binged. And now... I have nothing to watch atm. I guess I'll check out that interactive netflix black mirror movie later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Alex's mom is a lawyer. Just a corrupt one.
    That's still pretty criminal, and almost the perfect mix of street and political criminalization, at that. Kingpin has a team of such lawyers, but Alex's mom is actually embedded in the government.

A couple years ago, Chicago had a DA just like that -- Anita Alvarez. Once her crimes came to light, she wasn't put away, but she was ousted from office and severely damaged the mayor's office and the chief of police in the process because of all the police-criminals she protected. I wouldn't be surprised if the showrunners took a page from Alvarez' book to write Alex's mom this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Alex's mom is a lawyer. Just a corrupt one. They are turning chases dad into a time traveler instead of gerts parents
    At this point I'm wondering if Alex's mom is worse than his dad. She's at least JUST as bad at this point. Regardless of what she does in her day job, she's clearly a criminal.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At this point I'm wondering if Alex's mom is worse than his dad. She's at least JUST as bad at this point. Regardless of what she does in her day job, she's clearly a criminal.
    Even Darrius recognizes that Catherine is a G. Geoffrey lost it once he got into real estate.

Finished Season 2 now. It was a great improvement (not that I hated Season 1, it just had some room for improvement).
    But man, why did it have to have this cliffhanger ending? Why do ALL shows nowadays do that?

I really hope for a third season.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Finished Season 2 now. It was a great improvement (not that I hated Season 1, it just had some room for improvement).
    But man, why did it have to have this cliffhanger ending? Why do ALL shows nowadays do that?

I really hope for a third season.
    Not just that it was a cliffhanger ending, but the reveal was kinda cheesy, too.

I finished season 2. I liked it and am awaiting the next season.

When they renewed for season 2, they gave them a season 3.

Hulu tends to renew in pairs of seasons as to give shows a chance to end when the interest wanes.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Elizabeth Hurley will play Morgan Le Day in season 3
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06...morgan-le-fay/

That was unexpected.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, it's a little weird. In the comics thread I speculated that le Fay was going to be used as a stand in for Marie Laveau (A character that has history with Nico Minoru) but now I'm really unsure.

With the current speculation that the show might be crossing over with Cloak and Dagger at some point they might be using le Fay to double down on the mysticism. Then they can use Marie Laveau as a mutual villain.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Elizabeth Hurley will play Morgan Le Day in season 3
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06...morgan-le-fay/

That was unexpected.
    That's pretty cool. I would almost expect them to save her for the movies, but Runaways getting her is pretty cool. Nice thing about Runaways is the team is made up of such a diverse group of people, from magic to tech to mutants to aliens to street level guys, that really ANY sort of villain theoretically fits.

I like this choice in actress and character. A mystic side to the MCU TV version. Bring on Ghost Rider. The Runaways ought to be speechless when he first shows up.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I like this choice in actress and character. A mystic side to the MCU TV version. Bring on Ghost Rider. The Runaways ought to be speechless when he first shows up.
    It sounds like Cloak & Dagger are set to appear during Season 3 first.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It sounds like Cloak & Dagger are set to appear during Season 3 first.
    The idea of some cross over stuff would be pretty cool. Maybe magic can sort of bridge together several TV shows. Maybe have Morgan float over into multiple shows.