Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Runaways

I noticed in the titles that Vaughan is consulting on the series. That's a good sign. I've only had time to watch one episode, and liked it so far. The next 2 are up for tonight.

I wish I enjoyed the first three episodes as much as you all. They were WAY too slow paced for me. Especially the first episode. Third episode I enjoyed better and I am really hopeful it's up from there.

Positives:
    -The parents all seem like pretty spot on casting, especially the Wilders and the Minorus.
    -I like the whole Church of Gibborim set up.
    -I like that the Runaways' personalities are largely in tact, and I like that they've kept Chase's relationship with his father.

Negatives:
    -Pacing seems pretty bad. Way too slow. Making episode 2 a flashback episode was, in my opinion, a big mistake.
    -Acting seems questionable to me, but I'm hoping it improves as the kids grow into their characters. The parents have largely been pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I assume it's every tuesday since these went up on tuesdays.
    Ok thanks.....

I assume it's every tuesday since these went up on tuesdays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ok thanks.....
    I looked it up and it says the next batch is coming out the 28th.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Probably my favourite live action Marvel show after Daredevil season 1 right now. In terms of adaptation, they've really outdone themselves at keeping what is integral and changing and expanding the plot in ways that dont feel dragged out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Probably my favourite live action Marvel show after Daredevil season 1 right now. In terms of adaptation, they've really outdone themselves at keeping what is integral and changing and expanding the plot in ways that dont feel dragged out.
    Totally agree, some people seem to think it drags and is slow in parts.. maybe I just have a better attention span because it never seemed sluggish and slow to me. "The Wolverine," now THAT was slow.

I want to like it because it tries very hard, though it's quite derivative and I can't say I loved the rush to a rape storyline to push a character arc forward. A lot of the emo stuff feels like a parody, or at the very least too forced to ring true.
    I really like the synth score, but am utterly baffled why it has one - are John Carpenter musical scores something that today's yoots are really into? I thought they were into Space Invaders and the rap music, but I guess maybe they just really liked Stranger Things or something.
    Some good stuff, some not so good stuff, but luckily Gifted and Inhumans have lowered the bar for Marvel shows, so I'll stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigonos Chomhgaill View Post
    I want to like it because it tries very hard, though it's quite derivative and I can't say I loved the rush to a rape storyline to push a character arc forward. A lot of the emo stuff feels like a parody, or at the very least too forced to ring true.
    I really like the synth score, but am utterly baffled why it has one - are John Carpenter musical scores something that today's yoots are really into? I thought they were into Space Invaders and the rap music, but I guess maybe they just really liked Stranger Things or something.
    Some good stuff, some not so good stuff, but luckily Gifted and Inhumans have lowered the bar for Marvel shows, so I'll stick with it.
    Synthwave and electro are making a comeback right now. Plus you have dubstep.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It will be a mistake to release this series weekly at the pace it's moving. This is a show I have to binge.

Incredible Member

I feel like they could have deleted Amy from the series and if anything it would make the show better.

Also i’ll see how the molly plot line goes before I make my full judgement on her being Gert’s foster sister.

Liking the show before that. I think the kids acting will get better over time but it’s not bad

I wonder how Molly's powers will be explained since she can't be a mutant. She's obviously not an Inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder how Molly's powers will be explained since she can't be a mutant. She's obviously not an Inhuman.
    How do you know she isn't an inhuman?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

How do you know she isn't an inhuman?
    She didn't go through Terragenesis to get her powers. Her powers manifested while having her period.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She didn't go through Terragenesis to get her powers. Her powers manifested while having her period.
    Fair point.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Finished the first 3 episodes last night.

I like some of the plot changes so far but the characters still feel like they walked right off the pages, which is most important to me.

I was surprised to see that Old Lace had some practical effects (animatronic), not just CGI.