Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Runaways

I wish I could buy ad time during runaways on hulu just so I could tell people how much it sucks in between the act breaks
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Incredible Member

I seem to be annoyed by Gert more and more each episode

Truth because of the care they've taken with the parent characters to develop them I'm enjoying the Hulu series more than I did the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Uh...the parents in the comic loved their kids too. In fact, the fact that they loved their kids was the entire reason they were doing what they were doing to begin with.

I didnt say they didnt love their kids in the comics but that the change is that we see too much imo from the parents POV. Their personal dramas, excuses for doing whay they do as PRIDE is much more focused on here in the tv show.

It would have been better series if it focused more on The Runaways like in the comics. The focus on parents lovelife, melodrama part might be decent tv drama but its not very interesting teenage superhero tv show yet. This show should be closer to The Gifted, X-men comics focused on their young heroes and not look like a soap.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think the show is better for developing the parents as characters. I have a much clearer understanding of who they are, what drives them and how influential they truly are. I wouldn't even call this a superhero show as there hasn't been any super heroics barring the rescue of Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    I didnt say they didnt love their kids in the comics but that the change is that we see too much imo from the parents POV. Their personal dramas, excuses for doing whay they do as PRIDE is much more focused on here in the tv show.

It would have been better series if it focused more on The Runaways like in the comics. The focus on parents lovelife, melodrama part might be decent tv drama but its not very interesting teenage superhero tv show yet. This show should be closer to The Gifted, X-men comics focused on their young heroes and not look like a soap.
    I think focusing on the parents as much as they are will actually give the teenage characters actions more impact. When we see their side of things, we better appreciate the difficult decisions ahead of them.

Glad to see Molly call out the group for their shitty treatment of her. It sucks the character is being sent away. Hopefully we'll get the origin on her powers and what her parents provided for pride.

Episode ending, ******* had it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Glad to see Molly call out the group for their shitty treatment of her. It sucks the character is being sent away. Hopefully we'll get the origin on her powers and what her parents provided for pride.

Episode ending, ******* had it coming.
    Was it the brain cancer that made him have such sever mood swings? I know he was nice for awhile because the **** Jonah gave him but even b4 he seemed to have mood swings. And while being nice he threatened Robert and Chases coach. So yea huge *******

I felt so bad for Nicos dad this episode. Theyve killed 15 kids and i still feel bad for some of them
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-19-2017 at 10:10 AM.

I doubt the brain cancer had anything to do with his abusive behavior. As the flashback showed the first instance of his abuse. It was way before the cancer got him.

I doubt the brain cancer had anything to do with his abusive behavior. As the flashback showed the first instance of his abuse. It was way before the cancer got him.
    He seemed to be 2 people though not a normal abusive dad and then it was like he straight forgot the father and son time him and chase had

Surely they'll run away soon now, with Molly about to be sent off. They have to do it before that happens.

Good Lord they continue to butcher this series. Chase' s parents being the ones obsessed about time travel is just unforgivable.

Matt "peace out suckas"

So confused. Doctor Doom was the old dude in the bed but Mrs Dean's dad really dad build the church (just not the religion?

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322
    He seemed to be 2 people though not a normal abusive dad and then it was like he straight forgot the father and son time him and chase had
    It seems Victor becomes an actual father when Chase does something he approves of. Victor had one of his brain cancer episodes during his bonding with Chase and it didn't affect his personality then.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty
    Good Lord they continue to butcher this series. Chase' s parents being the ones obsessed about time travel is just unforgivable.
    This is not the comic. Let it go
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 12-19-2017 at 02:46 PM.

This is not the comic. Let it go
    Meh Qwerty has all the right in the world to complain about runaways I understand it can be annoying especially if you disagree but a opinion is a opinion I'd suggest a rebuttal on why you disagree or just ignore it.