Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 293

Thread: Runaways

  1. #46
    Mighty Member Qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    I really hope that is Carolina's real dad and not her grandfather like I originally expected
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

    Matt "peace out suckas"

  2. #47
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,293

    Default

    Tina is a piece of work. How someone that evil end up working in a Sanctum?

  3. #48
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,676

    Default

    I felt that episode was a bit slow. Yeah the others were too but it wasn't that bad because you could binge all 3, plus I don't quite mind slow pilots that focus on introducing the characters. Feels like the end was supposed to be a big cliffhanger but it felt weird, I didn't even understood wtf was happening at first.

  4. #49
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I felt that episode was a bit slow. Yeah the others were too but it wasn't that bad because you could binge all 3, plus I don't quite mind slow pilots that focus on introducing the characters. Feels like the end was supposed to be a big cliffhanger but it felt weird, I didn't even understood wtf was happening at first.
    I have no idea what is happening to peoples perceptions. I thought the latest episode was packed with content driving the story forward. Not a dull moment, at least to me.

  5. #50
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Tina is a piece of work. How someone that evil end up working in a Sanctum?
    I believe the character in the Doctor Strange movie was never named on screen, which is why Runaways decided to recast it. I'm not sure they're intended to be the same person at this point.

    Even as an Easter Egg, comics Tina Minoru wouldn't make sense working for the Ancient One. The show version isn't any better or worse than that. At this point, I think it's easier to assume that it's not the same character in the movie, but it'll be ambiguous unless it's addressed somewhere.

    Anyway, I like the show but I'm curious how far they're going to get. I like the build up, the investigation of the parents, and their interactions. On the other hand, we're nearly halfway and there's been zero running away. It seems, so far, the Runaways are the people who are sacrificed, not the main characters. Hopefully things will kick into gear soon because each individual episode is good, I just want a satisfying season.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  6. #51
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,293

    Default

    I don't expect the cast to actually run away until end of the season.

  7. #52
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,676

    Default

    I actually think it may happen on the next episode. There's a group shot of them together kind of like "action ready" with Nico using her staff on the trailers, where they're wearing the same clothes as in this past episode. This season has 10 episodes so to have it mid-way makes sense.

    It is quite likely to happen at the finale though. I think that it's either one or the other, not gonna be on like episode 6 or 7. They probably want to milk the Pride storyline as much as possible as they see the parents as super important too. And they said on an interview that they want to have them running away as a big moment.

  8. #53
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,424

    Default

    I think they're doing Pride and Joy this season so the running away will happen pretty much at the end.

    They didn't run away till the final chapter (issue #6) in the comic.

    I have a hunch Molly won't be taken as the sacrifice but it will be Karolina this time.

    She seems like she's gonna try to understand her parents and part of the Pride takes her.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-30-2017 at 12:48 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  9. #54
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Runaways seems pretty fresh, I guess it will be a tv showdown between them Gifted, Shield, Arrow/Flash/Supergirl and whatever other scifi fantasy is on tv. New Star Trek seems kinda crap and Game of Thrones while having a huge following won't be back until 2019?

  10. #55
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Honestly, this show is almost as bad as Inhumans and Iron Fist were. And I sad that as somebody who adores the comics. The changes made are completely bizarre. Molly's personality is completely different from page to screen. Why are Karolina and her parents part of some stupid cult? Why do the kids all go to high school together? In the comic they barely knew each other because they only met once a year. It's also extremely slow paced and boring, probably because of the filler that was added in order to make this a series.

  11. #56
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I believe the character in the Doctor Strange movie was never named on screen, which is why Runaways decided to recast it. I'm not sure they're intended to be the same person at this point.

    Even as an Easter Egg, comics Tina Minoru wouldn't make sense working for the Ancient One. The show version isn't any better or worse than that. At this point, I think it's easier to assume that it's not the same character in the movie, but it'll be ambiguous unless it's addressed somewhere.

    Anyway, I like the show but I'm curious how far they're going to get. I like the build up, the investigation of the parents, and their interactions. On the other hand, we're nearly halfway and there's been zero running away. It seems, so far, the Runaways are the people who are sacrificed, not the main characters. Hopefully things will kick into gear soon because each individual episode is good, I just want a satisfying season.
    Marvel TV and Marvel Studios don't always have the greatest rapport. In Black Panther Nabiyah Be is playing Tilda Johnson while in Luke Cage season Two Gabrielle Dennis is playing a version of Tilda Johnson.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 12-03-2017 at 01:04 AM.

  12. #57
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Honestly, this show is almost as bad as Inhumans and Iron Fist were. And I sad that as somebody who adores the comics. The changes made are completely bizarre. Molly's personality is completely different from page to screen. Why are Karolina and her parents part of some stupid cult? Why do the kids all go to high school together? In the comic they barely knew each other because they only met once a year. It's also extremely slow paced and boring, probably because of the filler that was added in order to make this a series.
    The "filler" namely the parents and their portrayal I'm enjoying more than the comics.

  13. #58
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    733

    Default

    I’m sure I’d enjoy this show more if I never read the comics. It sounds weird but I’m so busy mentally comparing the show to the comic the entire time I’m watching it because it’s so different. I feel like this is the most distant creative approach marvel has taken from the original character origins compared to anything they’ve done cinematically or tv and Netflix based. I wished it would have been more loyal to the show but I can see non readers enjoying it. The kids and parent adaptions are just too changed for my enjoyment but I’ll keep watching.

  14. #59
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The "filler" namely the parents and their portrayal I'm enjoying more than the comics.
    I'm just wondering why they didn't just adapt the first six issues of the comics. The first six issues were perfect for say a two hour movie, or two episodes of a mini-series. Why add all this other crap about high school and a dead sister and which parent is cheating on who that nobody cares about?

  15. #60
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    I'm just wondering why they didn't just adapt the first six issues of the comics. The first six issues were perfect for say a two hour movie, or two episodes of a mini-series. Why add all this other crap about high school and a dead sister and which parent is cheating on who that nobody cares about?
    The wider audience is not nobody they are the main audience and since there has been a resurgence of prime time soap opera-esque kind of shows the "cheating" plays very well with a big chunk of the audience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •