Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    I thought the Before Watchmen books were pointless, which is why I didn't read them. Doomsday Clock does seem to have a point to it beyond "entertainment." Johns' intent seems to be to comment on (condemn?) the constant "darkening" of superhero comics since Watchmen (and Dark Knight, but Dark Knight can't offer an in-story explanation of what happened that rewrote Earth-Zero's history).
    You should check out Before Watchmen if you're not boycotting or something.

I avoided it for years but when I finally caved I loved pretty much all of them. They're really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    A lot of the arguments against this are the same ones that were used with Before Watchmen. The whole, "it will cheapen the original". Funny, because after BW came out, seems like everyone pretty much felt the same about Watchmen and still do. It didn't change anything and neither will this. Good or bad, the original series is still there. Still the same.
    Very well said. I always find these arguments about cheapening Watchmen to be pretty hilarious...nobody is going to sneak into their homes to set fire to their copy, it will always be there. If this story doesn't interest someone, take a pass on it - simple as that.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    You should check out Before Watchmen if you're not boycotting or something.

I avoided it for years but when I finally caved I loved pretty much all of them. They're really well done.
    I just recently picked up all of the HC's, and so far I agree. Very well done. They aren't necessary, but they are very fun and are nice additions to the original. Perfect art teams on each character, too.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I didn't really care for Before Watchmen. The Silk Spectre miniseries was a nice throwback to romance comics, but the rest were just not very good and made completely unnecessary changes to what was established by Watchmen itself.

I am so looking forward to this. This is just going to be so incredibly fun to read and look at.

The original Watchmen series is still great, and this new story will not in any way lessen it for me.
    WHO DAT?!!