Default What do you think is the best direction for Harley?

I think the best direction for her would be for her to become the Joker's successor. Like have her become so deranged and twisted she rivals even Joker. I think the best way for this would be for her to become like Gotham's crime Queen and I think she could do it she gets underestimated a lot but she's a psychiatrist and if she got her act together she could definately be a very formidable enemy for Batman. I'd like her to maybe betray Joker to Batman and piss Joker off and after he escapes she becomes terrified of him to the point she starts obsessing over gaining more power and starts forming alliances and ultimately surprises every criminal in Gotham with how manipulative and smart she truly is and even giving Batman a run for his money and I like the idea of her being the first super villain to really force the Bat Family of Gotham if only for a short while like she uses her psych degree to profile each hero in Gotham and systematically takes Batman and his allies down.

Then Harley finally finds Joker and chaos ensues Batman and his allies show up and Joker is revealed to have been watching her and she assumes he was going to kill her and instead surprises her by expressing pride in her. I like this idea because it makes sense Joker has shown a lot of jealousy when Harley outshines him but I wouldn't be surprised if he saw her rise to power and do what he couldn't (like temporarily drive Batman out of Gotham for example)and it would make sense if he coped with that by beginning to view her as an extension of himself I mean she's his creation after all and in that wouldn't be surprising if in that regard Joker and Harley ultimately had a moment like this.

DC seems decided to make her Deadpool's counterpart, and if they're going to go with that. I'd pretty much prefer an anti-hero like her Injustice counterpart.

I'd like her as a sympathetic villain a lot more imo.

Either way, ship with Lobo. Lobo, though a violent and pale-skinned psychopath, does have a thing for the ladies.

BANNED

misfit harley.jpg

Getting kicked in the face by Misfit a lot sounds like a good direction to me.

I miss Misfit, she was very fun

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I miss Misfit, she was very fun
    Yeah, Charlie rocked. I really wish Simone could have gotten to write her more.

I think what's the "best direction" for Harley depends a lot on what the creators/DC want to do with her, because if she's proven anything in the last few years it's that she can be pretty versatile in terms of her role in the DCU or in DC media in general.

I prefer her as a villain, I hate the whole anti-hero direction for her.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Her villain status was as a co-dependent moll.

Her anti-social behavior is tied to relationships (Joker and Ivy).

You remove her from that and send her solo . . . why is she following this path other than habit?

A good writer could probably do something there, but I'm not sure it's interesting enough long-term to justify itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Her villain status was as a co-dependent moll.

Her anti-social behavior is tied to relationships (Joker and Ivy).

You remove her from that and send her solo . . . why is she following this path other than habit?

A good writer could probably do something there, but I'm not sure it's interesting enough long-term to justify itself.
    They could tackle a Lot of the emotional damage that Joker did to her, while realizing that Her morals are way too “off” to be a hero. But we are stuck in the quasi-Deadpool status

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    They could tackle a Lot of the emotional damage that Joker did to her, while realizing that Her morals are way too “off” to be a hero. But we are stuck in the quasi-Deadpool status
    I feel like we have seen this to some degree in certain comics/media, even when she isn't with the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    They could tackle a Lot of the emotional damage that Joker did to her,
    They've done plenty of this. Doesn't require any particular status quo.

while realizing that Her morals are way too “off” to be a hero.
    Based on what exactly? Her villainous behavior is predicated on being influenced by more dominant personalities.

If she were a real person, I might agree it's too much. But face turns have been done for less forgivable characters. Add to that that the character is basically a Loony Toons character inserted into the DCU and that Rebirth can be used to erase anything too egregious if DC wants.

But we are stuck in the quasi-Deadpool status
    Always felt the book reminded me of Lobo.

There's a reason DC waited as long as they did to introduce the character in print. Half the character is Arleen Sorkin. Harley in print has always been kind of ok (even when Dini was writing her) at best until Conner and Palmiotti's book because they just went to crazy town with it.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Best direction: back into her classic outfit and far away from the T&A, please.

Nothing wrong with some T & A if it's to the character's style. People who find the bodily form offensive in some way should maybe go read Transformers with car robot forms rather than something with a more traditional humanoid form or maybe something with cute fuzzy animals.

I'd say the best direction is to continue going where it's going. It seems to be working so why fix what isn't broken. She's only the most popular character in the Suicide Squad movie, an animated movie, has a successful ongoing book, has a broad demographics fanbase... what more could be wanted.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-12-2017 at 03:42 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Hopefully the new writers continue to develop her character not revert to her old 90s persona. The ties to Joker have been cut and she's maintained a successful solo book in a market which isn't kind to female led solo books.