Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default Storm, Hadari Yao, is getting another solo ongoing!!!

Praises be to the ALL-GODDESS!!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT'S IN STORE FOR HER!!!

http://www.cbr.com/nycc-x-men-marvel-legacy-panel/

What do you want to see in her new ongoing??
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-06-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I'd love if they let her cut loose and show the Marvel universe at large what she can do, and I'm willing to support the book and hope it does well. What was her last solo? I think there was one where she had to expel the Shadow King from Cyclops? Maybe that wasn't a solo.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'd love if they let her cut loose and show the Marvel universe at large what she can do, and I'm willing to support the book and hope it does well. What was her last solo? I think there was one where she had to expel the Shadow King from Cyclops? Maybe that wasn't a solo.
    The last one was by Greg Pak and Victor Ibanez and was overall kind of unremarkable.

"I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    The last one was by Greg Pak and Victor Ibanez and was overall kind of unremarkable.
    That's unfortunate. Last I checked Storm was among the most popular characters Marvel has, how do they mess up a solo for her?

Damn, why couldn't we have gotten a Storm and Gambit book where they pull heists all over the globe? In any event, a Gambit guest starring role would be sweet.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Damn, why couldn't we have gotten a Storm and Gambit book where they pull heists all over the globe? In any event, a Gambit guest starring role would be sweet.
    Probably because that's action thriller, and despite Dr Aphra, I don't think marvel has the flexibility to pull of most non superhero comics. Their crossgen was awful! I was not looking forward to their take on Star Wars, while they are not horrible I am for the post part unimpressed.

Outside of Kannan the Last Padwan, Lando and Aphra I just cant get drawn into their stories.

Good for her, I hope the writer realities a character needs a supporting cast and don't isolate Storm from the X-men or BP. Have her take a class of student on a field trip to Kenya only to have the People of Kenya ask her to do some super-heroing. Maybe have her address their recent election annulment, Maybe have the Kenyan media ask her some questions?

How would this affect her ? her students?

would her supporting cast be? T'challa? Kitty? Will she finally get a sidekick?

I want great writing and great art. Storm is a complex character and needs a writer who can capture her many sides. In addition, these needs to be a visual book that can show the variety of Storm's abilities.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I want great writing and great art. Storm is a complex character and needs a writer who can capture her many sides. In addition, these needs to be a visual book that can show the variety of Storm's abilities.
    Absolutely. She's an omega-level mutant, isn't she? Time to flex her mutant muscles.

Are we sure this will be a thing or is he just saying that? If it's true, hopefully it'll be better than the last.

BANNED

Hell yeah!!!

I want to see her powers with global warming be explored. Have a maybe Omega love mutant who for some reason wants to speed global warming up, and that's a great start. Maybe send her to Savage Land? They can further play up the global warming side up by having the land die slowly and only Storm can save them. Explore the Kymera aspect! Either explain the lack of connection by expanding more on Kymera, or make her a fan of Storm who went crazy and wanted revenge a specific way? Storm can stay away from the XMEN for a bit. Though, I do love her with ADULT Jean, and she might be leading Uncanny... Maybe both her own solo and Uncanny?

Wow, I totally missed that in Newsarama's report. I hope they get it right this time, I think Storm has the biggest solo potential out of all X-characters.

BANNED

Praise be to the Goddess!

I don't want her to bounce around from guest star to guest star like Jean Grey. and I don't want her to say "my friend" or flash that stupid XSE badge. And nothing political like in the Crew.

I hope for good things