Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Great Great idea! I really like the idea of posting pictures with little interesting facts about her. To your point about Tchalla I love them as a pair but I think it's important she be able to stand on her own beyond being his wife or ex. So I agree with you from that perspective.

Thank you so much again for your insight. It was very much appreciated.

Thank you again for your insight
    Sure! I'm going to do those things, and "Storm" will almost certainly be a staff pick and a highlighted book. My wife is Kenyan, if I didn't support the book she'd be disappointed! She's not into comics but makes an exception for Storm. Beyond that I love the character and think she should be as popular and relevant as Wonder Woman, at least. She's one of Marvel's untapped treasures.

I'm not playing up the marriage. It's too reductionist of her character. Even though she was written really well in that period (I just re read Hudlin's Black Panther run, and I really liked his Storm and his portrayal of their relationship) I still think it's best to have her be thought of as an independent character.

It can give the impression that becoming a wife and queen elevated her, when in reality she was a goddess before, so being a queen was a step down!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Sure! I'm going to do those things, and "Storm" will almost certainly be a staff pick and a highlighted book. My wife is Kenyan, if I didn't support the book she'd be disappointed! She's not into comics but makes an exception for Storm. Beyond that I love the character and think she should be as popular and relevant as Wonder Woman, at least. She's one of Marvel's untapped treasures.

I'm not playing up the marriage. It's too reductionist of her character. Even though she was written really well in that period (I just re read Hudlin's Black Panther run, and I really liked his Storm and his portrayal of their relationship) I still think it's best to have her be thought of as an independent character.

It can give the impression that becoming a wife and queen elevated her, when in reality she was a goddess before, so being a queen was a step down!
    Excellent and thank your wife for supporting storm. Storm is so much a jewel that I wish Marvel would cherish and attend to in the manner in which it deserves. I'm hoping once the fox Disney merger is finalized things will change, and not just for her for all the xmen.

Have you been reading the current run of black panther? How do you like Coates handling of her? And I love your line of thinking. She is a goddess first and foremost and I would prefer this explored more than anything else.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I am guessing that the second Storm ongoing solo will start on either the month which the first Storm ongoing solo was released (Storm #1 was released on the month of June) or on Mr Coates birthmonth (September)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I am guessing that the second Storm ongoing solo will start on either the month which the first Storm ongoing solo was released (Storm #1 was released on the month of June) or on Mr Coates birthmonth (September)
    I think if there was indeed a solo of Storm, it would have been announced by now.

I know you are looking forward to it, but the signs are not promising much, are they?

We got a Multiple Man solo announced though. Hope that's giving you some comfort.
    ****Stop complaining and start dancing****

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think if there was indeed a solo of Storm, it would have been announced by now.

I know you are looking forward to it, but the signs are not promising much, are they?

We got a Multiple Man solo announced though. Hope that's giving you some comfort.
    Of course, Multiple Man is one of my fave xmen characters.

Right now, i am pretty sure Storm will have her second ongoing solo. Ms Bartel wouldnt keep on showing Storm arts if it werent true, its a way to hype comic readers esp, Storm fans!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Excellent and thank your wife for supporting storm. Storm is so much a jewel that I wish Marvel would cherish and attend to in the manner in which it deserves. I'm hoping once the fox Disney merger is finalized things will change, and not just for her for all the xmen.

Have you been reading the current run of black panther? How do you like Coates handling of her? And I love your line of thinking. She is a goddess first and foremost and I would prefer this explored more than anything else.
    Totally agree with your first paragraph.

I have been reading Black Panther but I'm behind. Based on how Coates has handled other women in his other books, I'd be surprised if I don't like his take on Storm.

I think her being worshipped as a goddess is one of the things that really separates her. She didn't have the usual American "hated and feared" experience as a child. She had soaring heights and crushing lows, which make her a rich character. I'd like stories that explore what that worship meant to her, and how she feels about the responsibilities it brings.

I'd also like to see her immigrant experience explored. She has had so much stacked against her since she came to America, being a female, black, immigrant mutant. I think that story has a lot of potential. That story would resonate with a lot of people and potentially make her even more of an icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Totally agree with your first paragraph.

I have been reading Black Panther but I'm behind. Based on how Coates has handled other women in his other books, I'd be surprised if I don't like his take on Storm.

I think her being worshipped as a goddess is one of the things that really separates her. She didn't have the usual American "hated and feared" experience as a child. She had soaring heights and crushing lows, which make her a rich character. I'd like stories that explore what that worship meant to her, and how she feels about the responsibilities it brings.

I'd also like to see her immigrant experience explored. She has had so much stacked against her since she came to America, being a female, black, immigrant mutant. I think that story has a lot of potential. That story would resonate with a lot of people and potentially make her even more of an icon.
    Holy shit yes to all of this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Holy shit yes to all of this.
    Right?! To mem "leader of the X Men" is the least interesting direction for the character. I'd like smaller, more character driven stories that focus on her experiences in an adopted country that hates/persecutes her for at least four reasons. She has seen the best and the worst humanity has to offer. No one else has been so high and so low. Not capitalizing on the story opportunities those drastically different experiences provide is a mistake in my opinion.

BANNED

Im pretty sure Storm's second ongoing solo is going to sell well.