Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Default dangling plot threads from Geoff Johns' JL

Apologies in advance if they've been resolved unknown to me:

-Luthor met Blue Beetle (during Forever Evil)

-Luthor took blood samples from Captain Cold for what?

-has Jessica Cruz found the hunters which killed her friends?

-Amos Fortune gets powers from the Amazo Virus

There's surely more I'm unaware of and I'd like to discuss all the New52 JL stuff or just get some answers guys.

What happened to the Doom Patrol he introduced in that run, with Element Woman in tow?

Is Barda still with the Furies?

Luthor also had some kind of plan cooking with Owlman, which will of course never be resolved due to how things went in Darkseid War.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

It's more of an Aquaman plot thread but I recall it being announced as a JL storyline:

Is Rise of the Seven Seas ever happening?

(and speaking of Aquaman whatever did happen to that "king will drown" teaser that was presumably for Darkseid War in the Divergence special?)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What happened to the Doom Patrol he introduced in that run, with Element Woman in tow?
    Good one. I feel like Element Woman has been portrayed beautifully every single time we've seen her and she's a breakout character waiting to happen. Meanwhile DC seems to have forgotten she exists. How great would she have been with The Terrifics? Or with any team book? Or a solo?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Cheetah getting arrested so she could make contact with Black Manta going absolutely nowhere. That probably has something to do with Trinity War and Forever Evil ending up as things completely different than what they started as, but it rankles. At least Manta got to feature in FE, while the WW corner of things got a big fat nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    It's more of an Aquaman plot thread but I recall it being announced as a JL storyline:

Is Rise of the Seven Seas ever happening?

(and speaking of Aquaman whatever did happen to that "king will drown" teaser that was presumably for Darkseid War in the Divergence special?)
    Johns said Seven Seas is still happening we just don't know when.

My unanswered plot threads mostly rely on other series surrounding JL. Like what exactly happened to Star-Spangled Kid that got Star Girl scared before it was ignored by Kindt to focus on that stupid "Courtney got her younger brother killed" backstory. or Who is/was The Question?

EDIT: Oh yeah. If we ever do get a Shazam series are they ever going to follow up on the Sivanna/Mr. Mind team-up?
    Last edited by DJ1107; 10-07-2017 at 02:12 PM.

If they were smart they would do Seven Seas next year right before the Aquaman movie.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I can't believe Shazam got ditched after Johns left though.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Cheetah getting arrested so she could make contact with Black Manta going absolutely nowhere. That probably has something to do with Trinity War and Forever Evil ending up as things completely different than what they started as, but it rankles. At least Manta got to feature in FE, while the WW corner of things got a big fat nothing.
    Having not read Rucka's the Lies YET but definitely will do as a Rucka fan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah Cheetahs whole thing with Manta was for Forever Evil since there was the subplot about the SSoV. Haven't read it yet but I think she was in the A.R.G.U.S. tie-in since Steve had to find The Lasso of Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Barda still with the Furies?
    According to Tom King his Mister Miracle series takes place in the Rebirth continuity so there's that. Or we can wait for the Imperius Lex storyline to answer that.
    Last edited by DJ1107; 10-07-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Does Action Comics resolve why Luthor doesn't rule Apokolips? He did after darkseid War.
    Where's Grail and Babyseid? No spoilers just where does their story get picked up again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Where's Grail and Babyseid? No spoilers just where does their story get picked up again.
    In Wonder Woman 31... for some reason DC felt James Robinson should resolve that whole thing there.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Does Action Comics resolve why Luthor doesn't rule Apokolips? He did after darkseid War.
    Keeping things vague, at least one of those questions might be answered if you read Metal...
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow