Default The semi return of Grant Morrison to DC Comics

For me the big news over the past couple days of NYCC is Morrison starting to return to DC in some capacity. Looks like he is working on a book with Dan Didio and working with Snyder on something involving Metal I am thinking some that will flesh out and map the Dark Multiverse basically a Dark Multiversity book. Expect good things from Wonder Woman Earth One be interesting to see how many costumes he ends up using in this one. From the Vertigo side of things it seems like Seaguy is all on Stewart at this point and he has had the scripts for years hopefully it is getting worked on. Very excited he is working with DC after the short break nice to have him working with DC again.

So happy he’s back! I’ll take whatever small collaboration he can find time for.

Is he no longer the editor of Heavy Metal?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I have not seen anything that he is leaving, but hopefully he plans to stick to that and do DC at the same time. He also working on more Klaus specials.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Morrison is co-writing issues 7-10 of Sideways, and you are right, those issues apparently tie into the dark multiverse..

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Morrison is co-writing issues 7-10 of Sideways, and you are right, those issues apparently tie into the dark multiverse..
    And might feature the Seven Soldiers! (My favorite Morrison work after All-Star)

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    And might feature the Seven Soldiers! (My favorite Morrison work after All-Star)
    Seven Soldier tie-in?!? Hells yes!

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    That would be weird, considering that Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers characters never actually met each other to a large extent.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 10-08-2017 at 12:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I kinda doubt their publishing schedule is so massive he needs to spend all his days on it.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have not seen anything that he is leaving, but hopefully he plans to stick to that and do DC at the same time. He also working on more Klaus specials.
    YES! Yesyesyesyes! Loved that book. Beautiful.

Huh...I didn't even know he'd left DC.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Like with Multiversity itself, I'm sure Multiversity Too is one of those classic "Grant mentions it but it's not actually finished until five years later" scenarios, but is probably still totally in the works. I think Multiversity wound up being 'mostly worth it'. Anyway, small inclusions into the current ongoing stuff is great because obviously I'll be reading it, but also because it means he's dipping his toes back in beyond just the crazy Arkham Asylum 2 announcement and the Wonder Woman: E1 fun stuff. I like seeing him willing to do a little bit of "monthly grind" style stuff, but in a lighter way that can be looser and doesn't have to be as dominating or demanding as say, his monthly grind on Batman was. Playing around in that kind of casual sandbox also always did historically seem to lead to him coming up with even more cool ideas and bringing them into things.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

He never really left.

He was just quiet.

ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!