View Poll Results: Cyclops Lives or Stays Dead?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops Must Live Now

123 80.39%
  • Cylops Must Stay Dead

30 19.61%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Cyclops has become the biggest Marvel character, you mean. The leader, the warrior, the savior, RightClops.

Do you want the 90's Scott? Stay with Tyke.
    Tyke is not 90's Scott. Tyke isn't even 60's Scott. He's a shrinking violet, on and off the battlefield. That was never what Scott was. The only thing they share is a name, a visor and issues talking to women.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, but Marvel won't do it.
    It kind of sort of happened in the A+X story by Gerry Duggan

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Tyke is not 90's Scott. Tyke isn't even 60's Scott. He's a shrinking violet, on and off the battlefield. That was never what Scott was. The only thing they share is a name, a visor and issues talking to women.
    I couldn't agree more.

I'd prefer him alive, but tbh if a character is going to die they should stay that way for at least a couple of years. Plus distance makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

BINGO!!

10 char
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

the Cyclops you want is here. Enjoy.
    We, Cyclops fans, want the RightClops.

except tyke isn't 90's scott

90's cyclops was awesome, a leader, friend/rival with wolverine, in an epic and mutual romantic relationship with jean
    tyke is not a leader, is about to be replaced by 5th rate au wolverine and writers forgot jean loved him.

BANNED

Yeah, 90's Scott was awesome, a leader and friend... but... with the love triangle, he just seemed silly.

Tyke doesn't like RightClops. So who doesn't like RightClops, who wants to get some Cyclops and not RightClops... well, stay with Tyke.

And there's still a love triangle with Scott/Jean/Wolverine. Perfect! Enjoy.

So thank you, but I stay with RightClops. He was awesome, a leader, a warrior, a savior, a lover, a friend... and he was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    I feel like he should stay dead for at the very least half of the time Jean was dead. Bringing him back this soon makes his death pointless in the first place and paints Emma like a bigger psycho than she is right now. I say keep him dead for a while this way his death means something. Also, he could use a good rest.
    The death Soule and Lemire wrote for Cyclops was meaningless the moment it was published. Allowing it to age like a fine wine will only make the vinegar it actually was taste worse, not better. Jean's first death was epic and keeping her dead added weight. DoX was no DPS though was it? Off screen death by gassing was the most unceremonious way he could have gone, which I suspect if why Marvel selected it. And on top of that, DoX wasn't even a Cyclops story, it was an Emma story. For one of the central mutants of the X-Line is was a damn travesty.

As for Scott needing a rest well, maybe Rogue needs a rest, or Storm, or Kitty or Psylocke, or even Logan? Most of these characters have been around a similar amount of time and have been just as central, yet their all still kicking, with one of them on the way back in a few months. Why would a fictional character need a rest? I don't get it so maybe you can explain this further?

As for Scott needing a rest well, maybe Rogue needs a rest, or Storm, or Kitty or Psylocke, or even Logan? Most of these characters have been around a similar amount of time and have been just as central, yet their all still kicking, with one of them on the way back in a few months. Why would a fictional character need a rest? I don't get it so maybe you can explain this further?
    This is something that's strange to me. I understand that some people like what they're doing to Cyclops and Emma because they felt like they were in the limelight for too long, but there are better ways then shitting all over the characters. Both AvX and IvX were theoretically great places to move in a different direction, but keep fans happy. Have Cyclops still be too jaded by past those events to be a part of the main team, and put him in an X-force team. Have Emma be to tired by all that's happened and put her into a teaching position like she was in Gen X. This frees up that main position that some people feel they've held too long, but still let fans of the characters see them as they should be.

Instead we have an X-office that seems hell bent on seeing how many fans of a character they can get to hate with a passion with constant character assassinations. First it was Cyclops, now its Emma. Next it'll probably be Kitty or Storm.

The death Soule and Lemire wrote for Cyclops was meaningless the moment it was published. Allowing it to age like a fine wine will only make the vinegar it actually was taste worse, not better. Jean's first death was epic and keeping her dead added weight. DoX was no DPS though was it? Off screen death by gassing was the most unceremonious way he could have gone, which I suspect if why Marvel selected it. And on top of that, DoX wasn't even a Cyclops story, it was an Emma story. For one of the central mutants of the X-Line is was a damn travesty.

I don’t mean that his memory should disappear. Jean’s certainly didn’t while she was gone. She was a very prominent figure that was talked about quite a bit in memorium. It is my very personal opinion that Scott’s character needs to take a break from existence. I wasn’t a huge fan of militant Cyke, but that is just me. I was a huge cyke fan pre Schism. I just really didn’t like the way the character was going and it only was more solidified in his revolution that went nowhere. Giving him some time to rest let’s him walk away from all of that and start fresh. I feel if he comes back now, he will have all of that baggage still attached to him. That is why I say to let him lay in the dirt for a while. I want him back for sure, but just not yet- for me it is too soon.

I also feel like if he comes back this very instant than Emma going crazy would be kind of for nothing. In the MU time passes much slower than it does here. She killed a lot of people on those blimps and went kookoo for Cocoa Puffs. I feel like if he comes back now it will lead to a total mess. The stuff with Emma needs to be dealt with before Scott returns. Her and Havok need a solo to sort out their lives before scott enters the game again.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yeah, 90's Scott was awesome, a leader and friend... but... with the love triangle, he just seemed silly.

Tyke doesn't like RightClops. So who doesn't like RightClops, who wants to get some Cyclops and not RightClops... well, stay with Tyke.

And there's still a love triangle with Scott/Jean/Wolverine. Perfect! Enjoy.

So thank you, but I stay with RightClops. He was awesome, a leader, a warrior, a savior, a lover, a friend... and he was right!
    there was no love triangle in the 90's. and it was almost not existent until the fox movies and morrison.
    it's until now that we are having a real love triangle
    and NOBODY likes the godawful love triangle that we are going to get in blue.
    not cyclops fans, not jean fans, not wolverine fans

Perfect, I don't know what I can add.

I also feel like if he comes back this very instant than Emma going crazy would be kind of for nothing. In the MU time passes much slower than it does here. She killed a lot of people on those blimps and went kookoo for Cocoa Puffs. I feel like if he comes back now it will lead to a total mess. The stuff with Emma needs to be dealt with before Scott returns. Her and Havok need a solo to sort out their lives before scott enters the game again.
    Emma going crazy is for nothing already. Bendis said getting Emma and Scott back together was the least interesting thing he could think of and would happen the same day Marvel unceremoniously fires him. I'm not sure I want Emma & Scott back together, wouldn't be opposed to it though, but I'm really hoping Bendis gets shown the door.

Scott in his typical a-hole way already told Emma that they're done. She needs to move on before anything happens whether they get back together or not. She needs to stop chasing him. Whether he's alive or dead is irrelevant to that journey.

I don’t mean that his memory should disappear. Jean’s certainly didn’t while she was gone. She was a very prominent figure that was talked about quite a bit in memorium. It is my very personal opinion that Scott’s character needs to take a break from existence. I wasn’t a huge fan of militant Cyke, but that is just me. I was a huge cyke fan pre Schism. I just really didn’t like the way the character was going and it only was more solidified in his revolution that went nowhere. Giving him some time to rest let’s him walk away from all of that and start fresh. I feel if he comes back now, he will have all of that baggage still attached to him. That is why I say to let him lay in the dirt for a while. I want him back for sure, but just not yet- for me it is too soon.
    Please explain what happened in Schism that made you not be a Scott fan. Prelude to Schism is the longest love letter Marvel ever wrote to Scott.

And when people start getting possessed by or having visions of the Cyclops force than maybe he can remain somewhat relevant while dead. PM me when that happens. I won't hold my breath.