View Poll Results: Cyclops Lives or Stays Dead?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops Must Live Now

123 80.39%
  • Cylops Must Stay Dead

30 19.61%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    I'd love for Scott to come back, the X-Men wouldn't be the X-Men without him but the problem is, what would he come back to? Rightclops isn't coming back. That world, the hardships he faced, Marvel is moving past that now. There's no place for Rightclops and considering how the X-Office did everything in their power to make him the bad guy (even though it didn't work), wouldn't they just continue the abuse if he was still alive? Would that really make people happy? Is it worth having the character back only to see him being crapped on repeatedly? I say no.

I'd much rather wait until there are writers who want to bring him back, not just to have him back but because they actually want to tell a really good story with him. I want to see Scott back and back with his family and being a (recognized) hero again. But that won't happen until the current view of Cyclops shifts in the X-Offices.
    You're right of course. Old soldiers need to lay down their weapons after the war ends. But will the war ever truly end? How long can Marvel write sunny days before it just starts to get dull. I mean these mutants are supposed to be "hated and feared". If that's no longer true than what are the stories going to be about?

I guess I'm just a little chapped that Marvel changes the status quo to a better day for mutants right after killing off the guy that kept them alive during their darkest night. I can see why they think Tyke can fill that character gap. In the new order his characterization fits a lot better, but it's just not the same cat. He's way too passive in and out of combat and that was never Scott.

The mutants may not need a general but Scott was relevant before M-Day. He was a leader, a teacher, a motivator and a mentor. I see a place for those things in any incarnation of the x-men.

And I agree with you, completely but the problem is, Marvel doesn't.
    I would honestly love for them to announce that Cyclops is coming back. I didn't like the way they killed him and I don't think it's particularly fair they're keeping him dead while bringing back Xavier, Logan and Jean but given how much they apparently dislike him now, I wouldn't want to see the hatchet job they'd continue to make with his character.

I would honestly love for them to announce that Cyclops is coming back. I didn't like the way they killed him and I don't think it's particularly fair they're keeping him dead while bringing back Xavier, Logan and Jean but given how much they apparently dislike him now, I wouldn't want to see the hatchet job they'd continue to make with his character.
    This is the internet, why do you have to be so sensible?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    This is the internet, why do you have to be so sensible?
    You're right, sorry about that lol

You're right, sorry about that lol
    *sigh.
    Of course, everything you've brought up makes sense.

I'm not sure they actually dislike him per se. They may be tired of him. They may not want him to center the whole x-line anymore. I think the hatchet job was more Marvels changing of the guard. They clearly wanted the Scott\Emma dynamic gone, I assume to make room for the Kitty\Jeen centered leadership model we have today. Unfortunately the way they went about it left a very bitter taste in the mouths of Scott\Emma fans.

That said, Tyke is still around and I get the sense they are slowly building him up bit by bit over the last 3 issues, so Marvel clearly hasn't given up completely on the character in general. After all that's happened with Cyke, Tyke does offer a fresh take on the guy without all the Maddie and Emma baggage thrown in. If Marvel want's to double down on Jott it's going to happen with Tyke and Jeen. Seems like their leaving their options open. Jean's resurrection will answer that question I suspect.

Of course I suspect Cyke will be back at some point. Again I don't think it's an active dislike, though I supose I could be wrong. It just seems like the x-office wanted to take him out of the spotlight and fumbled the execution, badly.

the x-office is pretty incompetent at times. just get rid of the O5 already. they've overstayed their welcome. If i want to read about teen x-men i'll read the masterworks, when they were actually good. these watered down scrubs are beat

BANNED

Without Jean, Xavier, Emma, Logan, M-Day, Decimation, Dark Reign, Messiah Complex, Utopia, Second Coming and AvX Cyke would never be RightClops. And for that, Tyke will never be RightClops. He's not a leader, he's a coward. He's just a dick.
    It's an embarrassment to see that pathetic version wandering around in X-titles. It's hard to see, and it's an affront to us.

#bringbackrightclops

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Without Jean, Xavier, Emma, Logan, M-Day, Decimation, Dark Reign, Messiah Complex, Utopia, Second Coming and AvX Cyke would never be RightClops. And for that, Tyke will never be RightClops. He's not a leader, he's a coward. He's just a dick.
    It's an embarrassment to see that pathetic version wandering around in X-titles. It's hard to see, and it's an affront to us.

#bringbackrightclops
    I would also take RightClops over Tyke any day of the week.

I would also take RightClops over Tyke any day of the week.
    Sure. And I'd always take twice my paycheque over the one I get now, but that's not an option and at the moment "RightClops" is not an option either. Sometimes we have to find positives in what we have while still working towards what we want. This is even truer when we have very little control like for instance over a property run by a publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Sure. And I'd always take twice my paycheque over the one I get now, but that's not an option and at the moment "RightClops" is not an option either. Sometimes we have to find positives in what we have while still working towards what we want. This is even truer when we have very little control like for instance over a property run by a publisher.
    Why not just use Tyke as an opportunity to write Cyclops in a way they wouldn't with the real deal? Give Tyke control of his power, give him a new codename, don't make him diet-Cyke.

Why not just use Tyke as an opportunity to write Cyclops in a way they wouldn't with the real deal? Give Tyke control of his power, give him a new codename, don't make him diet-Cyke.
    I could get behind some of that. I'm really on the fence as to whether he would still be the same character if he had control if his powers. Struggling with control and being freaked out about accidental optic blasts is kind of a pillar of the character and feeds into his insecurities. Overcoming obstacles despite these problems are part of what made him the character we want to have back.

BANNED

I'm simply choosing to ignore it. I dropped the X-titles after Secret Wars. The whole HiterClops thing made me nauseous, especially the "I hate my adult version" yadda yadda yadda. I've only read DoX and IvX, and it was terrible. So, I'll return to X-titles when Cyclops returns. The real Cyclops.

#bringbackrightclops

I could get behind some of that. I'm really on the fence as to whether he would still be the same character if he had control if his powers. Struggling with control and being freaked out about accidental optic blasts is kind of a pillar of the character and feeds into his insecurities. Overcoming obstacles despite these problems are part of what made him the character we want to have back.
    I see what you mean, but imagine the character having no choice but to move past that. Who would Scott be without that fear hanging over his head? Would he actually be able to move past it or would his neurosis simply manifest in a different way? The Blue team is confirmed not from the 616 timeline, so as AU characters they should explore the established characters in new ways. That's the function of AU characters, right? I just want to like the character.

I see what you mean, but imagine the character having no choice but to move past that. Who would Scott be without that fear hanging over his head? Would he actually be able to move past it or would his neurosis simply manifest in a different way? The Blue team is confirmed not from the 616 timeline, so as AU characters they should explore the established characters in new ways. That's the function of AU characters, right? I just want to like the character.
    I feel like he'd be a little too perfect. He was always a handsome fella but without the visor he'd be angel level attractive which would decrease his narrative potential. Without his insecurities he'd be a little too Captain America for my taste. There's a reason I'm an x-men fan vs and Avengers fan. Every X-man of note from Xavier (wheelchair) to Jean (Dark Phoenix) to Scott (No control) to Kurt (His appearance) to Hank (His appearance too I guess) has had something making them amazing and something holding them back. Taking away what makes them special takes away what makes them special you know...