View Poll Results: Cyclops Lives or Stays Dead?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops Must Live Now

123 80.39%
  • Cylops Must Stay Dead

30 19.61%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I feel like he'd be a little too perfect. He was always a handsome fella but without the visor he'd be angel level attractive which would decrease his narrative potential. Without his insecurities he'd be a little too Captain America for my taste. There's a reason I'm an x-men fan vs and Avengers fan. Every X-man of note from Xavier (wheelchair) to Jean (Dark Phoenix) to Scott (No control) to Kurt (His appearance) to Hank (His appearance too I guess) has had something making them amazing and something holding them back. Taking away what makes them special takes away what makes them special you know...
    Right, but it doesn't have to be permanent; Jean and Xavier have had prolonged time free from both those things, and Beast's appearance is constantly changing, right? That's why I think it would be okay, and besides, I suggested that maybe his handicap manifests in a new way. I think it's worth exploring. Maybe his power weakens because he gained control; what if he has a fixed number of "shots" per 24 hours and the number varies by intensity?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Right, but it doesn't have to be permanent; Jean and Xavier have had prolonged time free from both those things, and Beast's appearance is constantly changing, right? That's why I think it would be okay, and besides, I suggested that maybe his handicap manifests in a new way. I think it's worth exploring. Maybe his power weakens because he gained control; what if he has a fixed number of "shots" per 24 hours and the number varies by intensity?
    The alternatives sound a little too mechanical. Your trading a narrative power (insecurity) for a combat power (limited blasts). That's apples and oranges. Maybe try a narrative power for another narrative power.

Lets get our opinions out there. To all of us twitter users it's #bringbackcyke or officex@marvel.com for email. Make our voices heard! I have committed to emailing daily and twitter at least every second day. Please join me.

Lets get our opinions out there. To all of us twitter users it's #bringbackcyke or officex@marvel.com for email. Make our voices heard! I have committed to emailing daily and twitter at least every second day. Please join me.
    You got it, do I just send them an email then? I don't really like Twitter.

The alternatives sound a little too mechanical. Your trading a narrative power (insecurity) for a combat power (limited blasts). That's apples and oranges. Maybe try a narrative power for another narrative power.
    I see what you mean. I'll have to give that some thought.

You got it, do I just send them an email then? I don't really like Twitter.
    Email is fine as long as you get your message across respectfully.

Email is fine as long as you get your message across respectfully.
    Don't worry, I can conduct myself with poise and dignity.

*fart noises

Don't worry, I can conduct myself with poise and dignity.

*fart noises
    Eye roll.
    10Char

I saw ur #bringbackcyke tweets

The thing is.. Idk what to mail them i mean what should i write?? Eh do you got what i mean? O.o
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    I saw ur #bringbackcyke tweets

The thing is.. Idk what to mail them i mean what should i write?? Eh do you got what i mean? O.o
    Well, I wrote mine like a short paper to a teacher or professor, and the gist was: "Bring back Cyclops, there's plenty to be done with him, he doesn't even have to join an X-Team." I signed it as a Cyclops fan.

Eye roll.
    10Char
    Sorry, my kid brother convinced me to do it.

Well, I wrote mine like a short paper to a teacher or professor, and the gist was: "Bring back Cyclops, there's plenty to be done with him, he doesn't even have to join an X-Team." I signed it as a Cyclops fan.
    thanks for sharing
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    thanks for sharing
    He should be back.

The Knight of Vengeance Daviddv0601's Avatar

At first, I always thought Scott was a little too hard on Wolverine but then I came to think about it and imagine myself in his shoes. If I was with the woman I really love, and I found a bad boy trying to take her from me, I wouldn't play nice with him either. Sure, the relationship between Scott and Jean is kind of shallow, but I think they both care about each other emotionally than physically because it is kind of clear that Wolverine is more interested in banging Jean than actually marrying her. Although, I doubt he would turn down a marriage if she were to marry him but still, it looks like Wolverine just wants sex. I still ship Wolverine with Jean, but I CAN understand why Scott would want to protect his relationship and be as much of a dick as he can to Wolverine so no, I don't want Cyclops to die.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

dead let him stay dead. he needs the break.
    #ideasneverdie
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!