Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ah, now I'm hearing it. My Bowie knowledge is far from top-notch, as I'm sure you already guessed. But it helps explain why I think it sucks though, most covers do. Its just a trailer though, no big, I just prefer awesome instrumentals with my super-heroes as opposed to rock songs.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-08-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

FINALLY got to see it! Loved it!

I love how they started with Lois dreaming of Clark. There is NO such thing as too much Amy Adams!

I also agree with what others have said: they showed JUST enough Superman without ruining anything. Now people know he's going to be in the movie, but they still don't know when or how. WB definitely learned from the Doomsday mistake in BvS, that's for sure!

Steppenwolf looks like a complete BEAST, and I can't wait to see how big of a threat he can be.

Batman? Still looking good, and I love how they're showing a little bit of humor to him this time around. That little exchange of looks between him and Diana while Barry nerds out over the Bat Signal? Fantastic! I'm definitely seeing why Zack Snyder mentioned that it was the chemistry between Gal and Affleck that really sold him on casting Diana. That little, nonverbal exchange between the two of them just spoke volumes.

Wonder Woman? MAN, they're making her look great! That shot of her on that statue? Holy crap! That's EASILY on par with any of the great hero shots in cinema history. That flipping sword catch? Awesome! Gal continues to reinforce that she IS Wonder Woman.

Aquaman? I still love him! He may not be the most traditional Aquaman, but I don't give a crap! He's going to be so much fun to watch and this movie should DEFINITELY get people pumped for his movie next year.

Flash? Still great! I guarantee you, Ezra Miller is going to steal the audience's heart in this movie and I'm really loving the effects they've come up with for when he uses his powers.

Cyborg? He wasn't in it much, but I think his CGI is definitely looking better, and that little exchange between him and Aquaman makes me think he's not going to just dour and depressed all the time. There seemed to be some real camaraderie between those two in that scene.

I love how they're emphasizing the importance of coming together as a team. I love the hopeful message. Heck, I loved just about everything!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

They do a good job of pointing out in just the trailer alone that Bruce's motivation for creating the League is completely focused on honoring Superman. If that's gotten across in a trailer, I think they'll do a good job of hammering that home in the movie so when Superman does arrive, It'll be more than him just joining something already established independent of him. it'll be joining something that was established, in essence, FOR him.

With this, I'm hoping even more that Bruce gets captured. There'd be a cool connection there that the group he helped form to honor Superman and fight darkness will be what saves his life, led by the man he actually was honoring who just came back to life.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-08-2017 at 10:23 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

International trailer. A little extra footage in it.

I kinda noticed that it looks like Wonder Woman will be at least partially involved in persuading Cyborg to join the team.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

One thing i am noticing is that aquaman seems to be holding his trident ALL the time. Is this supposed to be a source of his power or something?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    One thing i am noticing is that aquaman seems to be holding his trident ALL the time. Is this supposed to be a source of his power or something?
    I doubt it. He THROWS it at least a couple Parademons, after all. In the middle of a battle, if you throw your weapon, you have to accept that there's a more-than-slight chance you won't be getting it back too easily. Though, I suppose it's possible the Trident might give him access to some extra powers, like whatever he's doing to hold back that big wave.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They do a good job of pointing out in just the trailer alone that Bruce's motivation for creating the League is completely focused on honoring Superman. If that's gotten across in a trailer, I think they'll do a good job of hammering that home in the movie so when Superman does arrive, It'll be more than him just joining something already established independent of him. it'll be joining something that was established, in essence, FOR him.

With this, I'm hoping even more that Bruce gets captured. There'd be a cool connection there that the group he helped form to honor Superman and fight darkness will be what saves his life, led by the man he actually was honoring who just came back to life.
    Yes i like that too. Superman's death has inspired Bruce. He has saved Bruce. Such subtle heroism is great. I am hyped for that. If Superman is dead for most of the movie at least show his role in the formation of the team. His joining the team would carry more weight if 'it was formed in essence for him'. (How do you put it in so few words? ).

I would love to see that Batman is saved for once. He will definitely have those cool action beats. But his being rescued will show how far he has come from the grumpy, self-destructive guy he was in BvS.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-08-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It was okay. The dream sequence was the best part. That stupid song in the background of the rest of it though hurt it, I thought it.
    Wow, what's wrong with Bowie?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Wow, what's wrong with Bowie?
    It did not fit what was going on throughout the trailer. It felt very out of place.

BANNED

I thought it worked just fine

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    It did not fit what was going on throughout the trailer. It felt very out of place.
    A song about heroes being out of place in a Justice League movie?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

For me its lame rock music being out of place (nothing wrong with Bowie, but this is a crappy cover anyway). Just a personal thing. I prefer an instrumental score. And in the end not that big a deal because hopefully this kind of thing isn't going to be playing in the actual movie.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Nice trailer.

If only they had decided to put in the League Barry Allen and Aquaman rather than a random speedster and Atlantean. Such a shame....

(It's called sarcasm.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    A song about heroes being out of place in a Justice League movie?
    I'm an instrumentalist so I don't pay attention to the words

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Nice trailer.

If only they had decided to put in the League Barry Allen and Aquaman rather than a random speedster and Atlantean. Such a shame....

(It's called sarcasm.)
    Yeah, that's exactly like the villain in Dark Knight. He was great, just not the Joker.