Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The only thing I dislike about this trailer is the inclusion of those new "blister trailers". It's a trend that needs to die.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 10-08-2017 at 02:09 PM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Wow, this might not suck.

I loved Wonder Woman but hated BVS and Man of Steel (and that's not just typical fanboy exagerration: I hated the "Superman" movies every bit as much as I loved Wonder Woman, which is a whole lot) so I'm super apprehensive about this. Especially as it features the vision of two extremely different filmmakers.

But that looked decent. Hopefully it will be good.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Looks pretty good! They’ve done such a good job of not ruining Superman’s return. Thankfully they learned their lesson from the Doomsday reveal in the BvS trailer.

Love seeing the Amazons riding into battle. I wonder who that guy is that is shown getting disintegrated. Looks like he’s wearing ancient armor. Maybe from The flashback sequence that shows the Amazons, Atlanteans, and humans teaming up to stop the first invasion from Apokolips.

Wonder Woman standing on the statue of justice was amazing!

I know a lot of purists are hating on Ezra but you need to have to audience POV character and he’s nailing it. His reactions are pretty much what ours would be if we saw the bat signal in the sky. “Holy crap! The bat signal! That’s so awesome!”

Loved seeing them work together. The teamwork during the battle with the Parademons was super cool.

My only concern is Cyborg. He’s clearly in his tragic mopey phase here. Obviously he’s just been transformed into Cyborg so I guess it’s understandable. But I will walk out of the theater disappointed if Vic hasn’t learned how to change back into his normal human look by the end of this flick. Would hate for him to still have to act like a tragic Frankenstein monster at the end, hiding himself under a hoodie, while the others happily celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Looks pretty good! They’ve done such a good job of not ruining Superman’s return. Thankfully they learned their lesson from the Doomsday reveal in the BvS trailer.

Love seeing the Amazons riding into battle. I wonder who that guy is that is shown getting disintegrated. Looks like he’s wearing ancient armor. Maybe from The flashback sequence that shows the Amazons, Atlanteans, and humans teaming up to stop the first invasion from Apokolips.

Wonder Woman standing on the statue of justice was amazing!

I know a lot of purists are hating on Ezra but you need to have to audience POV character and he’s nailing it. His reactions are pretty much what ours would be if we saw the bat signal in the sky. “Holy crap! The bat signal! That’s so awesome!”

Loved seeing them work together. The teamwork during the battle with the Parademons was super cool.

My only concern is Cyborg. He’s clearly in his tragic mopey phase here. Obviously he’s just been transformed into Cyborg so I guess it’s understandable. But I will walk out of the theater disappointed if Vic hasn’t learned how to change back into his normal human look by the end of this flick. Would hate for him to still have to act like a tragic Frankenstein monster at the end, hiding himself under a hoodie, while the others happily celebrate.
    I didn’t know Vic could do that.

Still not overly sold on Cyborg being a founding member of the Justice League, and yes, that goes back to the New52. Wasn't crazy about it then either. But its already there. That said;

So HYPED! Can't wait for it to come out!
    mqdefault.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I didn’t know Vic could do that.
    Yeah ever since his DCYou series he has been able to change back into a regular looking human.

BANNED

It seems as though I might actually be able to warm up to Ezra Miller as Barry, but I can and will not get over that Flash costume!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    It seems as though I might actually be able to warm up to Ezra Miller as Barry, but I can and will not get over that Flash costume!
    Luckily, you won't have to put up with it forever. Rumor has had it for a while that the costume is just something Barry could cobble together on his own. Supposedly, he'll be getting a better costume courtesy of Tony Stark.....I mean BATMAN!!!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Retired

I might need to go back and watch BVS again just to study what's going on with that ring. They wouldn't draw our attention to it in the trailer for no reason. Is there some Kryptonian tech in the ring that will play a part in Superman's revival?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Luckily, you won't have to put up with it forever. Rumor has had it for a while that the costume is just something Barry could cobble together on his own. Supposedly, he'll be getting a better costume courtesy of Tony Stark.....I mean BATMAN!!!
    I was assuming that would be this, what he wore in his cameo in BvS, you know when they do the time travel thing
    FlashFutureSuit.jpg

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I might need to go back and watch BVS again just to study what's going on with that ring. They wouldn't draw our attention to it in the trailer for no reason. Is there some Kryptonian tech in the ring that will play a part in Superman's revival?
    Overthinking. Probably a romantic gesture only.

Incredible Member

This trailer was pretty good overall.

Aquaman came off as Brave and the Bold/Smallville fun loving action hero. Cyborg may not have been shown in much but he was very well handled in the scenes he was in. Wonder Woman shined like always. Flash was amazing(the bat signal part was a little much but he really captured the fanboy moment),honestly while Ezra Barry serves the same purpose of JL Wally, He definitely seems like he is playing on the core Barry characteristics in a Ezra fashion(his fashionable late style, his fanboy/comic loving persona, the scientist, and his everyman nature). Batman(the mention of Knightmare influencing his decision was a nice touch) and Wonder Woman was definitely great being the parents/veterans allowing the other heroes be the newcomers of this new world.

But I loved how they featured Clark and still able to keep his part a secret but still show him off. It also seems that they will play up his moments of inspiring other people as well. Hopefully they find a way to bring back Clark's reporter side as well.

BANNED

Liked the trailer.

Pretty lackluster year for movies so far. Liked Wonder Woman but that's about it as far as genre movies...

Hopefully Thor: Ragnarok, Justice League and Star Wars: The Last Jedi will turn things around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Umm no, Clark had intended to propose to Lois and had the ring sent to Smallville before he got stuffed. Lois wore it at the funeral.
    But yes, it's likely only a romantic gesture.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    Liked the trailer.

Pretty lackluster year for movies so far. Liked Wonder Woman but that's about it as far as genre movies...

Hopefully Thor: Ragnarok, Justice League and Star Wars: The Last Jedi will turn things around.
    I really liked War for the POTA and Blade Runner personally. I'm not into horror but I like the original It and heard the new one was amazing.